“Good Night !” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Beckley
Brantford, Canada
“Good Night !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Found the service to be friendly and the room clean - beds were very comfortable and zero noise issues from other rooms. A GOOD NIGHT Sleep !

down part was no breakfast included - had to use the local McDonalds for a quick bite to eat !

• Stayed April 2014
Naoma D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Beckley, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Ryan:
Thank you so much for sharing your comments concerning your recent stay with us. It is always a great day when we are able to give our guests a great stay. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I grew up in Beckley and this was my first trip there not staying in the family home. Was very unimpressed as a frequent traveler and Marriott Platinum Elite member - this was my first time at a Courtyard and if this is representative of them, it will definitely be my last. This is a franchise Courtyard, perhaps actual Marriott-owned ones are better. It is certainly no where near worth the outlandish room rates this hotel charges.

First, they don't tell you of the 25% surcharge for debit card use and up to 10 days to get it back until you check in. I use my debit card because my CU gives me rebates for using it. The rooms are very noisy - I got really tired of listening to the family next door and people going up and down the hallways . It is no wonder - there is so much daylight around and underneath the doors. The beds were the poorest Marriott brand beds I've every slept in with very cheap bedding and very poor quality pillows. The sink is a thimble and really doesn't even have an appropriate place for the coffee maker to plug in that is sitting on it. Really doesn't matter because the coffee in the room was abysmal and the postage stamp size tea bags made horrid tasting tea. The king size room lay out is a real puzzle - lots of wasted space in the room and the TV is on the side wall and you have to turn it to watch it from the side. After a long hard drive, I'd looked forward to a epsom salt and lavender soak in the tub - unfortunately, the tubs don't really have a drain stopper, it just sort of sits on it and the only way to keep the tub full is keep the water running - not a particularly environmentally conscious decision.

Travelers, if you are considering this location or any other hotel at the Harper Road exit on I-77, be advised. Harper Road is very congested and this is a waypoint for lots of travelers. You must have reservations wherever you stay if this is your stopover point.

Room Tip: The hotel is right off of I-77, but the interstate noise is quiet (I grew up less than a mile from h...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Naoma D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Beckley, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Than you very much for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. I hope we have opportunity in the future to serve you again. Should you wish to discuss this matter further please feel free to contact me personally.
Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Courtyard Beckley is a newer looking hotel, clean, nice size room. We had king bed with sofa bed in room. Bistro on site that offers breakfast, dinner options for a fee. We did not order anything from the Bistro. There are a number of chain restaurants within walking distance of hotel (McDonald's, Applebees, etc.)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for commenting about your recent stay here at our hotel. We value your feedback it helps us to provide the very best service to our guest. The bistro style restraunt is a great concept in our lobby it offers healthy breakfast and dinner options. We look forward to having you as our guest on your next trip.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Paid $150 for a two queen bedroom. Beds were the most uncomfortable I been on. Every movement my wife made I felt. Can't believe that there was no complementary breakfast with the price I paid.
We were very disappointed. It would seem that this hotel relies solely on its convenient location to attract patrons. Being price-gouged was bad form.

• Stayed July 2014
Naoma D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Beckley, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Guest:
We apperciate your feedback concerning your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry that you were not pleased with the new Marriott Bistro concept, it has been a great success with the majority of our guests. Fortunately, Marriott has many different brands in their family each offering different amenities to satisfy the needs of different guests. We have found it to be true regarding our bedding as well. Many of our guest love the memory foam mattresses so much that Courtyard has its own website where these items can be purchased by the general public. We value you as a Marriott guest and hope even if Courtyard is not the right fit for you that find one of our many other brands to suit your needs.
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stopped here for one night while traveling from South Carolina to Ohio. Very easy access off I-77, with many restaurants in immediate area. Clean rooms, friendly and quick staff,decent restaurant menu, good drink selection. The pool and outdoor fire pit area was fantastic as well. The only suggestion we had is that they would add a few more "kid friendly" menu items at the restaurant. We thought that for a family of 4,the price was right. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor, the balcony can be a good place to unwind when sharing a room with children.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

So here's the deal. I was out of the room all day and came back to find that it had not been cleaned. Called downstairs to ask what happened, and they said it was my fault for having left the do not disturb sign on the door in the morning. Okay. I mean, I took the sign off before I left around 1 pm, and usually housekeeping asks if you need anything, but whatever. It's my fault, that's fine. However. Do I really want to come back after a long day working in the pouring rain to a not-cleaned room and a harsh word from housekeeping? Or do I want to stay somewhere that gives the impression - even if it's totally superficial - that they actually care if I'm comfortable?
Also, just a heads up, there is no free breakfast or coffee at this Courtyard, and the breakfast options they do have are very Starbucksy, so if you need food in the morning you will either be out of luck or at the McDonalds next door, with everyone else.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Naoma D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Beckley, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Mr. Swan
I am sorry to hear of the houskeeping issue that you metioned, I have discussed your comments at our morning meeting and plan to use this as a teachable moment for our staff. Your room most certainly should have been cleaned if the do not disturb was removed from your door at 1:00 PM. I apolgize for the frustration this must have caused. Personally I am not a hugh fan of starbucks either, however it has been a great sucess at Courtyard hotels. Mr. Swan your confidence and patronage is very important to us. We are always interested in our guests impressions and appreciate being made aware of your experience. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Libertyville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Hotel has a great lobby with a small bar and eating area. In the back there is a gas fir pit with plenty of chairs. Nice to relax after a long day. Rooms are decent. We had a family of 4 and ran out of shampoo and the front desk had no problem giving us more.

Stayed July 2014

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Beckley? Share your experiences!