“The rude front desk man” 2 of 5 stars

Super 8 Beckley
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2014 Harper Rd., Beckley, WV 25801   |
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Beckley
Homestead, Pennsylvania
“The rude front desk man”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The front desk person was watching TV. I have to say hello to him to get his attention when I check in.
He gave me the room keys that does not work. I have to take it back to the front desk from second floor. He just look at me and re-program the keys without saying sorry. He went back to his TV.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
48Debbie, Manager at Super 8 Beckley, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
I apologize for your experience with the desk clerk and would like you to know that issue will be taken care of and I thank you for making me aware of the situation.hope to see you again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Beckley
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The rooms were dark, and as I entered, the dresser was pulled away from the wall. I looked down to see microwave and fridge unplugged. Would have pushed the dresser back, but the used condom on the back of the dresser just kinda ruined my night...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

48Debbie, Manager at Super 8 Beckley, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
thank you for your review and I do apologize for the issue you had. next time inform the front desk of such issues so they can be handled.thank you
Sparta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Booked this hotel though hotels.com. Because of concerns of getting the desired non-smoking room, contacted hotels.com by phone instead of booking online and was assured that it would be a non-smoking room. Arrived after 10 hours on the road only to learn it was a smoking room and desk clerk could not change it as it was booked through a third party. Contacted hotels.com and they contacted desk clerk and got it changed. It was most inconvenient and desk clerk was not happy and wanted us to know that the change was going to cost her personally. While sympathetic, cannot stand "smoking" and cannot believe in this day and age you can't be assured of a smoke free room. Room just passable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
48Debbie, Manager at Super 8 Beckley, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
I thank you for your review and apologize for the problems you had with booking your room and unfortunately when you book through a third party they have no worries they take your money before you are even done with reservation and then the hotel cannot make any changes to your room type or rate or anything not even your name without going through them. they pretty much do what they want and expect the hotel to fix their problems when they know we cant. hopefully you just book through the hotel next time and have a much easier time on your travels
Beckley
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Was not impressed !! For a disabled veteran with a cane to be placed at the far end of the hall was a disservice to me. The bed spread appeared clean ... but looking at it displayed many stains and burns, and the blanket had many more burns and stains, The sheets did appear clean and I did use them. The room had some nice lamps, but because of the wall electrical socket placement, only one of the three could be turned on (no extension cords in site). One half of the floor had been vacuumed the other ignored. All I will say about the bathroom is that it was a mess with long and short dark hairs all over the place as the least of the problems. This was my first stay at a Super 8 ... most likely the last.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

48Debbie, Manager at Super 8 Beckley, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
I would like to thank you for your review and apologize for the issues you had in your room we could have accommodated you with another room if we had known about this earlier and I we hope you will come give us another try everyone has a bad day!
Florence, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I tried to stay at this hotel after booking online but the front desk and manager was very disrespectful as in your review your comments are not true I asked to have my room change and all I got from everyone was we can,t help you. The hotel gilt IRS hotel I have ever seen and it shows by how the front desk and the manager Debbie reacts and responds to guest. I would recommend Debbie to get retrained on friendly customers service along with the other lady working the front desk. In this type of business the customers is always right but with this hotel the hotel is always right. I would never stay or recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Not this super 8 they should remove the super from their name.