“Not bad, but not good either” 2 of 5 stars

Super 8 Beckley
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2014 Harper Rd., Beckley, WV 25801   |
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Beckley
Sparta
“Not bad, but not good either”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Booked this hotel though hotels.com. Because of concerns of getting the desired non-smoking room, contacted hotels.com by phone instead of booking online and was assured that it would be a non-smoking room. Arrived after 10 hours on the road only to learn it was a smoking room and desk clerk could not change it as it was booked through a third party. Contacted hotels.com and they contacted desk clerk and got it changed. It was most inconvenient and desk clerk was not happy and wanted us to know that the change was going to cost her personally. While sympathetic, cannot stand "smoking" and cannot believe in this day and age you can't be assured of a smoke free room. Room just passable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
48Debbie, Manager at Super 8 Beckley, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
I thank you for your review and apologize for the problems you had with booking your room and unfortunately when you book through a third party they have no worries they take your money before you are even done with reservation and then the hotel cannot make any changes to your room type or rate or anything not even your name without going through them. they pretty much do what they want and expect the hotel to fix their problems when they know we cant. hopefully you just book through the hotel next time and have a much easier time on your travels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Beckley
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Was not impressed !! For a disabled veteran with a cane to be placed at the far end of the hall was a disservice to me. The bed spread appeared clean ... but looking at it displayed many stains and burns, and the blanket had many more burns and stains, The sheets did appear clean and I did use them. The room had some nice lamps, but because of the wall electrical socket placement, only one of the three could be turned on (no extension cords in site). One half of the floor had been vacuumed the other ignored. All I will say about the bathroom is that it was a mess with long and short dark hairs all over the place as the least of the problems. This was my first stay at a Super 8 ... most likely the last.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

48Debbie, Manager at Super 8 Beckley, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
I would like to thank you for your review and apologize for the issues you had in your room we could have accommodated you with another room if we had known about this earlier and I we hope you will come give us another try everyone has a bad day!
Florence, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I tried to stay at this hotel after booking online but the front desk and manager was very disrespectful as in your review your comments are not true I asked to have my room change and all I got from everyone was we can,t help you. The hotel gilt IRS hotel I have ever seen and it shows by how the front desk and the manager Debbie reacts and responds to guest. I would recommend Debbie to get retrained on friendly customers service along with the other lady working the front desk. In this type of business the customers is always right but with this hotel the hotel is always right. I would never stay or recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Not this super 8 they should remove the super from their name.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
48Debbie, Manager at Super 8 Beckley, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
I thank you for your comments and we both know what happened! We have nothing to do with third party reservations and I'm sorry that is how you booked your room. We are a friendly staffed hotel and get more comments on that then negative so I apologize for your attitude.
Hamilton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

To start the walls are paper thin, if you are cold you have to suck it up cause the heater gives off a horrible smell and the beds must be from 1902! I will NEVER stay in another super 8 again. We only stopped because we were tired from being on the road....my advice is keep driving.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
48Debbie, Manager at Super 8 Beckley, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
I apologize that you did not have a good experience on your stay. I wish you would of informed the front desk of the issues in the room or we could have moved you. I do wish that you reconsider and give us another try. thank you

Been to Super 8 Beckley? Share your experiences!