“Good property, but getting better!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Beckley
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good property, but getting better!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have stayed here several times, and have had a good stay each time. The staff has recently been 'upgraded' and there are also 'upgrades' being made to each room. I stayed in one of the recently remodeled rooms and it was a distinct improvement. This property is well situated to the main highways in the area, as well as food, gas, shopping, etc. This will continue to be my 'stop' when I am in this area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
48Debbie, Manager at Super 8 Beckley, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Super 8. I am glad you are liking the improvements we are making in our remodel. This has been a great location for food, gas, etc..We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Jamestown
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Had we walked to the elevator before paying for the room, we would have left. Apparently there is construction going on. That shouldn't preclude picking up trash in the elevator area and adjacent hall. A heads-up and advance apology would have been nice. The room was only okay. Didn't feel too clean. Toilet barely worked. I felt that the price was high coinsidering the circumstances.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

48Debbie, Manager at Super 8 Beckley, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I apologize for the mess from the construction going on due to our renovations. I agree the area should of been more presentable but is hard to do with so much going on with construction we strive to do our best to satisfy our guests and to maintain a clean environment. I hope you return after all renovations are finished and can enjoy the changes.
JEFFERSON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here on our way from FL to Ohio. The rooms were nothing special and could use a good cleaning. The towels were thin. The bed sank in the middle. I didn't trust the sheets and took the spread off the bed before putting down my sheet and blanket. The blanket had many cigarette burn holes. Wear slippers to avoid the less than clean rug. We didn't bother to check out the breakfast area. The best thing I can say is that the location is convenient.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mississauga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

As a budget traveler I am always looking for reasonably priced accommodation for someplace just to sleep for a few hours and SUPER 8's usually fall within that category.
This hotel right off I-77 offers the same basics as the rest of the chain and is reasonable when combined with the TRAVEL COUPONS from the website or the booklets.
Like most well-used items, however, it needs some fixing up ...and some light in the Reception area to make the first impressions a bit more appealing.
The rooms are acceptable but the carpets could use a little more vacuuming. The bathroom was clean and the brightest part of the whole deal. I had a pretty good sleep.
I left before the breakfast so I can't comment on it.

I usually put more into my reviews but this place kinda makes me feel depressed the more I think about it.......ho hum........

Room Tip: Get a non-smoking room on the first level...facing the parking lot (east).