“EWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 15 hotels in Beckley
Hamler, Oh
“EWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

The clothes rack hangs over the desk. Our dripping wet rain suits made the desk unusable. There was no place to move the desk. THe air conditioner did not work properly. The breakfast was corn flakes or corn flakes. The chairs were so filthy you did not want to sit down and the entire area was a mess. The floor in the eating area was so gross. EWWWWWW

Room Tip: Just avoid Beckley -
Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Round Hill
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

I saw the bedbugs after I pulled the sheets back but before I had gotten into bed (thank goodness!). Then I saw the cockroach crawling on the wall next to the headboard of the bed. I used the plastic bag in the ice bucket to collect the bugs and tied it closed. There was no way I was sleeping in that bed so I spent a wakeful couple of hours trying to sleep in the bath tub. I finally gave up and checked out around 4:30 a.m. after handing the bags of bugs to the night clerk. He asked why I hadn't called the desk, and I told him that I figured if there were bedbugs and cockroaches in one room, they were probably in all the rooms and that I spent the night trying to sleep in a cold hard bathtub with a towel as a blanket. He told me he'd knock off $20 from my bill. I've got an email in to the Super 8 headquarters asking for a full refund. Just keep on driving, don't stop here!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Ortonville, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

We were traveling from MI to NC and had to stop somewhere. We figured Super 8 wouldn't be bad because we have stayed with them before. WE WERE WRONG!!!! The room was dirty! The bathroom was unsanitary. There was a coffe maker in the room, but no coffee to make. Then we turned the bedspread down to go to sleep and there was someones DNA all over!!!!! It was 3 in the morning and we were so tired from driving that we grabbed our own blankets from our truck and slept on them, and covered up with them. I would rather sleep in the front seat of my truck than ever stay here again!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Check reviews and plan ahead!!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

Found bedbugs in the room after feeling like I had been chewed on at 5am. I got outta there as fast as possible! The man at the desk told me that they recently had exterminators but they only guarantee for 2 days.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

I have stayed in Super 8 hotels before, once traveling to the west but this experience was beyond belief. I am almost tempted to take Super 8 off my travel list. If we weren't in a hurry to get to a funeral and weren't so tired when we arrived, i would have turned and walked out!!!! It was filthy and the sheets looked like something I would let my grandkids play with. I think if the health department was called in they would be shut down.

• Stayed March 2011
Waynesville,NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

DO NOT STAY HERE! My husband & I have stayed at the Super 8 in Elkins & it has always been a positive experience, so when we found ourselves out late one nite we decided to give the one in Beckley a try. It was a mistake we will not make again! The price was outrageous, the hallways poorly lit, & worst of all-our rrom had not been cleaned. The floors were dirty, so were the sheets, there was hair & filth in the sink, & let's just say the toilet had not been cleaned. When I reported this to the desk clerk he hardly acted surprised, but did move us to another room immediately. This room was cleaner, but that's not saying much. By this time we were exhausted and decided to bite the bullet. The next morning I talked to yet another desk clerk who would not let me speak to a manager, but did refund part of our money. This was the most disgusting place I have ever stayed-I repeat-DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

After reading the reviews, I was a little skeptical. But it turns out that the hotel is pretty nice. There's high speed internet, free continental breakfast and the staff is very very nice and polite. The room is spacious. Since bed bugs are a problem in places like the Empire State building, I had to check but I found that there were none in the room what-so-ever. Price is good as well. Their Wyndham's program is very beneficial -- can rack up point for a free night!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Beckley? Share your experiences!