“Great staff!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Beckley
Smithville, Ohio
“Great staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stayed one night; room was very clean and nice. Older hotel, but worth the cost. Nice breakfast. Miranda was especially nice staff member working the breakfast. All the staff was very friendly and kind. Very quiet in nice area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
talli_9, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you so much for the compliments about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to do so . I will be happy to pass the kind words along to Miranda and the staff. We do hope that if you are in our area again you will stop and stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Room was clean. Staff was average but I only had to deal with them on check in. I don't think that they were rude but certainly wasn't welcoming. I would recommend this hotel if you are in this area. I was pleasantly surprised. After driving 1100 miles, it was nice to find a room that was clean, had a clean bathroom and offered comfort.

Room Tip: Didn't really hear much noise from outside of the room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for commenting on Trip Advisor, I appreciate your feedback. Thank you for commenting about the cleanliness of your room and that you had a good rest. I do hope that if you are in our area again you will stop and stay with us.
Conway, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here. The breakfast was very good: cereal, fruit, scrambled eggs, waffles, yogurt, coffee, juice.
Nice size rooms.
We had no complaints.
There is a nice Italian restaurant within walking distance. We had dinner on the patio. Prices are a little high, but not out of line for a nice restaurant.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for you comments about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate you and the feedback that you provide us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that if you are in the area again you will stop and stay with us.
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

A group was checking in in front of me. The desk clerk was unprofessional and showed his contempt for having to be in this job. Once he finished with the guys in front of me he reluctantly took my name and processed my reservation. He whaled loudly each time the phone rang telling the caller he was extremely busy( It was just me) an rudely put them on hold. Not a good 1st impression. The room was old and over priced. The lady at check out was friendly.

I would avoid Choice Hotel properties!

Room Tip: choose another hotel...for the price ($111..$125 W/ALL FEES) you can find a better place.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I have read your comments about your stay at our hotel and would like to apologize for the way you were treated at our hotel. That is not the way I run my hotel, our guest are our top priority and everyone that works here knows that. I am so sorry and would like for you to contact the hotel at the number on your receipt or the email address that is on it to discuss this further.
Burlington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My granddaughter and I recently stayed in this hotel on our way to North Carolina. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. It is right off the highway and easy to get to with very little problems.

The rooms were nice but not outstanding. Well done for the cost which was reasonable.

Major draw back was that the pool was not attached to the building. It was out the back, across the parking lot, not far but a bit of an inconvenience. It was fenced in and had chairs and loungers. The towels were what I would consider a larger hand towel or small regular towel. Best to bring your own pool towel. There were plenty of towels but you needed 3 to cover the lounger.

Breakfast was the usual with a waffle maker, toaster etc. but again nothing to distinguish itself from any other hotel chain.

Would I stay there again. YES! the rooms were clean, staff friendly, cost reasonable and breakfast adequate.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment to Trip Advisor, we appreciate our guest and the feedback they provide, Thank you for the comments about the staff we try to make everyone feel welcome from the time they come on our property until the time they leave. I am looking forward to a return visit.
Beckley, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The price was very cheap compared to other hotels once we got a coupon. The breakfast and the workers were both phenomenal and the only problem was the pool being completely across the back parking lot.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for staying with us at Comfort Inn, we appreciate your feedback and we appreciate you. While our pool is across our parking lot, once you get there it is a wonderful area to unwind from the noise and to be able to enjoy the surroundings. We do hope that you will stay with us again.
Upper Peninsula
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is a real nice property that is close to the interstate. We were just passing through, and this did the trick for us. The guy at the front desk who checked us in was very thorough, and very nice. We felt appreciated from the moment we walked in the door. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for you comments concerning your stay at our hotel. We appreciate our guest and love the feedback we get. I am happy to hear you were made to feel welcome, we strive at the Comfort Inn to make everyones stay an enjoyable one from check in to check out. We do hope that if you are in the area again you will stop and stay with us.

Been to Comfort Inn Beckley? Share your experiences!