“Good price and very pleasant” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Beckley
Conway, SC
“Good price and very pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here. The breakfast was very good: cereal, fruit, scrambled eggs, waffles, yogurt, coffee, juice.
Nice size rooms.
We had no complaints.
There is a nice Italian restaurant within walking distance. We had dinner on the patio. Prices are a little high, but not out of line for a nice restaurant.

Stayed July 2014
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you so much for you comments about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate you and the feedback that you provide us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that if you are in the area again you will stop and stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

A group was checking in in front of me. The desk clerk was unprofessional and showed his contempt for having to be in this job. Once he finished with the guys in front of me he reluctantly took my name and processed my reservation. He whaled loudly each time the phone rang telling the caller he was extremely busy( It was just me) an rudely put them on hold. Not a good 1st impression. The room was old and over priced. The lady at check out was friendly.

I would avoid Choice Hotel properties!

Room Tip: choose another hotel...for the price ($111..$125 W/ALL FEES) you can find a better place.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I have read your comments about your stay at our hotel and would like to apologize for the way you were treated at our hotel. That is not the way I run my hotel, our guest are our top priority and everyone that works here knows that. I am so sorry and would like for you to contact the hotel at the number on your receipt or the email address that is on it to discuss this further.
Burlington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My granddaughter and I recently stayed in this hotel on our way to North Carolina. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. It is right off the highway and easy to get to with very little problems.

The rooms were nice but not outstanding. Well done for the cost which was reasonable.

Major draw back was that the pool was not attached to the building. It was out the back, across the parking lot, not far but a bit of an inconvenience. It was fenced in and had chairs and loungers. The towels were what I would consider a larger hand towel or small regular towel. Best to bring your own pool towel. There were plenty of towels but you needed 3 to cover the lounger.

Breakfast was the usual with a waffle maker, toaster etc. but again nothing to distinguish itself from any other hotel chain.

Would I stay there again. YES! the rooms were clean, staff friendly, cost reasonable and breakfast adequate.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment to Trip Advisor, we appreciate our guest and the feedback they provide, Thank you for the comments about the staff we try to make everyone feel welcome from the time they come on our property until the time they leave. I am looking forward to a return visit.
Beckley, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The price was very cheap compared to other hotels once we got a coupon. The breakfast and the workers were both phenomenal and the only problem was the pool being completely across the back parking lot.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for staying with us at Comfort Inn, we appreciate your feedback and we appreciate you. While our pool is across our parking lot, once you get there it is a wonderful area to unwind from the noise and to be able to enjoy the surroundings. We do hope that you will stay with us again.
Upper Peninsula
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is a real nice property that is close to the interstate. We were just passing through, and this did the trick for us. The guy at the front desk who checked us in was very thorough, and very nice. We felt appreciated from the moment we walked in the door. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for you comments concerning your stay at our hotel. We appreciate our guest and love the feedback we get. I am happy to hear you were made to feel welcome, we strive at the Comfort Inn to make everyones stay an enjoyable one from check in to check out. We do hope that if you are in the area again you will stop and stay with us.
Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Amy at the front desk was awesome. I had spoken with her on the phone to make the reservation, and she was just as pleasant on the phone. She knows customer service and knows how to do her job. When she told me we were on 1st floor, I asked if there was any chance we could be 2nd floor. It's always my luck to get a room with kids running over my head all night. She gladly changed and we got a recent remodeled room. It was very clean, beds were totally comfortable. As far as sleeping, using WiFi, having a frig in the room, etc., it was great. My only downs are: (1) Breakfast area was WAY too small. There was no room for the July 4th crowd. (2) I read another review where the lady was charged for a safe usage and she didn't catch it on her bill until she left. Therefore, I looked at my bill, and yes there was a $1.50 per day charge for safe usage. I didn't even know there was a safe in the room, and how do they know if it's used or not. Amy was more than pleasant and removed that charge. So anyone staying there, check before leaving. (3) There is no "sitting" chairs for tv viewing. Only chairs are desk chairs. I don't like trying to sit on the bed to watch tv. So other than those three things, it was a pleasant stay with good rest and Amy was wonderful.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor. Check your bill before leaving to see if you got charged for safe usage.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for your comments about your stay, we appreciate them and I will make sure to thank Amy, she does a really great job, I am glad we were able to accommodate you in your request, and apologize for the breakfast room being so full. We appreciate the feedback from our guest and try to make your stay as relaxing and enjoyable as we can. We do look forward to a return visit if you are in our area.
Paducah, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We used a coupon from a coupon book we got at a WV rest stop along the interstate. With the coupon, the room was only $78.35 and that was the "total." We won't stay anywhere we feel is substandard, coupon or not. The hotel is near the interstate and Tamarack is a very short drive away (maybe 5 minutes). Accommodations were very nice. Comfortable beds and the room was clean. Fridge and microwave. We didn't swim in the pool, but it looked clean, also. Free continental breakfast included. What more could we have wanted?

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your compliments about your stay with us. We appreciate you and all the feedback. I will pass along the comments to the staff and we are happy to know you enjoyed our free hot breakfast. We look forward to a return visit if you are in our area.

Been to Comfort Inn Beckley? Share your experiences!