“Way to go!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 hotels in Beckley
Marlinton, West Virginia
“Way to go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

This motel had everything in the room that you would possibly need. They had a full breakfast bar. There is an Italian Restaurant nearby. When we were checking in, a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies were brought out to welcome us. All the help were very pleasant as if they enjoyed their job. Price was reasonable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor about your stay at Comfort Inn. I appreciate that you took time out of your busy schedule to comment. I am pleased to know your stay went well and would like to invite you back again. In the spring we will have new carpet and new drapes to go along with the new bedding program, we have recently added guest laundry and an elevator. Thank you again for your comments I really appreciate the feedback from our guest.

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Wheelersburg, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was good as well. The hotel room met our needs and there are numerous restaurants nearby. Right off I-64/77, it was an excellent stay for us, and would stay again here, if in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment on Trip Advisor about your stay at my hotel. I appreciate all the feed back from our guests. Please stop in and see us again, we are making changes and are looking forward to showing off all the new and exciting things.
Dover, DE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

This Comfort Inn is located at exit 44 on I-64/77 at Beckley, WV. Getting off the interstate is easy but the whole intersection arrangement is convoluted. Getting to the hotel requires a left hand turn near the Bob Evans restaurant. Once at the Comfort Inn, you will find the parking spaces a little more spacious than most parking lots. Check in proceeded in a quick and orderly fashion. I had reservations. The room was a little on the small size, but certainly adequate for a night's stay. It was clean, neat,tidy, and quiet. The room had a microwave, refrig., and coffee pot. Also a nice touch was an air deflector on the HVAC unit to direct the air flow, be it AC or heat, into the room instead of up the curtains as with many of the hotel out there. The internet connection was S-L-O-W. I don't know who decided on the chairs in the rooms, but they must be just about the most uncomfortable chairs available. The breakfast room was disjointed and cobbled together as an after thought. Lighting was poor. That's if you care about the breakfast thing. Generally in this area you are kind of stuck for your lodging availability and the hotels in this area seem to know it. You get just get barely what you pay for and nothing extra.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time out of you busy schedule to comment about your stay at the Comfort Inn. I appreciate your eye for detail, most guest either don't notice the deflector on the a/c or never comment. We were having problems with our internet but we have contacted our server and had some things done to improve the connection. We are fortunate that our owner provides micro fridges in all rooms for the comfort of the guest. I would like to talk to you about your comments on the breakfast area as I am always looking for new ideas. If you would contact me by email or call the hotel, I would love to hear from you. The number and my email address are on your receipt. Thank you for noticing and commenting about your stay. I appreciate it and appreciate you. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.
New Hamburg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was a great hotel Steve at front desk was excellent check in was quick and staff very friendly The beds comfortable and the room clean. Close to restaurants . The price was great this place met our needs the breakfast was good too.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments about my hotel and your stay. We are excited about the changes that we have coming at our Comfort Inn. We are in the process of relpacing bedding with new wonderful relaxing bedding. We added an elevator and guest laundry. The hot breakfast is unbeatable. I appreciate all the feedback from our guests and would like to invite you back to see all the new changes that we will have completed by the end of the year,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I checked in on Tuesday night. Woke up Wednesday morning to roaches crawling around my room. Told the front desk. They said they would take care of it. Came back from work tired, so I went to bed assuming it was taken care of. Woke up the next morning to roaches everywhere. Complained again, and they said sorry, the other guy was supposed to give you another room. So, they gave me another room. It looked fine. I went to bed. I woke up the next morning and found another roach crawling on the shelf above the refrigerator. Granted, it could have came from my bag from the other room. Now I'm home, and I'm scared to bring my luggage in the house because I don't want my home to be infested. I got one "I'm sorry" from the front desk lady. Nothing from the manager. Then I go check out, and guess what? They charged me full price for the room. I will never stay in another comfort inn again.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for commenting about your stay at my hotel. I would like to apologize for any inconveniences you incurred with your stay at my hotel. I did have our exterminating company come and check your room and while no insect is a good one in a hotel room those were not roaches they were water bugs, and I do realize they should not have been there, I am very sorry. I understand from your comments that you were not given a discount, if you would contact me at the hotel I will be happy to help you with that. I am very sorry and would like to invite you back to stay with us again. Thank you for your comments.
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We traveled from Paris Island back home to Cleveland and needed a place to spend the night. The comfort inn was perfect.
They do give Military Discounts.
Friendly staff
Great breakfast
Clean room
Free WiFi
No complaints.
The pool is outdoor by the way.
No workout room.
But this hotel is right next to the highway. Very convenient to get to.
There is a restaurant next door, but we had Domino' pizza delivered to our room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
I have read your comments to Trip Advisor about your stay at the Comfort Inn, and would like to thank you for taking the time to comment. I am glad you enjoyed the hot breakfast. We are looking forward to new bedding that will be in place in the early fall, and would love for you to come back and check it out. Thank you for again
Edgewater Park, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We have stayed at numerous Comfort Inns and this one was typical of the chain - clean, easy access, priced right, and available.

We stayed here on our way to Massanutten for two days of Motorcycle touring in the West Virginia area. They had space in the rear of the hotel to park the car and trailer with no hassle at all which is a big plus for us.

The staff was courteous, and the breakfast was actually quite good. There was construction going on, but it did not interfere with our stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your comments to Trip Advisor about your stay at the Comfort Inn. I appreciate that you took the time out of your busy schedule. Thank you for your feedback on your stay that helps me know where we need to concentrate on. The hot breakfast is a welcome to many travelers, we have just added guest laundry and an elevator and are changing the bedding in late September, I do hope that if you are in our area again you will stop and stay with us. Again thank you for your feedback.

Been to Comfort Inn Beckley? Share your experiences!