“Worst experience ever. Roaches in room.” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Beckley
“Worst experience ever. Roaches in room.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I checked in on Tuesday night. Woke up Wednesday morning to roaches crawling around my room. Told the front desk. They said they would take care of it. Came back from work tired, so I went to bed assuming it was taken care of. Woke up the next morning to roaches everywhere. Complained again, and they said sorry, the other guy was supposed to give you another room. So, they gave me another room. It looked fine. I went to bed. I woke up the next morning and found another roach crawling on the shelf above the refrigerator. Granted, it could have came from my bag from the other room. Now I'm home, and I'm scared to bring my luggage in the house because I don't want my home to be infested. I got one "I'm sorry" from the front desk lady. Nothing from the manager. Then I go check out, and guess what? They charged me full price for the room. I will never stay in another comfort inn again.

• Stayed September 2013
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for commenting about your stay at my hotel. I would like to apologize for any inconveniences you incurred with your stay at my hotel. I did have our exterminating company come and check your room and while no insect is a good one in a hotel room those were not roaches they were water bugs, and I do realize they should not have been there, I am very sorry. I understand from your comments that you were not given a discount, if you would contact me at the hotel I will be happy to help you with that. I am very sorry and would like to invite you back to stay with us again. Thank you for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We traveled from Paris Island back home to Cleveland and needed a place to spend the night. The comfort inn was perfect.
They do give Military Discounts.
Friendly staff
Great breakfast
Clean room
Free WiFi
No complaints.
The pool is outdoor by the way.
No workout room.
But this hotel is right next to the highway. Very convenient to get to.
There is a restaurant next door, but we had Domino' pizza delivered to our room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
I have read your comments to Trip Advisor about your stay at the Comfort Inn, and would like to thank you for taking the time to comment. I am glad you enjoyed the hot breakfast. We are looking forward to new bedding that will be in place in the early fall, and would love for you to come back and check it out. Thank you for again
Edgewater Park, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We have stayed at numerous Comfort Inns and this one was typical of the chain - clean, easy access, priced right, and available.

We stayed here on our way to Massanutten for two days of Motorcycle touring in the West Virginia area. They had space in the rear of the hotel to park the car and trailer with no hassle at all which is a big plus for us.

The staff was courteous, and the breakfast was actually quite good. There was construction going on, but it did not interfere with our stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your comments to Trip Advisor about your stay at the Comfort Inn. I appreciate that you took the time out of your busy schedule. Thank you for your feedback on your stay that helps me know where we need to concentrate on. The hot breakfast is a welcome to many travelers, we have just added guest laundry and an elevator and are changing the bedding in late September, I do hope that if you are in our area again you will stop and stay with us. Again thank you for your feedback.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I went down to Beckley, New River area for some whitewater rafting. This hotel was clean, had a nice breakfast. There was an outdoor pool but did not have an opportunity to use it due to rainy weather. The hotel was near restaurants and micro casinos. Tamarack Village was nearby also. The staff was very friendly a

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
I read your comments to Trip Advisor about your stay at my Comfort Inn and would like to thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate all of the feedback from our guest. We are always looking for ways to make your stay a pleasant one. I do hope that if you are in our area again you will stop by and see all of the new things that will be happening late fall. We will roll out our new bedding program and it is beautiful.
Hebron, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I read reviews before we came and I think some of the posters were nuts. The staff was wonderful the room was clean, and the location was perfect. The breakfast was perfect for us as well. I am traveling with two young kids and the hotel was safe for them. My only suggestion is to steam clean the carpets every couple of weeks. You never realize how dirty any floor is until a baby crawls around on it. Thankfully the showers were nice and the tubs were clean. Some hotels have disgusting tubs, not here! Hotel was also quiet. Comfy pillows and firm beds. My rough night of sleep was due to my kids sleeping in my bed and not the beds. Lastly, there are great outdoor key access entries. Loading and unloading was not a five mile walk! We booked for our return trip.
If you are seeking a resort then this is not your ideal location. But if you want a nice hotel for a pass through stop or a couple of days in Beckley then this is the go to place! I have stayed at two other beckley area hotels and this one, for the price range, was hands down the best I have seen.

Room Tip: Non smoking double beds great for families with little kids.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments about the Comfort Inn, I appreciate the feedback from our guest, I have started the process of cleaning the carpets and hopefully replacing them soon. We are excited to add new bedding to our rooms in the fall. We have just recently added an elevator and guest laundry. Thank you again for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor.
Elkton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stay here every year for Bridge Day and usually once in the summer. Hotel is convenient to major highways. New upgrades include rugs, paint, laundry facilities. Front desk staff is helpful and friendly. Rooms are scheduled for upgrades as well. Many restaurants in the area - and within walking distance.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway are quieter, but even those rooms facing the highway are quiet. New lau...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to respond to Trip Advisor about your stay at my Comfort Inn. I appreciate all of the comments and feedback, it is very important to me that we listen to the guest and try to provide their needs. We will be adding new bedding this fall and some new touches and would love for you to come and stay with us again and see all of the exciting things happening at the Comfort Inn Beckley
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed here just one evening. Room was nice and clean. Staff was exceptionally friendly. Only two slightly bothersome things: 1 door had a descent sized gap so hallway noise was noticeable and 2 hallways smelled slightly of smoke. Other than that, very acceptable.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments to Trip Advisor about your stay with us. I really appreciate all the feedback from our guest. We have recently added guest laundry and an elevator and are beginning in the fall with the rooms. Thank you for staying with us and I invite you to come back and see all the new and exciting things happening at our hotel.

Been to Comfort Inn Beckley? Share your experiences!