“Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Beckley
Keswick, Canada
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stopped at this hotel on our way from Florida to Ontario. After 13 hours in our car we needed fast check-in, comfortable beds and a clean washroom. We got all that and more. The room was modern and clean with everything you need - a refrigerator that was cold, a modern microwave and even a safe. The bathroom while not huge had lots of soft towels and free toiletries. The wifi was free and easy to connect to. We didn't leave the room until the next morning so I can't comment on the other facilities. We had the typical morning breakfast - cereals, waffles, sausage, fruit etc. and lots of coffee in the breakfast room that was staffed with really helpful and friendly ladies after having the coffee that we made in our room with the provided equipment.
All this for $65.00. We thought it more than worth the money and will certainly try and arrange to use this place on our yearly stops.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear ryerson, Thank you for your comments to Trip Advisor, the comments help me to see where we need to provide better guest service, I am happy to hear that Angela helped you with dinner recommendations, and that your stay was a good one. I appreciate your comments and will pass them along to the staff. I do hope that if you are in Beckley again you will stop and stay with us. We have a lot of changes in the next few months, an elevator and new bedding is forth coming. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Nokomis, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

My wife, traveling alone, stopped here for a night driving from NY to Fla. The girl on the front desk was great. She was very helpful and courteous to my often pickey wife. The room was satisfactory and waffle breakfast was great. .. Would definitely stay there again. The place, I thought was a bit pricey, but typical for this part of the country.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
DearAJS123 Thank you for your comments to Trip Advisor, I really appreciate them. I am so happy that your stay was a pleasant one, we try to accomodate each travelers needs, we offer free hot breakfast, wifi, microfridges in all rooms, and all of our rooms are inside corridor rooms for the travelers safety. I do hope that if you are in Beckley again you will stay with us, we are in the process of installing an elevator and new bedding will be coming shortly. Thank you again for your comments.
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Not as prominent as some of the other hotels at this exit but still very convenient for off again/on again when heading south. From where it is situated, (at the bottom of a hill), it doesn't look like much and could probably use a bit of updating but our room was clean and the bed super comfortable. And really, when you're travelling, trying to get a good night's rest and be on your way, what's more important? The staff at the front desk both checking in and out were really friendly and helpful. (Thanks Angela for the dinner recommendation and the cheerful greeting in the morning!) The complimentary breakfast, while not gourmet fare is enough to fuel you up and get you back on the road. As a Choice Rewards member I didn't even mind the fact that our stay didn't count for partner rewards because it was a 'coupon' rate. Definitely will stop here the next time we're passing through.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Ryerson, I have read your comments on Trip Advisor and would like to thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your business. I would like to tell you we are in the process of updating and giving our Comfort Inn a new face lift, our new canopy is almost complete and we are installing an elevator in March. I want to thank you for your comments it helps give me feedback as to what the guest like you are looking for. Our hot breakfast is a wonderful way to start your day. Thank you for your kind words about our front desk staff, and I will pass on to Angela the thank you. I hope that if you are in Beckley again you will stay with us. Thank you Beckley GM
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel is in a convenient location. Near the interstate, but far enough away so there is no noise. We had the king bed, smoking room since I was traveling with a friend who smokes. I do not smoke and I have noticed that usually in the Choice Hotels if you request a smoking room, they are disgusting. This is not the case here! There was no smell of smoke at all in the room. The room was very clean and it had a fresh, clean smell. Also, loved the spacious room size too.

I read other reviews about the hotel needing renovating but our room must have already been updated. The decor was fine and the furniture was nice and clean. I would rank this hotel as one of the very best Choice Hotels I have stayed in. We were gold members last year and platinum this year so we stay in our share of this chains hotels.

I highly recommend this hotel for a great value! I have paid more for much less. Also, the staff was very friendly. Typical breakfast but friendly staff make it enjoyable.

Btw, previous comments about the remodel of the front making it difficult to check in is ridiculous! If you can read, you can very easily find where to go. It was not really inconvenient at all.

If in Beckley again, I will most definitely stay at this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Lisa W, I have just read your comments on Trip Advisor and would like to thank you for commenting on Trip Advisor, guest use the social media more each day to book rooms so thank you. I see that you stayed in a smoking room and would like to thank you about your comments as to the smell. I have the housekeeping staff open the vacant rooms daily and spray them with air freshner so to hear someone say it was ok is a huge compliment, and that they are doing a great job. I also saw that you have read previous comments about our hotel, we are in the process of getting a new canopy and I apologize for the inconvenience and we will be getting an elevator in the Spring. Thank you for your comments about the hot breakfast and the staff I appreciate that you chose to stay with us and hope that you will return. Thank you
Apex, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We were diverted to this place when another lost our reservation. Rooms were clean and staff were very pleasant always with a kind word. Breakfast was well stocked. Front exterior entryway was under rennovation, but alternate entrance was clearly marked and easy to manuever. Good location near food (Cracker Barrel), gas, but not directly on the main drag. Overall good experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear ncga2r, I read your comments to Trip Advisor about your recent stay at my Comfort Inn, I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment to Trip Advisor, we have a lot of guest that tell us they look at Trip Advisor when making reservations for a hotel. We have a saying at the hotel and that is smile expecting nothing in return, I am very happy to hear that the employees are doing this. It is so nice to read good comments and to know that we are doing a good job. We are doing alot of renovating the new canopy is just one step we are going to have an elevator put in next, great things are happening here.Thank you for staying with us and hope that if you are in Beckley again you will stay.
Lexington, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel after a day of snow skiing & tubing. We checked in late, but this was not a problem. We found parking fairly close to the temporary entrance since they are remodeling the front entrance. This change was very well marked so this did not cause any confusion. The front desk attendent was very nice & cheerful even though she had a slight problem with the computer for our check-in. Our room was clean, nicely warm (it was cold outside) & comfortable. The heat/air controls were easy to adjust & allowed the heat/air to come on as needed to maintain one's chosen temperature, not run constantly as in most hotels. The beds slept good. (I was a little disappointed with the small pillows, just a personal preference, not a real problem.) My husband had a little trouble with the tv remote, so he called the front desk, & she came immediately to check on it. One factor in choosing this hotel over another at this highway exit was the bigger breakfast choices. The breakfast was good, in addition to the standard hotel breakfast items they had fresh fruit, yogurt, hot scrambled eggs & sausages. They also had 2 waffle machines which speeds things along when several people are wanting waffles. The breakfast staff ladies were very friendly & cheery, in addition to keeping the food replenished, they were wiping the tables as guests left (something you don't always see happening). One improvement they could make to their breakfast is to have a microwave to heat the pastries. As we left our room to check out we were cheerfully spoken to by a member of the housekeeping staff. Don't know if we'll ever need a hotel in this area again, but we would definitely stay here again if we did.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Donna Y I read your comments to Trip Advisor and would like to thank you first for taking the time to comment to Trip Advisor, when guests comment and other potential guest see that they stay with us. I feel I have a great staff and we have a saying here and that is, smile at everyone expecting nothing in return. The ladies in breakfast are a strong part of my staff they are always willing to help and I will pass along your compliments to everyone. I am trying to find counter space for a microwave in the breakfast room and thank you for giving me your feedback. I do hope that if you are in Beckley again you will stop and stay with us. Thank you so much Beckley GM
florence ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel as we were passing through the area. The front is being remodeled so you have to enter through the back but it was marked well so we knew where to go. The room was clean and had comfortable beds. It's not fancy but it was a great value. Check-in and check-out was easy and the staff was friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear LiaFlorence, I would like to thank you for taking the time to place a comment on Trip Advisor. The feedback that we recieve from Trip Advisor and our independant web site helps us to strive to give outstanding service. I am sorry for the inconvenience that you had because of the remodel of our front canopy. We are excited to see the new front as well as we will be adding an elevator. Thank you for staying with us and hope if you are in our area again in a few months you will stop by and see the new look. Thank you again for your comments.

Been to Comfort Inn Beckley? Share your experiences!