“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Beckley
Pensacola, Florida
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel is in a convenient location. Near the interstate, but far enough away so there is no noise. We had the king bed, smoking room since I was traveling with a friend who smokes. I do not smoke and I have noticed that usually in the Choice Hotels if you request a smoking room, they are disgusting. This is not the case here! There was no smell of smoke at all in the room. The room was very clean and it had a fresh, clean smell. Also, loved the spacious room size too.

I read other reviews about the hotel needing renovating but our room must have already been updated. The decor was fine and the furniture was nice and clean. I would rank this hotel as one of the very best Choice Hotels I have stayed in. We were gold members last year and platinum this year so we stay in our share of this chains hotels.

I highly recommend this hotel for a great value! I have paid more for much less. Also, the staff was very friendly. Typical breakfast but friendly staff make it enjoyable.

Btw, previous comments about the remodel of the front making it difficult to check in is ridiculous! If you can read, you can very easily find where to go. It was not really inconvenient at all.

If in Beckley again, I will most definitely stay at this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Lisa W, I have just read your comments on Trip Advisor and would like to thank you for commenting on Trip Advisor, guest use the social media more each day to book rooms so thank you. I see that you stayed in a smoking room and would like to thank you about your comments as to the smell. I have the housekeeping staff open the vacant rooms daily and spray them with air freshner so to hear someone say it was ok is a huge compliment, and that they are doing a great job. I also saw that you have read previous comments about our hotel, we are in the process of getting a new canopy and I apologize for the inconvenience and we will be getting an elevator in the Spring. Thank you for your comments about the hot breakfast and the staff I appreciate that you chose to stay with us and hope that you will return. Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Apex, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We were diverted to this place when another lost our reservation. Rooms were clean and staff were very pleasant always with a kind word. Breakfast was well stocked. Front exterior entryway was under rennovation, but alternate entrance was clearly marked and easy to manuever. Good location near food (Cracker Barrel), gas, but not directly on the main drag. Overall good experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear ncga2r, I read your comments to Trip Advisor about your recent stay at my Comfort Inn, I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment to Trip Advisor, we have a lot of guest that tell us they look at Trip Advisor when making reservations for a hotel. We have a saying at the hotel and that is smile expecting nothing in return, I am very happy to hear that the employees are doing this. It is so nice to read good comments and to know that we are doing a good job. We are doing alot of renovating the new canopy is just one step we are going to have an elevator put in next, great things are happening here.Thank you for staying with us and hope that if you are in Beckley again you will stay.
Lexington, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel after a day of snow skiing & tubing. We checked in late, but this was not a problem. We found parking fairly close to the temporary entrance since they are remodeling the front entrance. This change was very well marked so this did not cause any confusion. The front desk attendent was very nice & cheerful even though she had a slight problem with the computer for our check-in. Our room was clean, nicely warm (it was cold outside) & comfortable. The heat/air controls were easy to adjust & allowed the heat/air to come on as needed to maintain one's chosen temperature, not run constantly as in most hotels. The beds slept good. (I was a little disappointed with the small pillows, just a personal preference, not a real problem.) My husband had a little trouble with the tv remote, so he called the front desk, & she came immediately to check on it. One factor in choosing this hotel over another at this highway exit was the bigger breakfast choices. The breakfast was good, in addition to the standard hotel breakfast items they had fresh fruit, yogurt, hot scrambled eggs & sausages. They also had 2 waffle machines which speeds things along when several people are wanting waffles. The breakfast staff ladies were very friendly & cheery, in addition to keeping the food replenished, they were wiping the tables as guests left (something you don't always see happening). One improvement they could make to their breakfast is to have a microwave to heat the pastries. As we left our room to check out we were cheerfully spoken to by a member of the housekeeping staff. Don't know if we'll ever need a hotel in this area again, but we would definitely stay here again if we did.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Donna Y I read your comments to Trip Advisor and would like to thank you first for taking the time to comment to Trip Advisor, when guests comment and other potential guest see that they stay with us. I feel I have a great staff and we have a saying here and that is, smile at everyone expecting nothing in return. The ladies in breakfast are a strong part of my staff they are always willing to help and I will pass along your compliments to everyone. I am trying to find counter space for a microwave in the breakfast room and thank you for giving me your feedback. I do hope that if you are in Beckley again you will stop and stay with us. Thank you so much Beckley GM
florence ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel as we were passing through the area. The front is being remodeled so you have to enter through the back but it was marked well so we knew where to go. The room was clean and had comfortable beds. It's not fancy but it was a great value. Check-in and check-out was easy and the staff was friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear LiaFlorence, I would like to thank you for taking the time to place a comment on Trip Advisor. The feedback that we recieve from Trip Advisor and our independant web site helps us to strive to give outstanding service. I am sorry for the inconvenience that you had because of the remodel of our front canopy. We are excited to see the new front as well as we will be adding an elevator. Thank you for staying with us and hope if you are in our area again in a few months you will stop by and see the new look. Thank you again for your comments.
Gastonia, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located off the interstate, but far enough away to not have the road noise. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfy. I especially loved the blanket on the bed...call me crazy, but it felt like one from home. The breakfast is average, but that is not intended to be a negative...it has everything that you would expect...waffle station, cereal, bagels muffins, fresh fruit, yogurt, scrambled eggs and sausage. The breakfast staff were extremely friendly and a delight to visit with and deserve a 5 star rating.

The hotel accommodated a youth group of 17 people very kindly, and I'm sure we will stay there next year (as we do every year). The hotel is close to a Wendy's, which is a necessity when traveling with teenagers.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear 40somethingsplus1, I read your comments on Trip Advisor and would like to thank you for taking the time to add a comment to Trip Advisor and to thank you for your kind words about your stay at the hotel. I appreciate your comments and any feedback from guests that I can get. I will pass along the comments to the staff and to breakfast. I hope that if you are back in Beckley again you will stop and stay with us. Thank you again.
Niceville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Comfort Inns are our usual choice on very long road trips. The Sunday-night price at this one was great at $70. The stay was memorable. After the minor inconvenience of finding the 'temporary entrance' on our late evening arrival, the friendly desk-clerk got us to our rooms in short order. After a comfortable night, we were welcomed at breakfast by a really special breakfast hostess. Her bright smiles and interest in pleasing her guests made me take notice. This lady quietly got everyone through a hot breakfast, and then wished each a "great day" with a genuine smile. Southern hospitality personified! I didn't catch her name...but we'll be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Good morning Barbara H, I have just read your comments to Trip Advisor about your stay at the Comfort Inn, thank you for the wonderful comments. I am sorry for the inconvenience of our canopy being replaced, we are so excited about replacing the old one, and the great new look we will have when it is finished. Thank you for your comments about the staff we try to make everyone feel welcome here and when I get to read about it I know we are on the right path. I will pass your comments along to everyone and look forward to a return visit. Thank you and have a great day. Beckley GM
Key Largo, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stopped here on my way to Charleston SC. The front of the hotel was under construction which made it challenging to find the lobby. The temporary entrance to the lobby was next to where the staff take their smoking breaks. As one of the other reviewers said, they need to find another place for them to smoke. The room was clean and comfortable and the frig had a freezer section, which is becoming rarer and rarer in in-room refrigerators. Breakfast was the typical fare and had limited fresh fruit. Doesn't any hotel provide bananas for breakfast anymore? The Tamarack is close by and well worth a visit if only to walk around and admire the artisans. I chose this Comfort Inn over the one near Fayetteville; the price differential was worth it and paid for dinner at one of the many nearby restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear uniguesunnytraveler, I read your comments to Trip Advisor about your stay with us, first let me thank you for staying with us and for commenting on Trip Advisor. I am so sorry for the inconvenience of our front entrance being closed, we are trying to build a new canopy while business is slow. I was surprised to see your comments about there not being bananas on my breakfast bar, we offer oranges, apples and bananas. Next time you are in Beckley please stay with us again. Thank you again for staying with us and thank you for your comments. Beckley GM

Been to Comfort Inn Beckley? Share your experiences!