“Nice place to stay for Beckley area” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Beaver
Morgantown, WV
“Nice place to stay for Beckley area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I stayed here for one night while visiting the Beckley area. The hotel is easy to get to from I-64. There's not much in the line of food options right by the hotel, but most of your standard fast food options are available about 2 miles south along US 19.

The hotel was pretty recently renovated and in good shape. The staff was courteous. The hotel Internet was fast, which was nice to see. I'd stay again if I need a room in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Geraldine H, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for commenting on our recent renovations. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to serving you in the future! Geraldine H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My wife and I have passed this Sleep Inn countless times and have stayed at a lot of hotels in Beckley, but this past weekend (Friday 7/19 to Sunday 7/20) we stayed at this Sleep Inn. Prior to arriving at this Sleep Inn, I made it a point to review it on Trip Advisor to see what other guests had to say about their experiences and was impressed by what I read, so we decided to take a chance. We are sure glad we did, as we weren't disappointed in this hotel or it's front desk personal. The young lady who checked us in was very gracious and accommodating. I don't know her name other than the following on my receipt (mtaylo), but after informing me of our assigned room on the second floor, I asked if it was possible to get a 1st floor room, as my wife had total knee replacement surgery a few months back and is due to have the other done, and stairs are very difficult for her. She immediately checked was able to give us a 1st floor room (#106) - This is what "Customer Service" is all about. Once we got to our room, we had smiles on our faces as we were very pleased at how nice the room was, very clean and we knew we had made the right choice in reserving this room. Even the lady that freshen up our room, did a great job. We are so impressed with this gem we have found, I just booked (Advanced Prepaid Reservation) another stay the last weekend of August. Hope to get room #106 again. Folks, if you are visiting Beckley, WV do yourself a favor and stay here, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Geraldine H, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for the kind words of praise! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you again on your next trip to the area! Geraldine H Office Manager
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were just in the area for 1 night, and this was a great stop. Hotel was big and comfortable. Rooms were clean and nicely decorated. Bed was comfortable and linens were very good. Staff was very helpful and super friendly. Breakfast was good. Overall, a great stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Geraldine H, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for your words of praise about our hotel. I appreciate the comments and will pass them along to our staff. Hope to see you again! Geraldine H Office Manager
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I got this hotel through hotwire for one night traveling back home from the beach. The price was right - but I definitely paid for it in the end because the mattresses were so soft and uncomfortable. I am usually very careful about where I stay so I won't hurt my hip/back which sometimes give me problems. I was find until this stay. Other than that, the hotel was clean with a very nice room layout. The breakfast was pretty good as well. If you don't mind soft mattresses, I would recommend it, but if not, I would stay away.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments on the hotel's cleanliness and the breakfast. Sorry that our mattresses was to soft for you. Thank you Geraldine H Office Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Made my reservations online and booked 2 rooms. I then called the hotel directly to make sure that the rooms were next to each other. The front desk was very kind and accommodating. Upon arrival,we had no trouble finding a parking in their well lit lot and checked in super quick. The only downside is that there are no elevators so we had to carry our luggage up a flight of stairs. It was not a problem for me, but I was traveling with someone who has bad knees. My traveling companions were a little irritated.The room was clean and comfortable. It felt a little humid when we first walked in but once the air (noisy) kicked in it was fine. The bathroom has a stand up shower only (no tub).The room had a nice size mini fridge and microwave. The beds were really comfortable and the room had a nice modern feel and was very clean. Although I only drink coffee in the morning, breakfast is included in your stay.

• Stayed June 2014
Geraldine H, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
On behalf of our staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive you kind words of praise. See you again on your next trip to Beaver WV! Geraldine H Office Manager
Guelph, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stopped here on a family road trip. This place has a small town feel....they try pretty hard, but sort of fall short.
The staff was OUTSTANDING. The front desk, cleaning staff and breakfast room attendant were extremely kind and enthusiastically friendly with our children.
BUT....the rooms are very small, there's no real soundproofing (I heard employees walking and talking in the halls through the night, and it's just a little worn and uncomfortable. Breakfast was not great, but certainly nice to have, so it's hard to really complain...
Overall, I would stay again if I was in the same situation because the price was great and it was convenient for our travels, but I would neither go out of my way to go back, nor would I suggest that other travellers should.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Geraldine H, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for your comments about our staff! Sorry we fell short in meeting your expectation on the size of the rooms. Thank you Geraldine Office Manager
Fayetteville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This hotel is excellent! Friendly staff, incredibly clean rooms that are decorated in a minimal/modern, but comfy design. The breakfast was delicious. This stay was way beyond my expectation. I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone looking for a great room at a fantastic price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Karen L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for commenting on our recent renovations and the friendliness of our staff. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to serving you in the future! Geraldine Hornsby Office Manager

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!