“Surprisingly Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Beaver
“Surprisingly Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Made my reservations online and booked 2 rooms. I then called the hotel directly to make sure that the rooms were next to each other. The front desk was very kind and accommodating. Upon arrival,we had no trouble finding a parking in their well lit lot and checked in super quick. The only downside is that there are no elevators so we had to carry our luggage up a flight of stairs. It was not a problem for me, but I was traveling with someone who has bad knees. My traveling companions were a little irritated.The room was clean and comfortable. It felt a little humid when we first walked in but once the air (noisy) kicked in it was fine. The bathroom has a stand up shower only (no tub).The room had a nice size mini fridge and microwave. The beds were really comfortable and the room had a nice modern feel and was very clean. Although I only drink coffee in the morning, breakfast is included in your stay.

• Stayed June 2014
Geraldine H, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
On behalf of our staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive you kind words of praise. See you again on your next trip to Beaver WV! Geraldine H Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Guelph, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stopped here on a family road trip. This place has a small town feel....they try pretty hard, but sort of fall short.
The staff was OUTSTANDING. The front desk, cleaning staff and breakfast room attendant were extremely kind and enthusiastically friendly with our children.
BUT....the rooms are very small, there's no real soundproofing (I heard employees walking and talking in the halls through the night, and it's just a little worn and uncomfortable. Breakfast was not great, but certainly nice to have, so it's hard to really complain...
Overall, I would stay again if I was in the same situation because the price was great and it was convenient for our travels, but I would neither go out of my way to go back, nor would I suggest that other travellers should.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Geraldine H, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for your comments about our staff! Sorry we fell short in meeting your expectation on the size of the rooms. Thank you Geraldine Office Manager
Fayetteville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This hotel is excellent! Friendly staff, incredibly clean rooms that are decorated in a minimal/modern, but comfy design. The breakfast was delicious. This stay was way beyond my expectation. I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone looking for a great room at a fantastic price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Karen L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for commenting on our recent renovations and the friendliness of our staff. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to serving you in the future! Geraldine Hornsby Office Manager
Manassas, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I had a nine hour drive and knew I didn't want to do it all in one night after a long day at work, so I booked a night at this Sleep Inn at the last minute the day before I left. I pulled off the highway at almost midnight and nearly missed the turn in. I had no idea what to expect of a hotel like this in what felt like the middle of nowhere, but I was impressed. For a very reasonable/inexpensive rate, the hotel was very nice and my stay included a basic continental breakfast. The lobby and room looked like they had recently been redone. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quite.

My only complaints are that the room was a bit humid, and the AC didn't seem to help much, and there was mold on the frame of the shower door.

I would definitely stay here again for a night just passing through.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Karen L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for your comments about your stay with us! We are very happy you enjoyed your room! We will use the comments you gave us to improve the service we provide to our guests. Please contact me so I can Thank you myself ! Hope to see you again! Geraldine Hornsby Office Manager
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed here for one night while on business in Beckley. the rate was great, the staff was super friendly. as choice members we were granted a 2 pm checkout (Wonderful, the prior sleep inn only gave us til noon). the breakfast was good, typical complimentary items plus biscuits and gravy. the room was clean, newly renovated and we slept well. the A/C unit was great, it had a much better thermostat than your typical hotel. the only thing to make sure of is to have the safe fee removed from the bill when you check out. would stay here again, would have rated it 5 star except that I save that for luxury type places. the price was great also.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Karen L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
So happy to hear you found our staff considerate and friendly. We strive to give every guest a great experience at our hotel. Thank you again ! Geraldine Hornsby Office Manager
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I travel to this area regular and I have stayed at this motel before but this time the rooms were so loud I had great difficulty sleeping.I would not not stay at this motel for any length of time ,the rooms were adequate but the bathroom tiny almost unable to turn around in.

Room Tip: Good location but priced higher than average related to no amenities
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Karen L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your saisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feeback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Sincerely
Geraldine Hornsby
Office Manager
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We decided to spend a weekend in southern West Virginia and picked this as our "overnight" sleeping choice. We really liked the layout of the hotel. Our bed was comfy and clean. The bathroom was a little different (sliding door to get in, deep corner shower, sink in the room) but the room served its purpose. We liked their breakfast option and the location near Beckley. Would stay again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Karen L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
I am so glad you enjoyed you stay with us! Hope to see you again in the future! Geraldine Hornsby Office Manager

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!