“1 Night - Worked out great!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Beaver
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“1 Night - Worked out great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We decided to spend a weekend in southern West Virginia and picked this as our "overnight" sleeping choice. We really liked the layout of the hotel. Our bed was comfy and clean. The bathroom was a little different (sliding door to get in, deep corner shower, sink in the room) but the room served its purpose. We liked their breakfast option and the location near Beckley. Would stay again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Karen L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
I am so glad you enjoyed you stay with us! Hope to see you again in the future! Geraldine Hornsby Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Wauconda, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

My review will be similar to many of the other positive reviews listed earlier. Yes, the bathroom is small, but adequate. Yes, the shower door allows water to run onto the floor, but the shower had hot water and good pressure. Anyone using the sink area adjacent to and open to the beds would disrupt anyone still trying to sleep or watch the TV.

The TV was large enough for the room (flat screen) and choice of channels was good. The desk area was ample but when someone used the chair it cut-off passage from one side of the room to the other. Although there was no "doored" closet, there was ample room to hand clothes on the wall rack next to the desk.

"Noise" drifting from room to room was worse than average. I could easily hear sounds emanating from the next room. The door to the room also seemed to allow noise to enter the room. However, during the night, all was quiet.

Breakfast was very average. The scrambled eggs were very dry and not very tasty (couldn't eat them). The sausages were just OK. The pastries were of a low quality.

Service was very good. The desk clerk was friendly both on check-in and check-out. Parking was convenient for the room I was in (109). The door leading to the parking lot seemed to remain unlocked all night which created a safety issue.

The location of the motel was convenient to the expressway and easy to find. As others noted, you had to travel a bit to find a selection of restaurants.

The room was very clean and very bright. Everything looked new and was done tastefully.

Room Tip: Since there is no elevator, choose your floor choice in advance.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for posting your comments about our staff and hotel. Geraldine Hornsby Office Manager
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We stopped over on a long drive on I-64. We had this hotel recommended by a local, and it was indeed very convenient, reasonably priced and comfortable. Easy access to New River Gorge - we went to Grandview in the evening, and then continued to the famous bridge in the morning. Great views!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Karen L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you again in the future!
windsor
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

our group of golfers stayed here on our annual golf trip, everything was very clean and the breakfast was great, they had us stay in the back are so we would not distube other guests, and this was great. very friendly staff

Room Tip: they have different parts to the hotel and have workers from the area staying there, if you ask for...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Karen L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for the kind words of praise! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you next year . Geraldine Hornsby Office Manager
Powhatan, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

(Pasted off my other review on the company web sight) I have stayed here a few times and don't know if I will again. I had a couple of concerns this trip and seem to always have a couple. I will say it was a quite nights sleep, And not a single bug, those were the good things.
The door in 209 looked like some one tried to break in. The safety lock was broken and door was damaged. When I took a shower I noticed every creavis on the shower door had black mold in it. That questioned the real cleanliness of the rest of the room I had just slept in.
I'm sure the back doors used to have an active card reader but they don't now allowing anyone to enter and stay in the stairwell... not a safe feeling.
Breakfast was a very clean area but really didn't enjoy the breakfast at all. For the price I think I will upgrade my stays for an extra 15 or so dollars.
I didn't tell anyone behind the desk for two reasons. Although the night person seemed VERY friendly the morning people behind the desk lacked. When checking out I had to stand and initiated the conversation and it was never asked how the stay was leading me to think they really didn't care anyway

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Karen L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
I am sorry that your stay was not up to your expectations but since your stay the issues have all been taken care of. Hope you will give us another chance.
Thank you Geraldine Hornsby Office Manager
dayton ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

All the hotels in Beckley were full when we came in, and so we had the option of heading back north to mount hope or east to this location. We chose here and are happy with results. It's not too far from Beckley and our route, the hotel is clean and has breakfast. Overall I recommend it for people traveling through Beckley when Beckley is full.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words of praise about our hotel. I appreciate the comments and will pass them along to our staff. Hope to see you again. Thank you agin Geraldine Hornsby Office Manager
Springfield, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We were drawn to this hotel passing thru the state due to the good reviews it received. We would have to agree. Though the hotel is a little 'tired', it has been recently updated. Rooms were very clean. Nice big shower. Super value. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
Karen L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
On behalf of our staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise. See you the next time you are in Beaver WV.

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!