“good value” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Beaver
Au Train, Michigan
“good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This hotel was hard to find, but once we got there, the room was a nice size and very clean. It did need a little "TLC", though...scuffed walls, chipped paint, etc. There was a typical continental breakfast and also laundry area for guests to use. Staff was very efficient and friendly. Coffee was great and available in the lobby at any time. A family pass to the local Y Center was offered, but we didn't use.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Karen L, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for responding to our on line survey i know every one is so busy these days
We are so glad you found our hotel to be a great value . we hope to see you again soon

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We like to stay at the Sleep Inn because it is convenient to Grandview National Park and Theatre West Virginia. The hotel was under renovation last year when we stayed. This year, it looks amazing! Nicely updated. The lobby is very contemporary. The breakfast is served in a room down the hall from the lobby, which is nice. When we arrived, we were greeted promptly and kindly. We discussed the renovation with the clerk and our room was originally not one of the renovated rooms, but I asked if there was one available and she checked and found one for us. It was also closer to breakfast!

If you want great service, good breakfast, good price, and a convenient location, stay here. Prepay your room online for an even better deal!

Room Tip: There is no elevator, but only 2 floors. If you don't like stairs or cannot climb stairs, ask f...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Karen L, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
We so appreciate your response to our survey, does'nt get any better that your great comment. Please visit us again. Enjoy the summer what is left.
Fort Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in an amazing location with amazing rooms with amazing service. I just love this place. The food offering at breakfast was great. Only one negative the key was deactived after one night but that quickly was fixed. Just overall great value and definitely will start staying at this chain.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you so much for responding to our on line survey i know how busy everyone is these days. We appreciate the great comments and i will share this review with our staff. The housekeeping does exceptional and this shows our hard work pays off. We love working in the hospitality business and making our guests comfortable is our pleasure. Please stop again and tell your friends about Sleep Inn , Beaver West Virginia.

Huntington, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Sleep Inn. The room was clean, quiet, comfortable. Everyone was very friendly, check in and check out was quick. The free breakfast was yummy, something for everyone. We liked the location, close to I-64. We drove down to the Mexican restaurant in Little Beaver for dinner. The food was great and only about 5 minutes away. I will be going back through that area later this month and I have already booked my room. The only thing that would have made it better for a family, a pool. I did not see a pool if they had one. I give this place a thumbs up !!! Rick and Paula

Room Tip: Our room was on the corner in the back area and we had a nice view of a pasture. Looking for wildli...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for selecting Sleep Inn as your Hotel Choice, and for the on line survey.
The staff here appreciates the feed back and it helps us to do a better job. We hope to see you again and we think your the guest of the day (THE BOMB).

Elkins, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Clean room. Good breakfast (don't get there late!). Interior recently remodeled and the shower is very cool but the one in our room leaked onto the bathroom floor. The rooms are really too small for two beds, the one by the window was less than 8 inches from the air conditioner. All in all, big bang for the buck.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for responding to our one line survey, i know we are all so busy and time is so valuable. I will be sharing your comments with our staff and we appreciate the great words of encouragement so often we don't hear alot of the good things so this is appreciated. Our staff and i hope to see you again at Sleep Inn , Beaver West Virginia.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is the first time I am staying in a Sleep Inn – so I was not sure what to expect. The location is either great or horrible depending on your point of view – just off the highway and very convenient – but nothing really around.

Checking in was a surreal experience. The greeting as I was entering in was very cold and unwelcoming. I could almost swear it was in the line of “what do you want?” but I don’t remember the exact wording. The attitude lifted a little as the receptionist discovered I had a reservation. She was too busy talking with what I assume is another employee (although he was out of uniform) complaining about being oversold. Things went south from there – I asked where are the elevators and was basically scolded that ”we don’t have an elevator and we use the stairs just over there” in a very condescending tone. Oh well, just saying we don’t have elevators would have been enough. My ChoiceRewards status (which means nothing I know) was not acknowledged.

I am ambivalent about the room. While the sleeping/working are was adequate size and functional, the bathroom was tiny. So tiny that it was smaller than my smallest closet I have at home. It only hold a shower and a toilet and that is that. The sink is outside the bathroom in the room. The room lacks any closets. The pillows were the softest I have had which was not conducive for good sleeping.

Breakfast was basically below average, even when considering the level of the hotel. Not much offering, nothing fresh and all seems to be coming from a bag in one form or another.

Checkout was much better than check-in. The receptionist (a different one) was courteous and pleasant to deal with.

With so many options in the area, I would probably not be back to this establishment despite the price difference.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Karen L, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
I am sorry you had a bad experience , but this definitely does'nt sound like our hotel. I hope that maybe it was another hotel. We pride ourselves in great customer service , it is high on the list of priorities. I definitely would like to follow up if you could find the time to call the Sleep Inn 304-255-4222. This kind of comment needs to be addressed and be sure i will be on it ASAP.

Chattanooga TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

This is an excellent hotel for the price. The rooms are small, but very well laid out. The rooms are very modern with lots of outlets, refrigerator, microwave, flat panel tv with a great selection of channels. The room was very very clean. Staff was exceptionally friendly and professional.

The only downside is the hotel is right now to a prison... The area feels very safe but being right next to a prison is a little spooky at first but the hotel is secure with all indoor entrances.

In the morning it was a super easy drive to the New River Overlooks. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Karen L, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
We appreciate you responding to our online survey. I am so glad you chose Sleep Inn Beaver, WV to give us the opportunity to have you as a loyal Choice. I will let our staff know that your stay was enjoyable.

Karen Lilly

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!