“Good sleep, clean room” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, Ontario
“Good sleep, clean room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Stayed here one night. We got in late so didn't spend a lot of time.
But the beds were comfortable, the room was spotless and the breakfast was good.
One suggestion for the front desk staff: we had 2 rooms reserved under my last name. Perhaps, when you see this, you could block them close to one another. We had only 1 vehicle and 1 room was in the main building and 1 room in the back building. Not the end of the world, but it was a little bit inconvenient at 11:30pm to try to organize getting everything out of our car, then moving around to the next building.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

In many ways a typical Sleep Inn...in other words not going to knock you over with luxury...HOWEVER...this Sleep Inn stands out above many others thanks to great customer service. The room was comfortable, quiet and clean (which went a long way since my stay at another hotel the week before)...facilities fine. As I saw in another review, this is a budget style interstate lodging but it's still a good choice. It isn't the most convenient to Beckley but not that far. Several nice restaurants in Beckley but there's an awesome Mexican restaurant right there in Beaver...very near the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I thought this was a great hotel over all. A few friends and I came up to beaver to go out to the new club Envy there for new years. The only thing I did not like was the third shift front desk lady, she looked very RUDE GOSH SMILE LADY!!!!! If looks could kill we would've been shot down. Lol! Other than that the heat did not really get hot it just blew out luke warm air. So it was kinda cold when you got out of the shower with there not being any heat in the bathroom. I didnt make it to breakfeast but i did enjoy the late sleep in because check out isn't untill 12pm.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Monroe, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

This Sleep Inn is a good place to stay the night while traveling. This is not a fancy place. It is budget-style interstate lodging. However, we enjoyed our stay here. There were several great things about this hotel.

1. The best shower of my life. The room had a stand up shower which was a one piece unit with a glass door. The shower head had the most pressure I had ever seen and it was such a hard stream that it was like getting a massage. The shower valve also made it very easy to control the water temp and get it just right. The water stream was so hard that it would have normally blown the shower curtain out but since there was no shower curtain this was not a problem. You could just let that shower head blow the heck out of you and not worry about getting water outside of the shower or not having the shower curtain cling to your body. It was great. I meant to ask them where they got that shower head. I have never had a shower like that. I would stay there again just for the shower. And my husband said the same thing.

2. The breakfast had really good doughnuts. These were fancy doughnuts like from Dunkin Doughnuts or Krispy Kreme. There were chocolate ones, red velvet, bear claws, and all other types of premium doughnuts. There was also the other usual stuff- cereals, yogurt, fruit, juices, etc.

3. The room was spartan but clean. And there was a refrigerator and micro which is always appreciated.

I would stay here again. Good bang for your buck. Not fancy, but doesn't need to be. Just a good night's sleep.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed 1 night. No issues to be concerned about. Reservations were easy. Check-in went smoothly.
The property seemed to cater to workers as there were alot of work trucks there. But there was no noise or partying going at the property.

I inspected the room and it seemed very clean for a midlevel hotel chain, we paid $89.00 for the night.
The only negative thing was the room was very hot when we checked in and even after running the ac all night, it never cooled down that much. We all noticed it was cooler in the hallway than in our room.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

I'll start this review with the good: The staff is excellent. They are some of the most professional, helpful staff at any hotel I have ever stayed at. They let our family check out late (we were rafting with Ace and wouldn't be back until about 1, although checkout is at 12). While I was staying there, the maids greeted me in the hallway and had conversations with us. Also, when I was taking the five suitcases down the stairs at checkout, we were stopped by three of the hotel staff members if we needed help. Another good thing is that the wifi is good (and free).

That, however, is where the good part of the hotel ends. The phone service is extremely poor. I did a phone dance all over the room to try and get at least one bar to call my friends back home. I was successful for one second, but my phone was subsequently dropped. It happened throughout the hotel, which apparently has spotty service.

The breakfast had less options than usual for Sleep Inns. There were no make-your-own waffles, just cereal, bagels, donuts and juice. As I am someone who stays at hotels for the breakfast (I will not stay unless there is a good continental breakfast), this was very disappointing to me.

As for the rooms, the beds were uncomfortable, the air conditioning was loud and not very consistent (it would run anywhere from 66 to 74 degrees throughout the night we were there). The toilets flush extremely loudly and stay running for a long time. This was especially aggravating.

In summary, the hospitality may be award-winning, but their smiles cannot win me over for the crappy rooms.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011 via mobile

After calling about a half dozen other hotels for rates, we came across the Sleep Inn in Beaver, WV. All of the other hotels were very short with us and did not convey any kind of "souther hospitality." As soon as Gearldene answered the phone, we felt appreciated. Even though we found one other hotel for a few dollars less, we chose the Sleep Inn because of the simple sense of appreciation and family. Staff and management were very accommodating of our two very young children by turning on cartoons during our breakfast and talking to them throughout our meal.

In closing, you can tell that these people "get it." During this vacation we've stayed at 3 different hotel brands. The amazing customer service even surpassed the Hilton we stayed at the night before. So if you're looking for a place to relax and feel genuinely valued as a person, look no further than the Sleep Inn in Beaver, WV.

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!