We booked our room but were told that we would have to leave 2 days prior to our actual required date...that we would have to find another hotel the last 2 days because they were sold out. I double checked when we confirmed the reservation the day of arrival and was told that there were no rooms for our last 2 nights in town.
Upon arriving (after getting lost as a result of the completely inaccurate google maps directions), we were greeted by the ONLY competent desk staff member (Mary). When we asked if there were rooms available for the last 2 days she checked and immediately said yes and changed our reservation dates. Inexplicable but we were delighted.
All went okay for the first 2 nights. Until our keys quit working. We have become very intimate with the creaky, slow elevator as we traverse 3-4 times a day from the 5th floor to the lobby to get new keys. The delightful maintenance person changed the batteries in our door. Still the keys don't work. We get a new set that works for ONE day. The front desk clerk seemed annoyed and was rude when I went for replacements. She rudely stated that "One of these has been deactivated and the other was only set for one day. Did you extend your stay?". This is the same person that MADE the keys the previous day. I am hopeful that after 3 elevator trips for keys today, they will work tomorrow too.
The cleanliness is average at best. The beds are sloppily made, but comfortable. This afternoon we came in to find some of our pillows piled up on the air conditioner. The towels are inadequate...I keep requesting extras and receive them (after a trip to the lobby) and am told that the cleaning staff will replace the towels they take so we don't have to keep coming downstairs for more. They randomly replace some but not all the towels. Sometimes they replace the soap...sometimes they replace the shampoo...some days no.
The "Continental Breakfast" is the smallest continental breakfast I've seen. Muffins, danishes (all very gooey and sweet) and poor quality fruit.
The water pressure is poor.
The water tastes awful and therefor so does the coffee.
The walls are thin and I can hear the neighbors as well as the children running up and down the hall screaming at 7:30 in the morning...and we are in the far corner.
The internet connection sucks. Sometimes it works. It does not work on iPad or the iPhone on the 5th floor but does on the 3rd floor. Technical support is not particularly supportive.
On the bright side, they have a fantastic fitness center.
I would stay here again only if the Town Place Suites down the road is unavailable...it's not as bad as the Best Western, the decor is pretty, just don't expect service unless you encounter Mary or the Maintenance man.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barboursville hotel is conveniently located between Huntington and Charleston. Welcome to the new Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Barboursville. Our hotel is located right off I-64, just 10 minutes from Huntington and a half-hour from Charleston. Families can enjoy visiting a variety of popular attractions near our hotel. Barboursville, West Virginia offers a charming downtown district with many specialty shops and restaurants, and is home to the largest shopping center in West Virginia, the Huntington Mall. Other attractions within 10 miles of our hotel include the Museum of Radio and Technology, New River Train Excursions, the Big Sandy Superstore Arena and Marshall University.If you're traveling on business to Barboursville, our hotel offers close proximity to area businesses. Within 10 miles of our hotel in Barboursville you'll find St. Mary's Hospital, BASF, CSX and Huntington Steel. Traveling is made easy during your stay because we proudly offer a complimentary shuttle to the HTS Tri-State Airport, located 25 miles away.Corporate travelers enjoy staying at our Barboursville, WV hotel because we offer high-speed Internet access, flexible meeting space and a 24-hour business center to keep guests connected while on the road. Other first-rate amenities include a heated, indoor pool with a hot tub, a fitness center and an on-site restaurant. Discover premium hotel facilities and affordable rates at the Holiday Inn Barboursville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Barboursville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Barboursville Hotel Barboursville
- Barboursville Holiday Inn