I am writing you this comment and any others who read this about the most disheartening experience me and my family had at the barboursville wv route 60 holiday inn from 1/16 till 1/20. I and my family and any one i talk to WILL NEVER stay at that facility again.My home was burnt and my mother my boyfriend and 5 kids were displaced, lost everything and had only the clothes on out back when we arrived at your facility. On the second night we were there they moved moved us to a different room because of noise complaints I have 5 teenagers so I understood that living in hotel room wasn't easy and the kids may have been a little loud, both things just got worse after that. On Saturday and Sunday I returned to work and my boyfriend watched the kids, every night I was told that my kids have done something else wrong. On Sunday night my daughter that was 12 was told that she could no longer use computer without an adult and that's when I wanted to speak with management and they suggested that I spoke with them in The morning. So went and spoke with 2 different members of management about all the accusations against my family I was appalled about what they attempted to accuse us of. First off my girls were 12 and 14 boys 15 17 and 22 the girls were accused of stealing a candy dish that was proved on tape not to be them. They were accused of spilling nail polish in the pool, OUR HOUSE just burnt we didn't have any nail polish they accused of egging 2 different floors that was crazy we didn't have eggs. AGAIN WE LOST EVERYTHING. When I was talking to these so called members of management they then tried to say it was the people that was staying with us only one time my niece visited and had came over no apology when the security tape proved it wasn't my kids that stole the candy dish. At this point with everything I was going to I told them I would speak to my insurance company and i no linger wanted to stay another minute in their hotel cause they continued to say that all these unfortunate events didn't happen until we arrived in the facility. I work at a large hospital in the area that employs the largest amount of people in the area I know I didn't dress well when I was there because I had nothing. I believe my family and I were discriminated against due to The way we looked and kindness of different families bringing us clothes in trash bags. I felt like they viewed me and my family as white trash that wouldn't be able to afford to be there and was only there due to my insurance paying for us to stay there. People were donating us clothes in plastic bags and I feel they thought were were trash but without those donations my kids would not have been able to go back to school. So this was our experience after the tragedy of our house burning down and us losing everything. I have always tried to stay with holiday inn when I travel because I do work everyday make decent money to support my family and we do vacation, but will no longer stay with holiday inn again. I know a lot of people and word of mouth is a huge thing believe me this isn't the last u will hear about this. Thank you for ur time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barboursville hotel is conveniently located between Huntington and Charleston. Welcome to the new Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Barboursville. Our hotel is located right off I-64, just 10 minutes from Huntington and a half-hour from Charleston. Families can enjoy visiting a variety of popular attractions near our hotel. Barboursville, West Virginia offers a charming downtown district with many specialty shops and restaurants, and is home to the largest shopping center in West Virginia, the Huntington Mall. Other attractions within 10 miles of our hotel include the Museum of Radio and Technology, New River Train Excursions, the Big Sandy Superstore Arena and Marshall University.If you're traveling on business to Barboursville, our hotel offers close proximity to area businesses. Within 10 miles of our hotel in Barboursville you'll find St. Mary's Hospital, BASF, CSX and Huntington Steel. Traveling is made easy during your stay because we proudly offer a complimentary shuttle to the HTS Tri-State Airport, located 25 miles away.Corporate travelers enjoy staying at our Barboursville, WV hotel because we offer high-speed Internet access, flexible meeting space and a 24-hour business center to keep guests connected while on the road. Other first-rate amenities include a heated, indoor pool with a hot tub, a fitness center and an on-site restaurant. Discover premium hotel facilities and affordable rates at the Holiday Inn Barboursville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, BookIt.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Barboursville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Barboursville Hotel Barboursville
- Barboursville Holiday Inn