“Very rude was displaced from house fire my mother five kids and I and they acted as if we were white trash” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Barboursville

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Barboursville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I am writing you this comment and any others who read this about the most disheartening experience me and my family had at the barboursville wv route 60 holiday inn from 1/16 till 1/20. I and my family and any one i talk to WILL NEVER stay at that facility again.My home was burnt and my mother my boyfriend and 5 kids were displaced, lost everything and had only the clothes on out back when we arrived at your facility. On the second night we were there they moved moved us to a different room because of noise complaints I have 5 teenagers so I understood that living in hotel room wasn't easy and the kids may have been a little loud, both things just got worse after that. On Saturday and Sunday I returned to work and my boyfriend watched the kids, every night I was told that my kids have done something else wrong. On Sunday night my daughter that was 12 was told that she could no longer use computer without an adult and that's when I wanted to speak with management and they suggested that I spoke with them in The morning. So went and spoke with 2 different members of management about all the accusations against my family I was appalled about what they attempted to accuse us of. First off my girls were 12 and 14 boys 15 17 and 22 the girls were accused of stealing a candy dish that was proved on tape not to be them. They were accused of spilling nail polish in the pool, OUR HOUSE just burnt we didn't have any nail polish they accused of egging 2 different floors that was crazy we didn't have eggs. AGAIN WE LOST EVERYTHING. When I was talking to these so called members of management they then tried to say it was the people that was staying with us only one time my niece visited and had came over no apology when the security tape proved it wasn't my kids that stole the candy dish. At this point with everything I was going to I told them I would speak to my insurance company and i no linger wanted to stay another minute in their hotel cause they continued to say that all these unfortunate events didn't happen until we arrived in the facility. I work at a large hospital in the area that employs the largest amount of people in the area I know I didn't dress well when I was there because I had nothing. I believe my family and I were discriminated against due to The way we looked and kindness of different families bringing us clothes in trash bags. I felt like they viewed me and my family as white trash that wouldn't be able to afford to be there and was only there due to my insurance paying for us to stay there. People were donating us clothes in plastic bags and I feel they thought were were trash but without those donations my kids would not have been able to go back to school. So this was our experience after the tragedy of our house burning down and us losing everything. I have always tried to stay with holiday inn when I travel because I do work everyday make decent money to support my family and we do vacation, but will no longer stay with holiday inn again. I know a lot of people and word of mouth is a huge thing believe me this isn't the last u will hear about this. Thank you for ur time.

• Stayed January 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Barboursville, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Hopesthisworks,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service. For this reason, your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Marietta, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I arrived early afternoon for a 10 hour stay..motel sits on a steep hill but has ample parking for semi trucks..this is probably the newsest Holiday Inn I have stayed in ,it is huge and elegant ...I was welcomed by a very freindly girl and I was welcomed as a platnum member...price was under $100..lobby was beautiful. when I got to room I was impressed it was huge clean well lit ..this place was a step above most Holiday Inns...only thing I found that was not up to par was the bathtub..it did not drain well and appeared to be mold on the sealant between tub and walls and had unfinished drywall beside tub..not sure the story on the bathroom because the rest of the room was perfect...If I am back in the area I will stay here again..Its a beautiful place with really good people hopefully they will get issue with bath fixed..

Room Tip: top floor was nice and quiet ...ideal for a daysleeper..
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

we stayed here with our soccer tesm for Kohls cup championship. location is good but breakfast buffet is $8.99 a person for a usually free continental breakfast. couldnt get air to work right. beds hard. WORST VALUE EVER!

• Stayed November 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Barboursville, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear emt892,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us. I am happy that our location was suitable enough for your needs. As for the breakfast, free continental breakfast is offered at our Holiday Inn Express chains, I see that you have stayed in a Holiday Inn which is a full service hotel. They offer a variety of services and amenities such as full service restaurants and swimming pools. Every Holiday Inn hotel has a Restaurant, a relaxing Lounge and provides daily Room Service.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience the condition of the room may have caused during your stay. Rest assured, your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done once your travel takes you back to Barboursville, WV.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
pinehurst, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here 3 times and been pleased each time. The hotel is relatively new and a big step up from the average HIX. The lobby is large with great reading chairs near a small but nice bar. The rooms are quite nice, very well appointed and clean. Wifi works well and our only issue, a dead bulb, was promptly solved. It is also close to a wide range of restaurants and even a shopping mall. It is just an excellent stop if you are traveling on I-64. Price was reasonable.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice over a period of 4 years and it has been excellent both times. The rooms are clean and quiet and the staff is excellent. When we arrived this past weekend, it was in the evening and we needed a crib for our bab- the staff rushed it up to our room so we could get her to bed on time. We requested a fan (for noise) and they said that the one they had was being used so the maintenance man rushed to Wal-Mart and bought one and delivered it to us within 30 minutes! There are numerous food options nearby and the Barboursville park that is nearby is BEAUTIFUL (ask for directions from the desk). Great stay for family- breakfast was excellent and really reasonably priced.

Room Tip: We stayed in a King Executive Suite and it had 2 separate rooms with TVs in both- good option when t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ashland, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a girl's getaway weekend. Very nice rooms.Staff was great. We enjoyed the pool and the hot tub. Would highly reccomend the hotel for another stay. The WIFI was very nice. Clean and the housekeeping staff was also wonderful. Only problem was a wedding reception on Sat. that was a bit loud but ended before we needed to sleep.Breakfast was skimpy but many eateries nearby.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Yokosuka, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This hotel was PHENOMENAL! I stayed here for 6 days while in town for my 20th High School reunion and had zero problems. Any issues with cleanliness (as described in other reviews) that we encountered (bathroom) were taken care of immediately once we brought it to the attention of the hotel staff. The FREE wifi was OUTSTANDING! As a frequent traveler (who is also in the military) who stays in many different hotel chains, free wifi is NOT common. The rooms was cold (which was a necessity in JULY) and the noise from other rooms/hallway was NEVER heard - and our room was across from the elevator wait area. The hotel is 100% smoke free! I will ALWAYS stay here when in town visiting family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Barboursville? Share your experiences!