I stayed for one night while traveling and wow! This isn't your normal Holiday Inn... This place was huge. The entrance is a little tough to find but when you pull up, the entrance is like an airport. As soon as you walk in, you are greeted with open arms. There is a huge fish tank between the lobby and the elevators. The rooms were nice. We stayed in a double double but it was more bang for our buck. The ac worked great, beds were super comfy, the view was okay, and plenty of room to move around. My only complaint that can't be fixed is there are train tracks across the street and the trains blow their horns all night.
Go check out Fat Patties restaurant down the street. It's a Marshall University staple that opened a new store in Barboursville. Best burgers you will ever have. You are close to the mall and plenty of other restaurants if you aren't a burger person. You are about 10 minutes from Huntington, WV and about 30 to 45 away from Charleston, WV. Go Herd!
This is by far a gem of a hotel. I WILL stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barboursville hotel is conveniently located between Huntington and Charleston. Welcome to the new Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Barboursville. Our hotel is located right off I-64, just 10 minutes from Huntington and a half-hour from Charleston. Families can enjoy visiting a variety of popular attractions near our hotel. Barboursville, West Virginia offers a charming downtown district with many specialty shops and restaurants, and is home to the largest shopping center in West Virginia, the Huntington Mall. Other attractions within 10 miles of our hotel include the Museum of Radio and Technology, New River Train Excursions, the Big Sandy Superstore Arena and Marshall University.If you're traveling on business to Barboursville, our hotel offers close proximity to area businesses. Within 10 miles of our hotel in Barboursville you'll find St. Mary's Hospital, BASF, CSX and Huntington Steel. Traveling is made easy during your stay because we proudly offer a complimentary shuttle to the HTS Tri-State Airport, located 25 miles away.Corporate travelers enjoy staying at our Barboursville, WV hotel because we offer high-speed Internet access, flexible meeting space and a 24-hour business center to keep guests connected while on the road. Other first-rate amenities include a heated, indoor pool with a hot tub, a fitness center and an on-site restaurant. Discover premium hotel facilities and affordable rates at the Holiday Inn Barboursville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Barboursville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Barboursville Hotel Barboursville
- Barboursville Holiday Inn