“2 night stay” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Barboursville
“2 night stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights I have no complaints. The room was clean and large the bathroom was nice breakfast room was large and served a decent breakfast. Housekeeping was really nice they always stopped and said hi even I f you passed them 5 times a day. I will say there's no elevator and even though I stayed on the first floor; rm 136 my room was a haul from the doors so I can imagine if my room was on the second floor how inconvient the walk would be with luggage. They have a laundry but nowhere to fold or a table to put anything on. I didn't get to the pool. Overall n ot a bad place. The strip club a few doors away left a lot to be desired but that's git nothing to with the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
DMS5800, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Huntington Mall Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Glad you enjoyed your stay - hope to see you again soon.

Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Graham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have stayed here several times while visiting relatives. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. They are very pet friendly and you are liable to meet many new furry friends. It is an older hotel and could use a little re-vamping the hallways have a bit of a lingering smell from ancient cigarette smoke, the hallway carpet could be replaced. Have never noticed it inside the rooms. All in all a decent palce to stay for the price. also right next tothe interstate and Huntington Mall. Lots of dining choices.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for the great review!

I agree about the hall carpeting - it is scheduled to be replaced this winter.

Burke, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

clean quiet experience, no WiFi, beyond of sound of the highway, breakfast OK with boiled eggs, fresh waffles, cereal, biscuits n gravy, muffins coffee, 3 juices, fruits, many choices for meals nearby.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We do offer Free internet access - I sorry you could not connect.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Nice location - easy on and off - nice breakfast. The front desk staff was very helpful at check in. I cant really say I have any complaints - the beds were comfortable to sleep on. Sorry I am filling space because they require us to write 200 Characters for the review. Got to love Trip advisor and their silly rules

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for taking the time to write those 200 nice words about our hotel.

Come back soon.

Stafford, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was returning from Kentucky and realized that I would need a place to stop overnight. I looked up available Best Western facilities in the area of Charleston, WV and found three. I booked a room with the Barboursville location. The facility is clean and comfortable. Have one negative - I asked for a room close to the lobby as I cannot walk long distances and was put in a room at the end of the hallway next to an exterior door. Thankfully there were only twenty rooms in the hall (10 each side). I would consider staying here again if I find myself in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us!

Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The Best Western Inn was fine. The bed was very comfortable as were the pillows. Again, I wish these budget hotels would splurge on bath towels that actually soak up the water instead of the skimpy crappy kind, but... Overall good deal. Not too close to Marshall University, you have to get on the highway to get there, but not too far either. Seeing what else was near Marshall, this was probably as close as it gets.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank for letting me know about the towels I bed the laundry staff are drying them on too hot a temp. I'll make check on it.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stopped here because I found a coupon in a Hotels Coupon book, I looked up reviews and it didn't look too bad. I would have been disappointed paying the full price of the room, that night was $89 I think. We had a coupon for $65. Which is closer to what they should charge for rooms here. I wasn't too impressed with the hotel, but not too disappointed either. Our room was average at best. There are some nice restaurants within walking distance. The gal at the front desk check in was very nice even though she was crazy busy. They do not have a elevator, which doesn't bother us since we use steps even if there is a elevator, but I know this bothers some customers. Breakfast was OK.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DMS5800, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Huntington Mall Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We will be upgrading our guest room baths this winter with new fixtures that I think will change the entire feel of the room. I hope you will return again and let me know your thoughts.

Michael

Been to BEST WESTERN Huntington Mall Inn? Share your experiences!