“Very nice property” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
St. Louis, MO, USA
“Very nice property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Better than most Best Westerns. Very nice property. Lobby and rooms exceeded our expectations. Very clean and well maintained. Breakfast was pretty good although limited options. Very friendly staff. A bit away from Huntington. Great rate. I recommend this hotel for sure!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Jason T, Manager at BEST WESTERN Huntington Mall Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thanks for the great review! Come back and see us again.

-Jason

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed here the past weekend for the funeral for my step-brother. As the Director of Sales for another hotel, I look for certain qualities when I am staying in a hotel. I have to say from the front desk staff to the front desk manager and housekeeping, this is a gem in the heart of Barboursville. I appreciate everything from the unprecedented early check-in to the abrupt extension of my stay due to arrangements not being finalized in the family. Thank you for everything.

Room Tip: loved room 114. Quiet and close to the lobby.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Jason T, Manager at BEST WESTERN Huntington Mall Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Please accept my sympathies for your loss. It was our sincere pleasure to serve you. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope you will come and see us again.

Jason
Port Clinton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed here the past weekend as we werein town for a funeral. Hotel aand room were clean and surprisingly quiet as it seemed like it was a full house both Friday and Saturday. Very conveniently located to restaurants, shopping etc. Front desk staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
tps25701, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Huntington Mall Inn, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Please accept my sympathies for your loss, I am honored that you selected the Best Western to provide your lodging during this sad time.

Thank you for the great review I hope you visit again soon for pleasure and enjoy some of the many attractions nearby.

Barboursville, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I'm writing this right now as I'm staying in the room. My family and myself are spending one night in this Best Western and will never spend another night ever again over this experience! We got to our room found potatoe chips in the floor no biggie small mess we cleaned it up, but then found a pill in the floor called Mylan 810, then my 5 yr. old found a piece of glass by the door after it cut her finger slightly. I went to front desk to report the problem was asked if I would like another room but as late as it was told them it was bedtime and forget about it but a simple sorry for want happen would have stopped me from writing a bad review.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

tps25701, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Huntington Mall Inn, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
First, I would like to apologize for the poor service you received from our desk agent and for our housekeeping staff dropping the ball. As the many of the other reviews attest, poor cleanness is not normally a problem at our hotel.

I will post your review for all the staff to read and review our service standards and procedures with both the front and housekeeping departments.

Is there something I can do to help make up for your experience?

Michael@HWhotels.com
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Nice comfortable place centrally located, near shopping and restaurants. Great value, clean well kept facility. Huntington Mall is just up the street and it is easily accessable to I64 W. I'd stay here again on a long or short time basis.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are more easily accessable and quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank your for the Great review!

Come back again soon.

Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Something in the water pipes or the shower massager was misbehaving the night we were there. In our room and in at least one other, taking a shower set up a racket that was sufficient to wake the whole hotel. The desk clerk staff was very friendly, our room was clean, well-maintained and comfortable. It was easy to find and within walking distance of an Outback restaurant, where we had a good meal. Getting online was easy, and our breakfast was good, with a variety of offerings.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for selecting our hotel and the good review!

Hope to have you as a guest again soon.

Dusseldorf, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel is typical Best Western. It's not exciting, it's not spectacular, but it's comfortable and predictable. It was good value for the money and a convenient location on the freeway. The free breakfast had a waffle maker, which really hit the spot. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. It was fine for our one night stay, but not somewhere I'd want to spend a lot of time. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Get a room towards the inside or the 60 side for a quieter night.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
tps25701, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Huntington Mall Inn, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for the GREAT review!
Our goal is to provide quality accomodations that are an excellent value.

Hope to have you as a guest again soon.

Michael

Been to BEST WESTERN Huntington Mall Inn? Share your experiences!