“Like stepping back into the old west with modern comforts” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cherry Wood Bed Breakfast and Barn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Zillah
Cherry Wood Bed Breakfast and Barn
You added Cherry Wood Bed Breakfast and Barn to your Saves list
3271 Roza Drive, Zillah, WA 98953   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Zillah B&B and Inns
kirkland
“Like stepping back into the old west with modern comforts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is my second visit to Cherrywood. The B&B is nestled among vineyards and orchards. The teepees are a delight..spacious, with a comfortable bed, a fan, a small refrigerator appointed with supplies for s'mores around the campfire. We lay in the soaking tubs surrounded by candles, the moon, and stars. This is a working ranch and most of their horses are rescues....extra stars for that! Coffee is on at 7 and breakfast is at 9. The tables are outside, covered in linens and beautifully set. The meals was delicious and abundant from start to finish. The offer wine tasting by horseback for an additional fee. It is unique! A quick get away from the city, Cherrywood is tranquil, unique, and a lot of fun. The hosts are gracious and so kind and friendly. I will definitely o back.

Room Tip: Each teepee is decorated differently and they are all nice
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
HMB,CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Let me begin by saying this is not for everyone. If you enjoy waking up at the Mariott/Doubletree/Hyatt/Hilton and not being exactly sure where you are, because they are all the same and you know what to expect...then you may not enjoy this. If, on the other hand, you are looking for a break from the ordinary, where you step out of your TeepEee directly into fresh air and beautiful views of cherry orchards, distant mountains and valleys and some vineyards....where you are a guest and yet also an individual. where your sleep might briefly get disturbed once by a mustang-in-training (as opposed to a hotel room party or guests coming up the elevator, for example), you enjoy the open-air baths and showers (yes privacy is secured)then this could be the place for you! It is a working ranch and farm, the family is INCREDIBLY hoospitable, even recently in the face of some weather that risked damaging their very valuable crops they kept a chipper face on it.

The breakfast was wonderful, lunch salad during the wine ride delectable, the horse ride fantastic and I found they flexed when no one else showed up, I had an individual ride! BTW- the coffee was fantasic- I have no idea what the other reviewer could have meant unless they prefer McDonalds or something. Rich, deep, hot and delicious and out and ready by 7am every morning rain or shine!

Beautiful views over the valley, firepits stocked with wood, everythng super clean and wonderful.

And so what if you need to call or email your reservation (another complaint I saw)? Again, something only those who seek vanilla anonymity and lack of human connection might want- you get out what you put into life... is it SO hard to make a call or send an email? Then, please do stay at the Marriott so I can stay here....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

This B&B is so amazing and unique! There are 6 teepees to choose from, all very nicely appointed and very comfortable! The beds even have heated blankets. The outdoor soaking tubs are delightful and the various bath salts to choose from smelled delicious!

The multi-course breakfast was very gourmet and the hosts were thoughtful and gracious. This place is sort of like camping, but very posh! Our group brought all the fixin's for lunch and dinner and used the BBQs and fire pits to cook our food. There are also horse shoe pits near the teepees.

This is one of the nicest places that Eastern WA has to offer! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We booked this over 3 months ago, and as many other reviewers have mentioned, the booking was all informal and over email, with no official security deposit, etc. When we arrived the hostess said our reservation was actually for the night before. It took a while to finally get her to view the original email thread and admit she had scheduled us wrong. She kept insisting that in 11 years of hosting, she had never once made a mistake, but I get the impression she will go back to saying that again to people the very next day, pretending our incident never happened. When she finally realized she had double-booked our tee-pee, she wasn't very apologetic, even tho at this point she'd spent considerable time acting like she didn't believe us and we were stupid, and also seemed to just want to give the room to the other person even tho we were the first to arrive! I suspect this is just because the other person had booked two nights so in her mind he was more important. In any case, as ridiculously frustrating as it was to drive 3 hours from Seattle for this special evening which was ruined, if she had just apologized and offered us a free stay on a different night then I'd be waiting to write a potentially much better review about the place itself, but as it is I think our experience warrants a 1 star review.

The hostess seemed pretty oblivious and in a state of self-denial about having done anything wrong, and obviously her email and scheduling skills are poor. I agree with debmykar's review when stated, "Overall we got the impression that the owner does not really check on things and is riding on the impression that her place is awesome- but it really is more like the idea is great but without a skilled host it does not get there and would benefit from a professional hand to smooth the very rough edges.". Sounds like exactly the impression we got.

If you're still going to go here anyway, my biggest advice would be to double-check with Pepper, the hostess, to ENSURE that she has booked you on the right day. If you get the right day, and the weather is nice, you'll probably still be fine.

Room Tip: Double-confirm your reservation because it may be lost with their extremely informal booking style.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed here for two nights recently and it was absolutely wonderful. I've loved horses since I was a child, and eastern Washington is one of the most beautiful places on earth, so this was a perfect match for me. The teepees are indeed plush! Very comfortable and warm beds, a beautiful carpet, outdoor seating with incredible views and the most gracious hostesses on earth. The breakfasts are wonderful - great coffee is a must in my book and here it is limitless! Take an outdoor bath - it was an indescribably beautiful experience. I had had a very long and dusty day, the wind was blowing, but I took my bathrobe and towel down to the claw-foot tubs and had a gorgeous bath under the stars. If I could have taken a picture I would, but it's an experience that you absolutely must try. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting a unique, outdoors experience with a luxury/adventure component.

Room Tip: I stayed at the Lone Star, which is slightly more private than the other teepees, although they are...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Edmonds, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

What a fantastic experience! Horseback riding through beautiful vineyards and cherry orchards with stops at three wonderful wineries for tasting! The exquisite Tee Pees are a complete surprise and luxury for a wonderful night's sleep, with an outdoorsy adventure appeal. Waking up to a white table cloth breakfast outdoors is fabulous, and we had the best coffee we ever - the owner explained she does her own custom blend from several Starbucks blends. I would recommend it to any group of girls looking for a unique and fun experience or to a couple looking for some romance.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

I stayed at Cherry Wood for two nights with my husband in October. Pepper and Terry were incredibly friendly. The teepee was very nice, and the electric blanket it kept us warm at night when the temperate drops. The outdoor showers weren't so fun in the rain, but otherwise were fine and the water water got nice and hot. Breakfasts were great. You have to do the horseback ride winery tour. It was very fun, and you can tell just how much they really care about the horses (most have been rescued). Pepper had plates and utensils so that we could cook dinner over the fire, which was a nice touch.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Cherry Wood Bed Breakfast and Barn? Share your experiences!