“AMAZING AND UNIQUE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cherry Wood Bed Breakfast and Barn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Zillah
Cherry Wood Bed Breakfast and Barn
You added Cherry Wood Bed Breakfast and Barn to your Saves list
3271 Roza Drive, Zillah, WA 98953   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Zillah B&B and Inns
Seattle
“AMAZING AND UNIQUE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

This B&B is so amazing and unique! There are 6 teepees to choose from, all very nicely appointed and very comfortable! The beds even have heated blankets. The outdoor soaking tubs are delightful and the various bath salts to choose from smelled delicious!

The multi-course breakfast was very gourmet and the hosts were thoughtful and gracious. This place is sort of like camping, but very posh! Our group brought all the fixin's for lunch and dinner and used the BBQs and fire pits to cook our food. There are also horse shoe pits near the teepees.

This is one of the nicest places that Eastern WA has to offer! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We booked this over 3 months ago, and as many other reviewers have mentioned, the booking was all informal and over email, with no official security deposit, etc. When we arrived the hostess said our reservation was actually for the night before. It took a while to finally get her to view the original email thread and admit she had scheduled us wrong. She kept insisting that in 11 years of hosting, she had never once made a mistake, but I get the impression she will go back to saying that again to people the very next day, pretending our incident never happened. When she finally realized she had double-booked our tee-pee, she wasn't very apologetic, even tho at this point she'd spent considerable time acting like she didn't believe us and we were stupid, and also seemed to just want to give the room to the other person even tho we were the first to arrive! I suspect this is just because the other person had booked two nights so in her mind he was more important. In any case, as ridiculously frustrating as it was to drive 3 hours from Seattle for this special evening which was ruined, if she had just apologized and offered us a free stay on a different night then I'd be waiting to write a potentially much better review about the place itself, but as it is I think our experience warrants a 1 star review.

The hostess seemed pretty oblivious and in a state of self-denial about having done anything wrong, and obviously her email and scheduling skills are poor. I agree with debmykar's review when stated, "Overall we got the impression that the owner does not really check on things and is riding on the impression that her place is awesome- but it really is more like the idea is great but without a skilled host it does not get there and would benefit from a professional hand to smooth the very rough edges.". Sounds like exactly the impression we got.

If you're still going to go here anyway, my biggest advice would be to double-check with Pepper, the hostess, to ENSURE that she has booked you on the right day. If you get the right day, and the weather is nice, you'll probably still be fine.

Room Tip: Double-confirm your reservation because it may be lost with their extremely informal booking style.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed here for two nights recently and it was absolutely wonderful. I've loved horses since I was a child, and eastern Washington is one of the most beautiful places on earth, so this was a perfect match for me. The teepees are indeed plush! Very comfortable and warm beds, a beautiful carpet, outdoor seating with incredible views and the most gracious hostesses on earth. The breakfasts are wonderful - great coffee is a must in my book and here it is limitless! Take an outdoor bath - it was an indescribably beautiful experience. I had had a very long and dusty day, the wind was blowing, but I took my bathrobe and towel down to the claw-foot tubs and had a gorgeous bath under the stars. If I could have taken a picture I would, but it's an experience that you absolutely must try. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting a unique, outdoors experience with a luxury/adventure component.

Room Tip: I stayed at the Lone Star, which is slightly more private than the other teepees, although they are...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Edmonds, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

What a fantastic experience! Horseback riding through beautiful vineyards and cherry orchards with stops at three wonderful wineries for tasting! The exquisite Tee Pees are a complete surprise and luxury for a wonderful night's sleep, with an outdoorsy adventure appeal. Waking up to a white table cloth breakfast outdoors is fabulous, and we had the best coffee we ever - the owner explained she does her own custom blend from several Starbucks blends. I would recommend it to any group of girls looking for a unique and fun experience or to a couple looking for some romance.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

I stayed at Cherry Wood for two nights with my husband in October. Pepper and Terry were incredibly friendly. The teepee was very nice, and the electric blanket it kept us warm at night when the temperate drops. The outdoor showers weren't so fun in the rain, but otherwise were fine and the water water got nice and hot. Breakfasts were great. You have to do the horseback ride winery tour. It was very fun, and you can tell just how much they really care about the horses (most have been rescued). Pepper had plates and utensils so that we could cook dinner over the fire, which was a nice touch.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Hands-down, our visit to Cherry Wood was one of our most fantastic travel experiences to date. The only thing more beautiful than the surroundings was the kindness of our hosts Pepper, Tiffany, Terry & Ryan.
My husband & I chose Cherry Wood for the horseback wine trail ride. We will return for the graciousness, beauty and hospitality.
We were assigned to the Lone Star teepee, which was well appointed with warm fleece robes, fresh, clean towels and bed linens, and additional blankets to keep warm. Yes, you're in a teepee but the microfridge, electric blankets and bedside lamps take the edge off of the rustic surroundings. We had stunning views of the mountains to keep us entertained while we enjoyed incredible breakfasts on white linen tablecloths with full service. The open-air showers were clean, roomy and simply delightful, especially under a full moon. After our day out on the trail (we visited 3 incredible wineries), we enjoyed a bonfire next to our teepee as well as a bottle of wine we purchased at one of our stops. The port-a-potty is what it is... BUT it is clean, pleasant and well lit.
Pepper and Co. could not have done more to make us feel welcome and comfortable. Our expectations were exceeded in every way imaginable. The love and respect that the Cherry Wood team has for the land and all of the animals that they care for is genuine and infectious! When we left, I felt as though we were saying goodbye to close friends.
Thank you to everyone @ Cherry Wood! We can't wait to see you again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Pepper and her family were great at accommodating our needs, specially when adding a 4th person at the last minute. Our tee-pee was very spacious, and the amenities were above and beyond what we expected. Even the terry robes and spare slippers were a nice touch. We also participated in the Horse Ride and we had a great time. Horses were gentle and easy to ride, the guides were friendly, informative and approachable/helpful during the ride. What about the food??? A-mazing, from home-made baked goods like cinnamon rolls and cream filled puff pastries to herbed eggs served with bacon and home fries. fresh fruit, coffee ready at 7AM, mimosas, and special attention to vegetarians, the food, service and details were incredible!I
It's helpful to know that all of Pepper's animals from the friendly dogs to the horses are all rescued, and she speaks about them with great passion and compassion. Please visit this amazing place, enjoy the views and support a great cause.
The only word of caution, note that Cherry Wood is located in the middle of lots of farms, as such, the sound of farm equipment and air poppers were constant. Funny how quickly I got used to it.

Room Tip: Book early and bring cash or check, they don't accept credit cards.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Cherry Wood Bed Breakfast and Barn? Share your experiences!