“Wonderful surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Yelm
Edmonton, Canada
“Wonderful surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Was driving around at 7:30pm without a place to stay for the night, thinking I would have to drive to Olympia to find something decent. Then I saw a couple of fast food places and thought I might as well get something to eat. As I was driving around to see what all was available, I noticed the sign for the Prairie Hotel and decide to check it out. The property seemed nice from the outside and the rate was reasonable, so I checked in without seeing the room. Wow, what a surprise! Fairly large room with a King bed, desk area, and huge shower with two showerheads (one high, one low). Very clean, and very pleasantly decorated. Due to the small town location, it was also very quiet. If I had made it to Olympia, I probably would have had to settle for a hotel/motel just off the freeway. As it was, I had a long but not too unreasonable drive to visit Mt. Rainier the next day.

Unfortunately, I can't think of any reason to Yelm, but I would definitely stay in the Prairie Hotel if I did.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

My family lives in Olympia, WA and picked Yelm, WA as the spot for our family reunion. I was defintely surprised when we showed up at the Prairie Hotel. The lobby was beautiful and the rooms are gorgeous. We used the conference facility to host the reunion and it went off with no problems. The conference room is beautifully designed and modern. The rooms were outstanding with pillowtop beds and 42" flat screen televisions. All the comforts you would get from a big hotel at a fraction of the price. We will never stay anywhere else when visiting our family in Olympia. Great hotel!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

When I first learned that my company was sending me to Yelm, WA for a business trip I was not very excited to say the least. I made my reservation at the Prairie Hotel and hoped for the best. I can not begin to express the experience I had at the hotel. The hotel is beautiful with all the small touches that make a business trip bearable. The rooms are large compared to most other hotels I have stayed at. The decor is wonderful and the staff was amazing to this traveler. After talking with the General Manager Leslie I found out that the 3 story building was built in 2009 and the older building was a complete remodel at the same time. It was a pleasure talking with her and her staff. I will absolutely stay here again. The website pictures are true which is not the case for the majority of hotels posting on the internet. Excellent stay from beginning to end.

Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

Stayed for 5 days.
Hotel tried to bill me a no-show fee when I checked out, claiming an erroneous reservation date.
Staff called me a liar, when I disputed it, and demanded evidence.
I printed the email correspondence and produced it.
Then they said the manager was the only one who could fix the bill and they were absent.

They also tried to sneak in another charge for a single night!

I don't know if they are incompetent or malicious, but whatever the case, you can find a better place to stay.

Luckily, I had documentation and could contest the charges with my credit card.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Port Orchard WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

We were traveling through Yelm and was expecting the usual small town motel ambiance. But once I walked into the Prairie, the reception area was an indicator of the suprise waiting for us. The reception and lounge area featured a 50 inch flat screen and new up to date furniture. So when I asked about the room options at the last minute on a Saturday night, the King was $89 and a good deal. But when I informed the "Studio" was available for $129, I jumped on it. Here's the run down:
About 700 square feet. A sitting area in front of the gas fireplace with new sofa bed combination and furniture. A King size bed. A soaking tub with jacuzzi in between the bedroom area and bath. A 50 inch flat screen. And a great bath. The room was expansive, stylish, and the lay out worked; we were in motel heaven. The same room in Seattle would be easily $300 plus a night.

Excellent customer service on all ends. When we departed, we left a salad in the frig and the staff called us up first thing once discovered to see if we wanted it. Overall, this is a great "getaway" for Seattle area folks and the near by restaurants are supposed to be great for take out or casual dining.. A true gem overall!

• Stayed December 2010
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

Even though it is the only Hotel in town, the Prairie Hotel was a beautiful place. My wife and I were in town for a job interview. This was our base camp as we checked the area. We stayed in the new building in a room with a king size bed. We had everything we needed including WIFI to enjoy our stay.

I would compare this to a high end hotel you would find in a major city, but with a home town charm. The entrance to Mt Rainier NP was only an hour away on a beautiful drive.

If we come back to the area we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Sparta, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

We've booked the King Studio for 13 nights while we visit with family. We are on night 5 and it has been worth every penny. We have walked to the movie theater and also into the little downtown district. The front desk staff and housekeeping have been very friendly. I agree with the previous reviewer that this is definitely equivalent to a 4 or 5 star hotel. It is, without a doubt, the nicest hotel I've stayed in whether for business or pleasure. The bed is very comfortable and it is nice to having a separate sitting area. The pics on their website are completely accurate.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Prairie Hotel? Share your experiences!