“Nice Room, Super Breakfast - Front Desk a Tad Lacking” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Huntsville, Alabama
“Nice Room, Super Breakfast - Front Desk a Tad Lacking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The hotel looks nice from the outside and the parking spaces were large and ample. Check in was OK - I am Best Western diamond but no mention was made regarding my status. I think it is nice to hear “thank you for your loyalty” as they can see I stay a lot with Best Western. There is a curb around the front of the hotel and, if you don’t look for it, you can miss the small ramp that allows you to roll your suitcase or luggage cart up easily onto the sidewalk.
The room was a nice large size with microwave and refrigerator. I booked a king bedded room and I found the bed a little soft The pillows were very lumpy foam - my suggestion is bring your own if you. Also, the bottom sheet was rough and a little unpleasant. The sink was separate from the toilet but the light over the sink was at the entry to the room. You had to walk to the door to flip on the light and then you got more light than you needed during the night. The shower head was awful - it sprayed water everywhere and it was difficult to get a good stream to wash your hair. I mentioned this at checkout and was told the shower heads would be replaced soon.
Breakfast was nice. They had three strengths of coffee in a fancy machine that I found very impressive and they had little flavored coffee creamers. There was hard boiled and scrambled eggs (the reconstituted kind), sausage gravy and some very good sausage links. There was batter for regular and blueberry pancakes, yogurt, four types of cereal and skim milk (this is rare to see at a Best Western). I got some of the “raisin bran type cereal) and found the raisins to be very hard and chewy but the flakes were fine. All in all a very decent breakfast.
There is only one elevator and the hotel has lots of rooms and many floors - we had a line formed of people with suitcases and luggage carts waiting for the elevator when we checked out and had to wait quite a while.
Finally, at checkout, I presented a $50 certificate to apply to my room rate. The certificate said to “present at checkout”. The lady took it and said “this should have been presented at check-in”. When I pointed out the language on the certificate she replied, “we need to know this because making the adjustment in the morning takes time and we stay very busy”. I looked behind me and there wasn’t a soul in line behind me (nor was there anybody in front of me when I stepped up). In fact, the clerk had a plate of breakfast that she was in the process of enjoying when I approached the front desk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ChrisYakima, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lincoln Inn, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We take your comments very seriously and use them to improve on guest satisfaction. We want to make our guest feel welcome and comfortable. Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Have a very wonderful day!

Chris Gallegos-General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Yakima, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Very professional and friendly staff. Nice clean rooms. The breakfast was pretty nice with a decent variety of foods to choose from. The pool area and fitness room were also very clean. I have stayed here several times and have not been disappointed yet. I will stay here agin in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

ChrisYakima, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lincoln Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to place a review about your stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you have again enjoyed your stay and we have met your expectations. Hope to see you again soon. Have a wonderful day!

Spokane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel looks great, and provides great value. Better than some similarly priced hotels. We were there on a scorching hot day, and our room didn't even require the AC to run. Very comfortable. The breakfast was good, the food items were all fresh and well presented, though I wouldn't have minded more options. Standard cereal, waffles, breads, eggs.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

ChrisYakima, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lincoln Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond to your stay with us. I am happy to hear that we have met your expectations during your stay. We take your comments very serious and will use them to improve to make our guest feel welcome and comfortable. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!!

Spokane,WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Very helpful staff with anything you need. Rooms are the cleanest I've ever seen. They helped me find a great place to have a good dinner. Also the work station was very clean and the computer speed was very fast.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to respond to your stay with us. I am happy to hear that we have met your expectations once again. We will see you again, next time you are in town!! Thank you again and have a wonderful day!!

Lake Havasu City, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this Best Western. We recently switched our loyalty program to Best Western and we are glad that we did. The desk clerk, Steve, was helpful and efficient and he had a sense of humor. The room was clean and quiet. We had no problem with the breakfast-typical for a complimentary buffet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to respond about your stay here with us. I am happy to hear we have met your expectations. We do take your comments very seriously and use them to improve to give our guest the best experience possible. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!!

San Rafael, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times and is one of the better reasonable hotels in the Yakima area. The lobby is real nice and a very nice breakfast area that has a couch and tv. The rooms need a little refreshing, but they are clean and the bed is comfortable.

Santa Maria,Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Best Western for a couple of days while attending a family reunion. The hotel was appears very clean and our room was very comfortable however if you are booking because of a free breakfast DONT. Each day I was there the food ran out long before everyone ate. Even the coffee ran out. The receptionist said someone was supposed to restock. I understand an employee not showing up once but twice in two days is a bit much. No manager was available.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond about your stay with us. We take your comments very seriously and use them to improve to make our guest comfortable and welcome. I am sorry we did not meeting your expectations. I hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

Chris Gallegos-General Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Lincoln Inn? Share your experiences!