“Great place for visiting the local wineries” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 East Yakima Ave, Yakima, WA 98901   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Chicago, Illinois
“Great place for visiting the local wineries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The hotel is in a nice location for visiting the wineries. The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly. It is just a 25 minute drive to many beautiful wineries. The beds were good. The bathroom in the rooms was acceptable. Yet, in case you are wondering why this seeming routine and normal hotel is getting four instead of three stars it is because of their hotel managers.
They are top notch. Someone hit my rented car and the manager quickly began thinking on her feet. She spoke to the guy who hit my car, took pictures of the incident, called me in my room to inform me of what had occurred and finally wrote a memo detailing that the other party verbally admitted he was at fault. all within the hour! She gave me a copy and emailed me the copy of the memo. I'm sure that the memo will assist me greatly.

Not only that, but to compensate me for my inconvenience, she awarded me 1,000 Hilton points.(Which with the current devaluation of points, members need points any way we can get them) That was the master finishing stroke. Great PR and management work. You should leadership and a loyalty to a guest. You helped to make this incident but a bump in an otherwise awesome vacation. Kudos to you and your staff!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. It is so nice that you had a great stay and were able to enjoy some of the wonderful aspects that Yakima has to offer. I also appreciate how kind and understanding that you both were with the entire situation of the fender bender in the parking lot. It was a pleasure assisting you with the incident and "helping others" is definitely the highlight of my career choice! It is because of great people like you that look at the positive in a bad situation that keeps the hospitality industry growing and makes our jobs that much more rewarding. I really enjoyed having you stay with us and hope that you will be back again. This time, no fender benders, so that you can enjoy your entire trip with no additional excitement:) Again, thank you for such wonderful and kind comments. I appreciate it more than you know! We look forward to your next visit!

Lisa Vallejo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Boise, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

All in all, this hotel is good – matching the expected Hilton Inn experience. The low point was the mattress. The mattress on the bad was sinking in the middle like a hammock – probably because it is worn out beyond its service life or it’s just a bad mattress.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay on TripAdvisor. I sincerely appreciate you choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Yakima for your lodging needs.

I do appreciate you sharing the experiences that affected your overall satisfaction and have discussed the bed comfort with our maintenance team to ensure that we are noting mattresses that need repaired or replaced. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and we want to ensure a wonderful stay during your next visit.

I hope that you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay and that we will get the opportunity to have you as our guests again during future visits to our beautiful city. Thank you again for sharing your experience and for choosing to stay with us.

Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Very clean & comfortable. Staff were pleasant & professional.
I'd recommend a stop at the Yakima Valley Visitor's center for information on the area. They were very helpful with great suggestions about visiting the valley wineries.

Room Tip: If I stayed there again, I would try to avoid a room overlooking Yakima Ave. The road noise really...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
I appreciate your wonderful review in sharing your experience at our hotel and with our great staff! We do have a wonderful Visitors Center that provides exceptional information and guides to help organize an activity filled stay. I am thrilled that you were able to benefit from their great services and appreciate you providing such great recognition to our local center. I hope you had a great time while in Yakima and can assure you that we have many more beautiful sunshine days just waiting for you to enjoy! We all look forward to having you come back to stay with us again. Thank you so much for review!

Olympia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Located in a decent area of downtown within walking distance to a few nice resturants, which is surprising considering what a dump most of Yakima is. Very clean and new feeling hotel. Breakfast was fantastic!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and can assure you that we are fortunate to live in such a beautiful city with great weather and friendly people. Yakima has had such a positive change over the last few years and we are seeing improvements daily. We have a wonderful new City manager and Chief of police who are making a huge difference in our community. It is nice to hear that you noticed some great features of downtown and I am very excited to see many more wonderful improvements coming to our beautiful valley.

I hope we will get the opportunity to have you as our guest again when visiting Yakima and I am confident that you will enjoy the wonderful improvements as well.

Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing your experience!

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

There are many chains in Yakima, but... we have stayed at most but have never felt more safe, more pampered than at this Garden Hilton. Staff is excellent as are the amenities. There is a good bar with good valley wines to savor... the pool is good, safe, parking is either underground or next to the hotel. All is well maintained.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
What a fantastic review of our hotel! We truly appreciate the kind words that you shared regarding your experience. I thoroughly enjoy sharing with the staff and like to see all of the smiling faces across the room when I get to read such a kind review. I am happy to hear that your stay was great and the staff was excellent. We look forward to having you come back to visit us again soon! We will be waiting to pamper you:)

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Upon arrival, my first thought was this hotel is starting to age and looks "Tired". The staff and location make up for this. The rooms are a little small and noisy, but have all the traditional HGI amenities. There is a great assortment for breakfast and it is included if you are HH Gold or Diamond for free. The hotel is right on a main busy street which makes it easily accessible from the highway. I am not a fan of the HGI beds, but that is not the fault of this hotel itself. I wish all HGI would get rid of the adjustable beds and get the Hilton beds.

The hotel is great driving distance to many wineries and only 150 miles from Seattle. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us and providing a detailed review of your visit to Yakima. We are actually going on our 7th year of being open so we are fairly new but we have added some refreshing decor in areas throughout the hotel. We are very excited that we have begun our lobby refresh and have added some live plants and decor around the lobby that provides a more contemporary and refreshing atmosphere. We have had a lot of positive feedback and are very excited about the changes.
It always excites me to see such wonderful comments regarding our staff. They are truly an asset to our company and I am a very lucky manager to be a part of a wonderful team. Thank you for recognizing this and for sharing your experience. We will be watching for you to come back in the future and hope that you will enjoy our changes.

Yakima, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Upon arrival both times front desk has been very pleasant. However she offers to call and let you know that your room is available and did not call both times. The 2nd visit she called house keeping and let them know the room was empty and that the guest needed to get in sooner. I wasnt feeling well. I heard them tell her they were going to lunch. It just wasn't important. I would told they would clean it first thing after lunch but of course they didnt call. The front desk is slow. She is buried with a line of guests, people asking directions, took forever to get checked in when I came back 2 hours later. It has been exasperating getting checked in both times. I feel sorry that the lady has no support. She should call for back up. The same as when there are 5 people in line at a check stand and another checker needs to come support. Again, i think there are staffing issues with the check in, room cleaning, and restaurant clean up. I would look elsewhere in the future because of these constant issues. Otherwise I love the place, the beds, and the food.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I sincerely appreciate you choosing to stay with us when visiting Yakima. I am very disappointed to hear of your staffing experience and can assure you that I have followed up with all department managers to ensure that we are prepared in all circumstances. Customer service is very important to us and I know that we can make those improvements to provide a better experience for all guests in the future.

I am happy to hear that all other aspects of your stay were satisfactory and hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity to show you that we can exceed your expectations during future visits.

I appreciate your time in sharing your experience and hope to have you as our guest again in the future.