“A little tired, but worth the stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Advance Purchase
Ranked #3 of 24 hotels in Yakima
Dallas, Texas
“A little tired, but worth the stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Upon arrival, my first thought was this hotel is starting to age and looks "Tired". The staff and location make up for this. The rooms are a little small and noisy, but have all the traditional HGI amenities. There is a great assortment for breakfast and it is included if you are HH Gold or Diamond for free. The hotel is right on a main busy street which makes it easily accessible from the highway. I am not a fan of the HGI beds, but that is not the fault of this hotel itself. I wish all HGI would get rid of the adjustable beds and get the Hilton beds.

The hotel is great driving distance to many wineries and only 150 miles from Seattle. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and providing a detailed review of your visit to Yakima. We are actually going on our 7th year of being open so we are fairly new but we have added some refreshing decor in areas throughout the hotel. We are very excited that we have begun our lobby refresh and have added some live plants and decor around the lobby that provides a more contemporary and refreshing atmosphere. We have had a lot of positive feedback and are very excited about the changes.
It always excites me to see such wonderful comments regarding our staff. They are truly an asset to our company and I am a very lucky manager to be a part of a wonderful team. Thank you for recognizing this and for sharing your experience. We will be watching for you to come back in the future and hope that you will enjoy our changes.

234 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Yakima, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Upon arrival both times front desk has been very pleasant. However she offers to call and let you know that your room is available and did not call both times. The 2nd visit she called house keeping and let them know the room was empty and that the guest needed to get in sooner. I wasnt feeling well. I heard them tell her they were going to lunch. It just wasn't important. I would told they would clean it first thing after lunch but of course they didnt call. The front desk is slow. She is buried with a line of guests, people asking directions, took forever to get checked in when I came back 2 hours later. It has been exasperating getting checked in both times. I feel sorry that the lady has no support. She should call for back up. The same as when there are 5 people in line at a check stand and another checker needs to come support. Again, i think there are staffing issues with the check in, room cleaning, and restaurant clean up. I would look elsewhere in the future because of these constant issues. Otherwise I love the place, the beds, and the food.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I sincerely appreciate you choosing to stay with us when visiting Yakima. I am very disappointed to hear of your staffing experience and can assure you that I have followed up with all department managers to ensure that we are prepared in all circumstances. Customer service is very important to us and I know that we can make those improvements to provide a better experience for all guests in the future.

I am happy to hear that all other aspects of your stay were satisfactory and hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity to show you that we can exceed your expectations during future visits.

I appreciate your time in sharing your experience and hope to have you as our guest again in the future.

Portland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I loved how comfortable your beds were. I have had lower back problems most of my life and I found the beds very comfortable. I would say it was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in at a hotel. I would definitely stay at the Hilton Garden Inn again, and if I had a choice I would choose the Garden Inn over other hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I am so happy to hear that you loved our beds! The Garden Sleep System beds are filled with air chambers that adjust to the comfort of your preference and can be amazing. I personally love sleeping on them because they have a control on each side so that two people can have a perfect nights sleep with two completely different bed settings. It makes for a happy marriage :)
If you are ever interested in purchasing a bed please feel free to reach out to my direct email at lisa.vallejo@hilton.com and I would be happy to send you the information. You can have a great nights sleep every night!

Don't forget to ask for the Garden Sleep System bed when staying at Hilton Garden Inn properties. Not all rooms have the sleep system beds so you may want to request prior to making a reservation.

I hope you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay and that you will be back to visit us again when visiting the area. Thank you for your great review!

Lyon, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

All that we can expect from a classic-standard HGI is there. The situation on a big boulevard would not be a problem if the room was correctly soundproof. It was really too noisy, what a pity. Kind staff. Very correct breakfast and good food. Complementary underground garage.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
I appreciate the time that you took to share your experience with other travelers. Our goal is to ensure a pleasant stay so please do not hesitate to let the front desk know if there are any problems and we would be happy to find a room that is more quiet and comfortable to ensure a pleasant nights stay. I am happy to hear that all other aspects of your stay were satisfactory.

Thank you for staying with us and come back again soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This hotel was pretty much what you expect from a Hilton GI nice room but a little pricey. Good location right downtown but not really much there to see. not sure what other choices there were but not a bad place to stay if price is not a concern.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Yakima. I am sorry to hear that you did not get to experience what our beautiful downtown has to offer. Hopefully during your next visit you will get to see some of the beautiful sights not only in town but within our Yakima Valley. I appreciate you expressing the value of our property and hope that we will get the opportunity to have you as our guests again!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was happy this hotel was there in Yakima. I don't believe there was a lot to choose from and the consistency of the Hilton Brand usually doesn't disappoint, and it didn't on this trip.

Hotel has a great breakfast setup, a nice bar, and 24-hour pantry for snacks and accessories.

My room was great and no problems with anything there.

I had a couple of accidental double charges for food which I am working out with the hotel staff, but otherwise a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Parking is free and they have an underground garage as well as a small lot attached to the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you had a consistent experience while staying with us. It is our goal to exceed your expectations and I am thrilled that you were satisfied with your visit. I do apologize for any errors with your billing and am confident that the staff was able to handle in a timely fashion. Thank you for recognizing them. I hope that you will be back to visit us again when you are visiting our beautiful city. Thank you again for the great review and for choosing to stay with us!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We don't usually stay in a Hilton when travelling, but a family member arranged several rooms and we were very impressed with the staff, room and facilities. With a minor exception everything went well and the staff is happy to handle special requests.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to recognize the staff during your visit to Yakima. We are very proud of our great customer service and I am thrilled to see that it reflected in your experience while staying with us. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to have you as our guests again soon!

Lisa Vallejo

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Yakima? Share your experiences!