“Just what we needed for a wine country weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Advance Purchase
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Seattle, Washington
“Just what we needed for a wine country weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My sister and I decided to explore the Yakima Wine country. I had won a free night certificate for any HGI so this worked out well. We stayed a total of three nights.

We were given a nice quiet room on the backside of the hotel. The view was nothing special, but it was quiet. The room was spotless and we appreciated the refrigerator.

We didn't try the restaurant at all so no comment there.

It was super hot (100 degrees) while we were there so I was super happy with underground parking so the car didn't just cook. Staff was helpful.

There was a small mix up with the free night certificate, but it was quickly rectified on check out.

Would stay here again.

Room Tip: I think the view would be nicer on the front, but the back side of the hotel is nice and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
It is so nice to hear that you had a great time in Yakima. I appreciate you sharing your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. We have definitely become known for a great wine getaway so I am happy that you were able to enjoy this time with family.
I appreciate your wonderful comments regarding the hotel and accommodations.

Congratulations on winning the certificate! We hope to have you and your sister back to stay with us again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Lisa Vallejo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Nampa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was helping our oldest son move to Yakima so it was a very busy 2 days! It was so hot! We started out here in Nampa and because we had a large truck hauling a 77 Firebird we had to drive slow and anyone who has ever rented one of those trucks knows they can't go over 55 mph anyway, so it was a long haul! When we arrived, they stayed in their 30 foot travel trailer and I at the HGI in Yakima. The hotel was so nice to get to! Well lit ( it was 10:30 PM> ) and the staff is always friendly. They welcomed me and speedily got me to my room. It was very clean and cool and I stood in he shower for quite a while. The beds are always comfortable and I slept well knowing the place is safe. Next morning was breakfast and as usual delicious and well priced. We worked all day again and I was anxious to get back to the room knowing how comfortable it was going to be. Again, I was greeted as I came in and I must have looked like I was beat and thirsty because the guy at the counter gave me 2 bottles of water, cold, and it was so good! I highly recommend any and all Hilton Garden Inns as I have never had a bad experience. Ever. Thanks so much HGIs. It's so nice to have a place like that to go and get so much for you're dollar. Not sure how you can do all you do for the money but it's sure nice that you do! Chuck Robinson

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor.

I appreciate you sharing your experience while staying with us. It is so nice to hear that you felt like being at home because that is our goal! It sounds like you had a very long and busy trip so I am happy we were able to quickly get you into your room and cooled off. I always enjoy sharing such wonderful comments with our team members as they are our greatest asset!

I do hope all other aspects of your stay were satisfactory and hope that we will get the opportunity to have you as our guests again during future visits to Yakima. Thank you again for staying with us and for sharing your experience. We hope to have you back again soon!

Hoquiam, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Great hotel with controlled underground parking garage. Great service but not enough control over noise problems after 10 PM. Had to call the desk two nights to have noise problems taken care of. One night, younger people below our room had snuck out onto a wide ledge below our room and were drinking and conducting rather loud talk about 11 PM. Called the desk and it took them over 15 minutes to quiet these people down and remove them from the ledge they shouldn't have been on in the first place. Loud door slams and running children occurred until after 11 each night. Extremely nice facility but no continental breakfast was a downer. The over $11 for a breakfast cooked to order was a bit expensive and Hilton Silver Honors Members should have this included in the price. Very convenient location. The underground parking was a real plus but the access to it was rather tight and required more than a little attention to prevent scraping your vehicle on the way in and out. Staff was exceptional and very responsive. Perhaps people, especially younger adults and those with children should be made more aware of their responsibility towards maintaining the quiet necessary at night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to complete a review regarding your visit to Yakima. I understand that there were some noise issues during your stay and can assure you that we do take this very seriously. Sometimes it is very difficult to track down the noise makers when they sneak down stairwells and out onto ledges so I am happy to hear that our team was able to quiet things down within 15 minutes.

I also understand your concerns with the price of the breakfast. In comparison to what great quality and selections we offer we are very competitive in our market. A full service, cooked to order breakfast buffet with quality meats, danishes, waffles, pancakes, fresh fruits, yogurts and Seattle's Best coffee is all included in the one set price. I see that you are a Silver Hilton HHonor member so it won't be long before you are a Gold or Diamond which provides you with a choice for either complimentary breakfast or bonus points. I am happy to hear that you are a dedicated HHonor member.

I truly appreciate the wonderful things that you had to say about our staff. They are definitely our greatest asset so I appreciate the recognition.

I do hope that all other aspects of your stay outside of the noise were satisfactory. We will continue to do our best to control noise issues to provide a memorable stay for all travelers.

Thank you again for the great review!

Ravensdale, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We paid $150 a night to stay in Yakima, WA and had to pay for the breakfast even though we are Hilton Honors members. Seems like Hilton should be a bit more generous to it's members and not require them to pay more on top of an already high rate for breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
I sincerely appreciate your sharing your experience while staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Yakima. We truly value all of our guests and appreciate you being a part of our Hilton HHonors program. I apologize if there was any confusion with the program details during your stay. The HHonors program is a wonderful loyalty program that provides the opportunity to earn points to earn free night stays in the future. Once you become a GOLD or DIAMOND member you will have the opportunity to receive complimentary breakfast OR bonus points during each visit. I do hope all other aspects of your stay were satisfactory and hope that we will get the opportunity to have you as our guest again during future visits to Yakima. Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing your experience.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Worse experience ever at a Hilton property. I have stayed at Hilton properties across the country and never experienced such a bad experience. Reservation was not honored. The staff then made me book for 2 nights when I only needed one - they said the "system" made them do it? Really? No parking. I was told by the front desk to park on the street. Car was towed. Worse of all no one seemed to care. I would not recommend staying here.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for taking the time to speak with me personally regarding your experience. I have followed up with the team member that took your reservation to ensure that there is no confusion with the system in the future. I appreciate you letting me know that nobody at the hotel was aware that your car was ordered by the city to be towed. I am confident that they would have done everything possible to help in that situation. I am happy to know that all of your previous stays have gone very well and that you will be back to stay with us again when visiting Yakima. I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to address all issues and rectify the situation to provide a better stay during future visits to Yakima.

Have a wonderful weekend and come back again soon!

las vegas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

we were coming home from disneyland and soo tired that we were lost and we kept calling and they felt bad for us and upgraded our room to a suite. we were so excited when we landed in our room and very well lost our anxiety with the trip home.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I am so happy to hear that you had a better trip back home and that we were able to assist you in your travels. I am sure that you have many great memories of your wonderful vacation and I am happy that we were able to be a part of that journey. I hope that we will have you as our guests again on the way to or from your next adventure. We are always here to make your stay more enjoyable and appreciate you sharing your experience.

Have a wonderful weekend and safe travels!

Warm Regards,

Bend, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is another of my excellent experiences with Hilton's Garden Inn series. This facility ir right in the city center and close to several attractions and restaurants. It is neat, clean and staffed with knowledgeable individuals who work at making your stay pleasant. One nice feature is underground parking that keeps your vehicle out of the warm high desert sun. The facility is also a conference center so it is possible to encounter crowds at the breakfast bar. Still good food and service.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Yakima? Share your experiences!