“Good value, not quite as advertised” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Guesthouse Intl. Inn

You added Guesthouse Intl. Inn to your Saves list
Guesthouse Intl. Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1010 S. Sgt. Pendleton Way, Yakima, WA 98901 (Formerly Cedars Inn & Suites Yakima)   |
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Longview, Washington
“Good value, not quite as advertised”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Good value for the money all in all. The rooms are somewhat cramped so if you have more than one person you walk around each other. But, it's a good value because they have fridge and microwave. It was quiet, no parties, and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

The only drawback was the breakfast. The "omelettes" you make by microwaving eggs and adding diced ham and shredded cheese from the fridge. The pancakes are ready-made in the fridge and you have to microwave. There's one waffle iron, one microwave, and a single small tabletop fridge all crammed together on a single small counter. If you want to make a waffle or microwave anything you're waiting in line. Also, the donuts aren't fresh. They're like what you get from the dollar store. So, don't go there for the breakfast.

Even with this said, I'd still go back for the price. It's not much more then Motel 6 and way better. (we've stayed there too)

Room Tip: 2nd floor room we stayed in was pretty quiet and had a sofa which we liked.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
rachael m, General Manager at Guesthouse Intl. Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your review we enjoy our guests and hope to have you back to stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Kelowna, B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Had the room with a couch and two queens. Flat screen was a nice touch. Breakfast variety was good and evening milk and cookies were delicious. Check-in staff were friendly and helpful. Stayed on a Sunday night so it was quiet. Within walking distance to Target and Big Lots.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Billings, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We got what we paid for, which was not expensive. We stayed six nights. The owner needs to invest in some improvements in the facility itself. I think there was mildew on the shower wall--- covered, though.The room was small so that two of us couldn't pass each other in the small space at the end of the beds. Some drawers stick. The pillows are so hard and immovable. There really should be coffee in the rooms as the breakfast opens at 6:30.

Best of all: Everyone on the staff was extremely friendly and competent! The frig in the room was handy to keep ice. The breakfast was not bad with yogurt, cereal, English muffins, pnut butter and juice. Apples and oranges in the lobby. We have been here during baseball tournaments, and you better get to breakfast early!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Richland, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We only stayed one night for a baseball tournament, and it was good. No problems and nothing to complain about. The lady that was working when we checked in, was great, she apologized for the cookies being delayed (which I didn't even know about). She made sure my boys got some though. THANK YOU! We will be back in April!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My family has stayed here 2 times now and really enjoy the every thing about this little hotel.The rooms are reasonable and they are very clean. The front desk is very friendly and helpful..They let me check in early.The breakfast is good.

Room Tip: I stayed upstairs it was quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bellevue, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I felt like I got exactly what I paid for this hotel, which is to say not very much. That makes this hotel an average value (i would give three stars for value). I didn't want to pay a lot for a hotel so it was fine for me. The reasons why I only gave it two stars for quality are:

(1) Room reeked of cigarette smoke (despite it being a nonsmoking room). The initial blast when you walk in the door is almost overwhelming but you get used to after being acclimated. When I unpacked after getting home I noticed that everything I brought with me into the room reeked of smoke (my clothes, toiletries, suitcase).
(2) The hotel allows dogs in the rooms and there was one yapping next door.
(3) The included breakfast is spartan and unhealthy
(4) Terrible WiFi connectivity - low signal strength and intermittent

I turned up the fan to its maximum setting to drown out most of the noise from dogs and kids thereby managing to get a good night sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Margaret River,Western Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed here one night but we found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. WiFi was great too, I enjoyed being able to Skype my family . This was a great stop over after a long drive.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
rachael m, General Manager at Guesthouse Intl. Inn, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you so much we enjoy guests like you and hope that we see you come back and visit us again soon. I really am glad you like our place and thank you for the review!!

Been to Guesthouse Intl. Inn? Share your experiences!