“Good Blond Beer” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Madrid, Spain
“Good Blond Beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I haven't been for a few months. And it's a bit out of the way, but when you are in Washington it is worth a trip to Snipes Mountain. I go there whenever I am in the area. Go for the Blond Beer. I should add that the food there is quite good, too. It's a nice combination of good beer and good food that keeps me going back. Well worth it. And not too expensive prices.

• Visited March 2012

66% Recommend
Michigan
“Surprising find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

The beers were well crafted and nicely balanced. The numerous awards show we are not alone in our assesment.
We had two different wood fired pizzas and both were very tasty.
We has stopped ib earlier for a pint and to check out the menu. The bartender and a waitress both remembered us and welcomed us back.
Much much better than we expected to find in Sunnyside.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Coast USA
“Snipes Sunnyside - Skip It”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The menu was mostly lackluster, garden variety 1950s diner, and overpriced at that. We dropped $40 including tip for two sandwiches-and-fries plates, a glass of water, and one unremarkable glass of white wine. About $10 more than it should have been.

The vaulted ceilings and large square footage of the place make it feel more like a warehouse than a place to drink and dine. A&W has more ambience, and better fries.

The Snipes website advertises itself as a place to have a romantic dinner, but also a family restaurant. News flash, one restaurant cannot be both. The place is essentially a diner/pub in too large of a space, trying-but-failing to be anything more than 2 out of 5.

Our waitress, who was handling a whole 3 tables, was a ditz who had to be reminded about the most basic of service items.

Note, Snipes is not licensed for anything beyond wine and beer.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tacoma, Washington, United States
“Overpriced and not quality food...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

The food is not that great for the price. A veggie burger was 8.95 and it was dry and tasteless.

Visited May 2012
Old Forge, New York
“Friendly Place with Good Food and Very Good Beer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Okay - you're in Sunnyside, WA - now what? Well that's what I asked my self, and the innkeeper at the Best Western. He suggested Snipes and I bit and I'm glad I did. This is a very friendly brewpub with a wood fired oven that is used to cook most things that aren't fried!

The beer is very good, with lots of hoppy selections (After all, this is Washington - Hop Capital of the Country!). I had an interesting appetizer - batter dipped, deep fried asparagus - GREAT! Dinner was a side salad, OK, and their Washington Tri-tips - with local red skin mashed potatoes and fresh asparagus. All nicely done and very fresh.

But the highlight was the very friendly atmosphere, starting with the lively barkeep and patrons, none of which were from the area!

I will definitely stop back in when I get back!!

• Visited May 2012