“Great for lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Great for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The Melange salad is great. Service, atmosphere, and food also very good. Small but not crowded on a weekday for lunch.

Visited January 2013

Amherst, Virginia
“My Favorite Restaurant in Yakima”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Cozy (only 11 tables) with a great menu and wine selection. Make sure that you have their house salad, either with your entree or by itself. It's one of the best salads I've ever eaten.

Visited November 2012
Rockford, IL
“My Expectations Were Higher”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I looked forward to exploring the restaurants in Yakima and gave this one a try. The Wednesday night was not crowded, only one other couple when we got there, only one other couple during our stay. The menu is interesting, seemed like a pricy place per the dishes listed. I took the waiters recommendation and tryed the special for that night. It was a steak and salmon plate. My partner threw out the meat and ordered the salmon cakes only. They were very good. I should have done the same. My steak was not tender, lots of gristle to cut away. The waiter mentioned something about my order getting a larger steak, portion size, than advertised. I told him that was not the problem. Expected better, this is cattle country, isn't it? Wine list was good, would like to see more offerings by the glass. This would not be my first recommendation for Yakima.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington State
“Excellent dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

We had made reservations at the French restaurant around the corner. My wife has allergies and when the chef there couldn't tell us the ingredients we left and came here. Glad we did! Duck with marionberry port sauce was tremendous. Melange salad was huge and delicious. We each had a tenderloin. Both were well prepared. Shitake was a little better matched to steak. Server recommended a good, fairly priced red to complement our meals!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
McMinnville, Oregon
“Still excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stopped by again on my annual visit to Yakima. Food was once again outstanding. Service a tad below par, but acceptable.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

If you own or manage Cafe Melange, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.