“Yakima's Very Best” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Yakima, WA
“Yakima's Very Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

The value for one's dollar is exceptional at this 30-year-old, one-owner restaurant. Everything --appetizer, salad, on-the-premises-baked breads and the woooonderful on-the-premises-hand-made post-prandial Belgian chocolates-- is included in one price . Only dessert and beverages are charged separately.. The menu selections usually are limited to five or six (sometimes there is a "special") because each is prepared to order and prepared with very close attention. The sauces are outstanding --the mark of a fine professional chef's kitchen. The Birchfields Manor is the opposite of a noisy, bustling restaurant, This is partially because there are fixed seating times and because of the service. In fact, Ihe service always is absolutely impeccable. The tadteful decor is congruent with the style of the1910 manor house and features some fine antiques.. The restaurant is ideal for truly savoring the food and the occasion. I've dined at the Birchfield Manor many times and never have found the experience to be anything other than a thoroughly satisfying meal of the highest caliber in an environment where I can relax and focus on my dining partner(s).. There has been only one problem: I always have difficulty choosing an entree because I know that all of them will be so delicious!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

yakima
“More than I could have imagined!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2009

The dinner is beyond words! The service is the best in town! I have never tasted a meal that was better prepared... If you want to be pampered with exellent service, and the best dinner you've ever had, the Birchfield is the place. The over night stay is a little spendy, but for a romantic get away it was perfect! And the price of dinner is nothing for what you get! I know several chain restaurants in town that charge the same, for a run of the mill bland steak dinner...If you are looking for something better...I have not found it. The Birchfield is the Best by far!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
grandview wa
“You get what you pay for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

Top notch dining and overnight stay. A bit spendy, but like I said you get what you pay for.

They actually accomodate vegetarians quite nicely. unlike "we can take the chicken out, etc, etc" at other restraunts.

Lovely rooms pay attention to details. will be there again soon

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“love the atmosphere and...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2008

love the atmosphere and the mutli course layout... just wish you could pick your salad and appetizer...

Oregon
“Delightful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2007

We knew to stay at the Birchfield Mano because we'd heard good things from friends. The room - Allison - was charming and comfortable and the inn itself warm and welcoming. What we hadn't known about was dinner. We thought we would be eating elsewhere but found they were serving dinner late enough for us to join them. The meal was superb! I had the lamb - perfectly prepared and a more-than-ample portion. My husband had the salmon - a large portion that was moist and full of flavor. Service was friendly yet polished and the wine list interesting and reasonably priced. We found the whole stay very enjoyable.