“The fry sauce alone is worth a visit” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night
Covington, Washington
“The fry sauce alone is worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Great burger place old style dive in. The burger here are amazing sloppy tasty burger just the way a burger should be.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Yakima
“A local landmark”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have lived in Yakima for over 20 years, and visit Miner's several times each year, with friends, family and business associates. When entertaining out-of-town business associates I always ask them where they'd like to go to lunch. I give them several options, including one of our local burger hangouts. Invariably, they always pick the burger hangout. They are always amazed by the size of the burger. I'm in the produce industry and they also mention that the burger must have an entire tomato and onion sliced on it. They also always comment on how clean the facility is and that it is bustling with people. I usually just get the Big Miner with cheese and offer to share an onion ring with the group. When my wife and I go, we always split a burger and have them cut it for us, it's plenty of food! Burgers are always the first choice here although one friend always has the shrimp burger and another friend swears by their chicken. They also have a pretty good assortment of sauces. My kids have always loved the fry sauce in particular.
It can get very busy, and at times feels too busy, although even when there is a big line, the food still comes out relatively quickly. If we see a couple of school buses with sport's teams we might pass on by. Pricing is reasonable for the size of the burger but not 'value priced'. If it's your first time in Yakima, I say it's a must stop and is usually memorable. All my business associates always talk about the place for years to come.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Logan
“One of the best (and biggest) burgers I have ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was introduced to Miner's by a local a number of years ago. I loved it so much that I make it a point if travelling in that area to divert myself through Yakima just to eat here. The staff was very friendly and the food is fantastic. I am not sure I could grill a better burger myself. I highly recommend taking the time to stop and visit this fantastic eating establishment!

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bruce, Mississippi
“Cute and Friendly!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was the home of the big hamburger!! Excellent hamburger and sides everytime we ate there!! Could use an Original Miner right about now with a side of chili-cheese fries!!

Visited January 2012
Selah, Washington
“big portions is understating...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Great food, huge portions, good choice of sauces. Service is a little slower than "fast food" think of it more in terms of a KFC type speed. Good value for your money. Always busy.

• Visited August 2012