“big portions is understating...” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Selah, Washington
“big portions is understating...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Great food, huge portions, good choice of sauces. Service is a little slower than "fast food" think of it more in terms of a KFC type speed. Good value for your money. Always busy.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Quimper, WA
“Best Burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

One of the best burgers I have ever eatin. One of the all time top 5 burgers in my entire life. Probably #1.
It is huge, full of great toppings and juicy
Only dislike, that is one big burger and I had to eat the whole thing since it tasted so good.

Visited September 2012
“Best burgers around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Miners has the biggest and best burgers. They are always busy but always room to get a burger, shake and onion rings. Open late. With lots of seating inside and out. Always get a extra burger take it home put it in your fridge and eat it the next day cold ot will be even better.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Centralia, Washington
“Awesome quintessential American food in a classic setting: A must when you visit Yakima!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

A friend took me to Miner's while we were driving back and forth deploying equipment for wildfires. He promised me an excellent dining experience, and he wasn't wrong!
I'm simply amazed at the place. I enjoy a good burger and fries, and they nailed it!
You go in, place your order, and take a number that's mounted on a 2' tall stand, and then place this on your table. The restaurant is HUGE, and seats about 250.
From what my friend said, they expanded it twice since it was built to accomodate the crowds.
The decor is nice, with varnished wood tables, and nicely boxed Native American artifacts and pictures along the walls.
All the time, classic 1950's and '60's rock and roll is being played. You don't get more American than this! I love it!
Service is FAST, and pretty soon a server brings your food out to you.
The burger arrived in a unique foil pouch. Drinks were self serve.
All the food was hot and delicious, the fry portions were good, they were also tasty and hot. The standard Miner Burger was almost the size of my hand!
The patty has a good thickness, and it's heaped very heavy with delicious vegetables.
On the way out of town a couple of days later, I stopped by and had a second meal. The burger was just as delicious, and this time I had onion rings instead of fries.
The rings were hot, and quite crispy. The coating was more coarse than what I usually have, which is not good or bad, just different. They were great!
Yes, you may pay a bit more here than at any of the fast food restaurants, but I'll put their Miner Burger against Carl's Jr's Six Dollar Burger any day!
The dining experience is well worth it, as is the value. I've gone back, and look forward to doing so again as soon as I can!
Thanks again to John B. for turning me onto this place.
It's easy access off I-82, get off at the Valley Mall exit, and hang a right up Main St. You can't miss it on the right!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington State
“Bring a huge appetite!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Lunch at Miner's is a must when we visit Yakima. I have never finished an entire burger or sandwich here, but that doesn't stop me from trying! The food is not heart-healthy, but it's tasty.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Miner's Drive-in Restaurant? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Miner's Drive-in Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.