“Fantastic Remodel, Decent Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Medford, Oregon
“Fantastic Remodel, Decent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The recent renovation has made the Yakima Fairfield Inn and Suites a very attractive and contemporary hotel. The room was pleasantly updated and well appointed, and I very much appreciated the DVD player in the room. The bed was very comfortable (as usual with Marriott properties) and I slept very well. Everything was very clean, and even walking through the halls it smelled fresh and new. The staff was friendly, but I found that their level of professionalism was a little low, which was not helped by the fact that they did not seem to have any uniform, just whatever they were wearing out to the mall or what have you.
Breakfast was very nice, and overall the stay was very good. Thanks, Fairfield!

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better. Go for the jacuzzi suite if relaxation is on your mind.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
David E, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for the kind review! We appreciate feedback from our guests; so that we can continue to make everyone’s stay a great experience! We have had some recent turn over at the Front Desk and the “rookies” are getting better and their uniforms just arrived! Hopefully, when you visit us again you will see the difference.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband is a frequent traveller and practically lives in Marriott properties. We just enjoyed two nights here and loved it. Clean, bright, and freshly remodeled. Great breakfast and coffee (okay, except for the weird eggs- someone else wrote they are powdered? But they did have waffle makers!). We were upgraded and had a sitting room plus two queens, so not sure how big or small a normal room would be. Very attentive staff. This place is so cheery I saw another guest taking pictures to show her granddaughter, who's studying interior design. I'd like to see a stationary bike in the little workout room instead of two treadmills and an elliptical, but otherwise great place!

• Stayed December 2013
David E, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for your review, we appreciate it! We’re happy that you like the newly remodeled hotel! It was 4 months in the making—but worth it! We do have good coffee (BTW the eggs are not powered!) Next time you are here make sure to have a “50/50 waffle” at breakfast!. We agree we have great personnel, as you can tell, their enthusiasm and helpfulness to all our guests, is a hallmark we strive to exceed with all our guests. We hope to see you again in the future.
Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I am a Marriott Rewards member, so if I cannot locate a good Bed & Breakfast where I am traveling, I check the Marriott options next.

In my opinion, they are all pretty much the same (regardless of the specific brand), including the breakfast foods, when they have them. This particular establishment is no exception, yet the employees here stand out from the usual crowd of Marriott workers.

During our stay, the entire building was getting a make-over and the focus was on the lobby/reception area. What was most surprising to me was the worker's response to inquiries. No complaints, no excuses, but rather very useful and timely advice about where to park, which hallways to avoid, and the exact timetable of work being done.

We heard no noise during out entire, three night stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
David E, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for your review, we appreciate it! I agree we have friendly Front Desk and their enthusiasm and helpfulness is a hallmark we strive to exceed with all our guests. We have a good location, freeway close and also convenient for getting around Yakima quickly and effortlessly. The pool and Jacuzzi have been renovated and are beautiful! The lobby is almost finished, as well as the last of the rooms and all the hallways. We hope to see you again in the future and you can enjoy the new pool and the all the new rooms after the renovation is complete in late October.
Siletz, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was first time at this hotel. We were warned when making reservations hotel lobby was under construction still. Our room had just been totally redone - great to stay with new carpet, bedding, etc. We used Marriott Points - cost would be $129 without. It's 3 minutes away from a great Black Angus Restaurant, ear freeway on/off ramps so easy to get going on your journey. Quiet at nite and in new part of town. Every single employee said hello, greeted us with a friendly smile. Only coplaint was the free breakfast - powdered eggs - Yuk! Oatmeal and other things were fine though. And breakfast is free. We'd stay again.

Room Tip: I'd avoid rooms next or really near the elevator. There is no room service - but I couldn't...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, we appreciate it! We are very happy you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms—and didn’t get scared off by our warning about the renovation! Wait till you stay again, we are just finishing up the lobby and it is very nice! We do have a good location, freeway close and also convenient for getting around Yakima quickly and effortlessly. We hope to see you again in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I just returned from a three day stay. This is a nice hotel, staff is friendly and helpful. They are under construction in some areas, but it didn't affect me. When I checked in I was told I was getting one off the rooms that had just been renovated which made me happy....only to find out there was no mini fridge or microwave. The fridge would have been nice, , but I managed. The room itself is very nice. I love that there's a long hall between the door to the living/bedroom with the bathroom between. Its a great buffer from any hall Noise...so its peaceful. Also a good buffer if my pet were to bark. The only other complaint I have is that the little fruit flies In my room. They were EVERYWHERE. It made it hard to enjoy glass of wine! Or eat anything without fighting them off!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your review, we appreciate it! I agree we have a friendly Front Desk personnel, we try to make everyone feel welcome. We are glad you enjoyed your stay—except for the fruit flies—not sure where those came from! When the renovation is complete all rooms will have refrigerators and microwaves—but unfortunately the order hasn’t shown up yet, but we expect them any day! We will be done in late October. If you’re ever back in Yakima please stop by and stay with us again!
Napa, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I come to Yakima frequently and as a platinum member of Marriott awards program typically stay at Marriott properties around the world. Have stayed at this one a number of times, despite my poor impression of the property. After the stay this week I will not ever stay there again, and I would encourage you to look elsewhere as well. The hotel is undergoing renovation and I stayed in a renovated room. Not good. The rooms are small and cramped. The new color scheme makes them feel even smaller. Very stark and uninviting, and the jet-powered air conditioner will blow you out of the room. New wall paper in the bathroom was already damaged. Also, the hotel is in a bad part of town - only convenient if you are coming off the Interstate and don't want to see the city. Lots of vacant lots and buildings around the property. Poorly maintained on the outside. Nowhere safe to walk to besides a tacky, expensive burger place. Try the Garden Inn, or other property.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are very saddened that you did not like the newly renovated rooms. Damage does occur and we try to get items fixed as soon as we can, but unfortunately sometimes we accidentally rent a room before repairs can be made. There’s not a lot we can do about the vacant lots, since we don’t own them. But we are only 2 blocks from downtown and about 32 seconds from the convention center. The renovation is almost complete, maybe you can visit us again when the hotel will more quiet and relaxed with all the construction completed.
Everett, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The hotel was undergoing a very needed renovation when we visited which kept me from rating it higher. It is conveniently located to the freeway entrance / exit. One negative for me was the elevator - I think this hotel has the slowest elevator I have ever experienced. The hotel had ample parking and the exterior was well maintained.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
David E, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for your review, we appreciate that you took the time write it and submit it. I agree we have friendly Front Desk personnel; we try to make everyone feel welcome. We also wanted to let you know that we agree! We needed a thorough renovation and that is what we are doing; all the rooms, lobby, breakfast area, hallway carpets—everything—all new mattress too! We will be done in late September. If you’re ever back in Yakima please stop by and stay with us again!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima? Share your experiences!