“Remodeling is always fun” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Tacoma, Washington
“Remodeling is always fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I am a Marriott Rewards member, so if I cannot locate a good Bed & Breakfast where I am traveling, I check the Marriott options next.

In my opinion, they are all pretty much the same (regardless of the specific brand), including the breakfast foods, when they have them. This particular establishment is no exception, yet the employees here stand out from the usual crowd of Marriott workers.

During our stay, the entire building was getting a make-over and the focus was on the lobby/reception area. What was most surprising to me was the worker's response to inquiries. No complaints, no excuses, but rather very useful and timely advice about where to park, which hallways to avoid, and the exact timetable of work being done.

We heard no noise during out entire, three night stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
David E, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for your review, we appreciate it! I agree we have friendly Front Desk and their enthusiasm and helpfulness is a hallmark we strive to exceed with all our guests. We have a good location, freeway close and also convenient for getting around Yakima quickly and effortlessly. The pool and Jacuzzi have been renovated and are beautiful! The lobby is almost finished, as well as the last of the rooms and all the hallways. We hope to see you again in the future and you can enjoy the new pool and the all the new rooms after the renovation is complete in late October.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Siletz, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was first time at this hotel. We were warned when making reservations hotel lobby was under construction still. Our room had just been totally redone - great to stay with new carpet, bedding, etc. We used Marriott Points - cost would be $129 without. It's 3 minutes away from a great Black Angus Restaurant, ear freeway on/off ramps so easy to get going on your journey. Quiet at nite and in new part of town. Every single employee said hello, greeted us with a friendly smile. Only coplaint was the free breakfast - powdered eggs - Yuk! Oatmeal and other things were fine though. And breakfast is free. We'd stay again.

Room Tip: I'd avoid rooms next or really near the elevator. There is no room service - but I couldn't...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, we appreciate it! We are very happy you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms—and didn’t get scared off by our warning about the renovation! Wait till you stay again, we are just finishing up the lobby and it is very nice! We do have a good location, freeway close and also convenient for getting around Yakima quickly and effortlessly. We hope to see you again in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

I just returned from a three day stay. This is a nice hotel, staff is friendly and helpful. They are under construction in some areas, but it didn't affect me. When I checked in I was told I was getting one off the rooms that had just been renovated which made me happy....only to find out there was no mini fridge or microwave. The fridge would have been nice, , but I managed. The room itself is very nice. I love that there's a long hall between the door to the living/bedroom with the bathroom between. Its a great buffer from any hall Noise...so its peaceful. Also a good buffer if my pet were to bark. The only other complaint I have is that the little fruit flies In my room. They were EVERYWHERE. It made it hard to enjoy glass of wine! Or eat anything without fighting them off!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your review, we appreciate it! I agree we have a friendly Front Desk personnel, we try to make everyone feel welcome. We are glad you enjoyed your stay—except for the fruit flies—not sure where those came from! When the renovation is complete all rooms will have refrigerators and microwaves—but unfortunately the order hasn’t shown up yet, but we expect them any day! We will be done in late October. If you’re ever back in Yakima please stop by and stay with us again!
Napa, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I come to Yakima frequently and as a platinum member of Marriott awards program typically stay at Marriott properties around the world. Have stayed at this one a number of times, despite my poor impression of the property. After the stay this week I will not ever stay there again, and I would encourage you to look elsewhere as well. The hotel is undergoing renovation and I stayed in a renovated room. Not good. The rooms are small and cramped. The new color scheme makes them feel even smaller. Very stark and uninviting, and the jet-powered air conditioner will blow you out of the room. New wall paper in the bathroom was already damaged. Also, the hotel is in a bad part of town - only convenient if you are coming off the Interstate and don't want to see the city. Lots of vacant lots and buildings around the property. Poorly maintained on the outside. Nowhere safe to walk to besides a tacky, expensive burger place. Try the Garden Inn, or other property.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are very saddened that you did not like the newly renovated rooms. Damage does occur and we try to get items fixed as soon as we can, but unfortunately sometimes we accidentally rent a room before repairs can be made. There’s not a lot we can do about the vacant lots, since we don’t own them. But we are only 2 blocks from downtown and about 32 seconds from the convention center. The renovation is almost complete, maybe you can visit us again when the hotel will more quiet and relaxed with all the construction completed.
Everett, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The hotel was undergoing a very needed renovation when we visited which kept me from rating it higher. It is conveniently located to the freeway entrance / exit. One negative for me was the elevator - I think this hotel has the slowest elevator I have ever experienced. The hotel had ample parking and the exterior was well maintained.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
David E, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for your review, we appreciate that you took the time write it and submit it. I agree we have friendly Front Desk personnel; we try to make everyone feel welcome. We also wanted to let you know that we agree! We needed a thorough renovation and that is what we are doing; all the rooms, lobby, breakfast area, hallway carpets—everything—all new mattress too! We will be done in late September. If you’re ever back in Yakima please stop by and stay with us again!
Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We spent 8/23 Friday night at this property. We were advised of renovation when I called the hotel before making on-line reservations, which I always do. At our check-in they again reiterated the remodeling and put us at the opisite end of the hotel to minimize the impact.
Our updated room was EXCELLENT! Stylish and quiet. Some construction dust in the elevator but really, not an issue. The pool and hot tub, clean and relaxing. Breakfast-I can say the girls working to keep it clean and filled were doing a GREAT job. Plenty of food even 1/2 hour before it ended, we sat and read the local paper with our coffee. I was so hesitant to stay here but the other hotels seemed worse and we have usually had good luck with Marriott, so we took the chance and it paid off. We will stay at this property again headed through this area!
I just want them to install a bigger swimming pool!

Room Tip: Call ahead at any hotel to find out the latest on road construction, hotel renovation, big groups li...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, we appreciate it! I am glad to hear that you were advised and saw the renovation alert and took a chance with us! I agree the renovated rooms are nice! And we are almost done—only one more floor to go! The breakfast area will be finished next and then the last phase—the lobby area! We hope to see you again in the future and you can enjoy all the new rooms.
Cornwall, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We usually always stay with the Marriott family but this was our first Fairfield stay. Our family of four stayed for 2 nights while we visited the incredible wine country(another review) after visiting Mount Rainier and pre cruise out of Seattle. Location: great, close to the highway and down town area, but difficult to get to due to the many one way roads. Parking lot appeared messy and congested, probably due to the renovation going on. Room: comfortable and clean but difficult to adjust temperature on air conditioner. Breakfast: above standard in my opinion. Coffee was good
and a large selection of breakfast items, which were restocked quickly when empty. Perk: Clean laundry room with clean washer and dryers(coin operated) for quests to use. Staff: Polite and informative. Evening girl suggested a close and great Mexican place for dinner! Loved the cookies on check in, sad to not find them on Friday.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
David E, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for your review, we appreciate it! I agree we have friendly Front Desk personnel; their enthusiasm and helpfulness is a hallmark we strive to exceed with all our guests. We have a good location, freeway close and also convenient for getting around Yakima quickly and effortlessly, but the one-way streets can be a little tricky to get used to! We hope to see you again in the future and you can enjoy the local fruit stands to compliment your wine tour.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima? Share your experiences!