“Average hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Lyon, France
“Average hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

The hotel room is not huge but clean, located right next to the highway. The beds are a little bit small.

Room Tip: There is no fridge in the room, need to bring your own cooler.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kenneth C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. Our housekeepers take special pride in the cleanliness of each and every room. I apologize that the room size did not meet your expectations. We have multiple room types available. For your next visit, refrigerators are available if you book one of our lovely Suites or First Floor rooms, we have also purchase some mini-frigs for guest request for rooms that do not have them. Again, we feel that all feedback is good feedback, as it allows us the opportunity to understand and improve upon fulfilling our guest’s needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Quiet top floor room, comfortable bed. Shopping and restaurant across the street. Good hot tub. Negatives: gym equipment not very well maintained, intermittently slow internet. Overall good. Fairfield Inns in general have been pretty reliable for me.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so grateful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us overall! During this age of healthy conscious people, who need to maintain their fitness routine, I fully understand your comments regarding our equipment. We are currently evaluating our fitness equipment and look forward to updating relatively soon. Unfortunately, your stay was just prior to our internet upgrade. We just recently upgraded and are currently running at a comparable lightning speed of 30 Mbps. We are proud to be one of your most reliable brands during your travel and would like to welcome you once again, if you are ever in the Yakima area!
Winlock, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

I am a picky person when it comes to hotels. But I have no worries when I stay here. Clean clean and did I say clean? Nice location. Walking distance to restraunts and target ! Free breakfast and good coffee. My first choice every time!

• Stayed June 2012
We are so grateful to hear back from you and that you have enjoyed your stay with us! The entire staff appreciates you taking the time to give us your feedback and see that all their hard work did not go unnoticed. We hope to see you again if you are ever back in the area.
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

We were travelling with our two young children to the Yakima area for the weekend. I won this hotel on a priceline bid of $46/night. I was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews of the hotel that it would not be suitable, but this was far from the case. On arrival, the front desk clerk, although not chatty, was very helpful. I asked for a room on the ground floor as we had alot of luggage to bring in. He gave us a room with a king bed, right next to one of the side doors, with easy parking, so we did not have to go far. Our kids are little and we had brought our own travel beds for them, so I can't comment on the hotel cots/rollaways. The room was a bit on the small side but tastefully decorated and very clean, with plenty of towels. There was just enough room to fit us all in and in hind-sight, a room with two beds might have been a little bigger. There was a fridge and microwave in our room and the pool was just a few steps away down the hall. Although the main pool was kind of cold, our kids loved playing in it anyway. We tried the hot tub too, but it was a little too hot and we could only stand to sit with our legs dangling in. I liked that there were extra pool towels so we didn't have to use the ones from our room. The mattress was firm, but not uncomfortably so and I have slept on much worse at more expensive hotels.
The continental breakfast was very nice--there were bagels and muffins, hot oatmeal with a variety of dried fruit and nuts to sprinkle on top, microwaveable breakfast sandwiches, DIY waffles, yoghurt, cereal and unlimited juice, milk, coffee and tea. The breakfast room was busy but not crowded when we used it. We did not use the exercise room or the laundry, but they were available. We did spend some time sitting on the outdoor patio which is at the back of the hotel.
In the parking lot there is a Bob's Burgers and Brew restaurant. Across the street there is a shopping plaza with Target, Pizza Hut and a sub shop. Across the highway overpass there was a Walmart Supercentre with a full grocery store, McDonalds and a Burger King. A few blocks away we noted a Dairy Queen and Taco Bell. For other food choices I think you would need to drive further into town.
This is not a luxury hotel, but as a moderately priced hotel it certainly met and even exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: Apparently only rooms on the ground floor have microwaves and fridges so be sure to ask for this if...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Kenneth C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
We are glad to hear that you had a good experience on your last visit and that we were able to meet your expectation. We hope to see you again on your future visits.
seattle, wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

Went on a wine tour with friends and had a good experience as usual. Nothing overly special about the room or hotel, but exactly what you would expect from a Marriott property

• Stayed April 2012
Kenneth C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear Krudean,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, as we love to hear from our guests. I am glad to hear we were able to meet your needs! Our staffs always strides to please our guests and are always happy to hear that their work had made a difference for your stay.

We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012 via mobile

I see the other reviews on service and after staying here for a week, with another 2 weeks to go, I must say the staff here is on it! If you have a problem, consider it handled. If you need to stay longer than expected, no problem. And the coffee? A non issue. I am relocating to Yakima and have been staying here until I find a permanent residence. The Monday-Wednesday gal that handles the breakfast is SO nice and helpful, even though new to the area I start every day feeling at ease. The bed is comfy, have no problems with wifi. I love it!! Sometime it's too bad, you only hear what a place does WRONG instead of the multiple things they do RIGHT. Good job Fairfield, we will continue to use you for our company travels and continue to recommend you to our cdl drivers!

Emmjay

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Emmjay0602,

Thank you for your encouraging comments. We appreciate hearing from you and have let the entire staff know that their efforts have not gone unnoticed.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I booked this hotel through priceline. The only thing that kept me from ranking this hotel as Excellent was my check in. I saw the parking lot was empty so I asked if I could have a room with two beds. The front desk agent said..."you are in a pre paid room and the best I have is a roll away". I wasn't about to argue as she was absolutely right. I was!! Just a quick note: my company makes us book through discount sites and almost ALWAYS for an upcharge of 10-20 dollars...they will give you a room choice especially if the hotel isn't full and its something as simple as room with two double beds. I do not fault the front desk agent for doing her job:-)

The room was in great shape and although very tight with the roll away...it was comfortable.

I travel a great deal to Yakima for work. This hotel is in a great location and is on the safer side of town with lots of restaurants and shopping within walking distance.

I would have ranked the service of this hotel as average until I went to breakfast the next morning. They truly have a gem running their breakfast. SO friendly and welcoming. I wish I caught her name because she deserves some sort of award. I observed and she knew all the regular guests and what they wanted. It was nice to see!!

I would reccomend this hotel to someone. It was clean, safe and the staff is friendly even if their policies towards Priceline customers are not.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Dougers79,

Thank you for your comments and concerns. We do value our guests input and are always looking for ways to improve our service.

Unfortunately Priceline reservations services online offers only specific room types that are offered that date, due to availability. The hotel cannot change room type without effecting the entire reservation. We are only able to change small requests such as floor preferences, and location. We apologize for any inconveniences guest experience using third party reservation systems.

We have let our staff read the reviews and congratulate them on service well done! Thank you again for your comments we have shared them with the staff and genuinely appreciate your comments.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima? Share your experiences!