“WMEA” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Yakima

You added Days Inn Yakima to your Saves list
Days Inn Yakima
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1504 N First St., I-82 Exit 31 / Hwy 12, Yakima, WA 98901   |
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Yakima

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

The staff was better than more expensive hotels I have stayed at. I did stop by at the larger hotel across the street, but saw that they didn't really offer anything more. I was glad I did. A young man that seemed to take welcoming the guest as a joy was the first thing that made me feel like I made the right choice. I just don't react well to staff that seem to be bothered doing their job or doing it like a robot. Seeing this young man juggle a few guest and having to speak more than one language made me feel at home (I'm from LA). The place looked nice and the price was right. I felt informed and comfortable asking questions at check in, that made me feel safe away from home. My friend from Yakima visited me in the room and said the place looks better inside than out. I agree the outside is an ugly color and there isn't much do do around there.

I would stay here again, just because they made me feel welcomed.

P.S. As for the review about smoking/discrimination due to race, I only saw minorities working at that hotel.

Room Tip: Call ahead as I do to ask and make request. Lot's of guest travel alone so the first rooms to go...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
DaysInnYakima, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Yakima, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. Staff-guest relations is one of the most important things at a hotel and we like to make sure that the guest feels welcome at our hotel. We're glad that you felt comfortable at our hotel and we hope you'll stay with us again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

This is an older hotel and it's obvious it needs some upgrading to areas. My room had a king bed that was the tallest bed I think I've ever seen. No kidding, it's about 3 feet or more off the ground. The "fridge" is a micro fridge, the kind you get your kid in college because it's cheap and small. The TV is an old tube type, replacing this would really make the room feel more updated. Breakfast is the typical cheap breakfast. If your looking for a cheap place to put your head for the night this will work, looking for the week I think I'd look at other places first.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Yakima? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Yakima

Address: 1504 N First St., I-82 Exit 31 / Hwy 12, Yakima, WA 98901
Location: United States > Washington > Yakima
#1 Best Value Hotel in Yakima
#9 Business Hotel in Yakima
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Yakima 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Yakima reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Yakima Days Inn

If you own or manage Days Inn Yakima, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.