“Good food, fun atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 220 Restaurants in Yakima
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Family Fare
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: Opened our doors in March of 2008, Serving the most authentic Mexican dishes in Yakima Try the Famous Mole de Oaxaca Made in House. Our most popular Carne Azada! And of course the Best Margaritas in Yakima!!
“Good food, fun atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Good Mexican food and great atmosphere and service!

Visited July 2012

DFW
“tasty but not healthy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Yummy salsa, excellent ceviche, well-spiced pollo asado (very heavy on oil though), so-so chile rellenos coupled with good service.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Yakima, WA
“Great food but stingy on the salsa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I have been to Xochimilco about 8 times. Every visit has left me stuffed and very pleased with my meal. I went with my wife in January 2012 and ordered the beef & chicken fajitas and they were simply amazing. Fresh peppers, onions, and meats, served with beans, rice and tortillas. My wife ordered the beef chimichanga and was also very happy with her meal. This place really does know how to cook good food.
The only problem that I have had with Xochimilco is them being stingy with the salsa. The last 3 times I have gone here, they have been hesitant to keep bringing us more salsa for our chips and our meals. One time in particular, a few months back, I brought some employees to Xochimilco for a birthday lunch. I had 3 big guys with me and they can put away some chips and salsa, but after a couple small bowls, she stopped asking us if we wanted more. Then when one of my employees asked for more, she hesitantly said okay, and brought back a half-full dish of salsa. I discounted the experience, until the next 2 times I went to Xochimilco with my wife and we received similar treatment when requesting additional salsa. I don't know what the deal is with their salsa here, but they treat the stuff like gold, and it is kind of annoying.
Overall though, I think this is one of the best mexican restaurants in town and I will be back soon to see if they try to skimp me on the salsa.

• Visited January 2012