“Weekend getaway to explore the area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Free Night Offer
Ranked #15 of 24 hotels in Yakima
Arlington, Washington
“Weekend getaway to explore the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My expectations were not real high after reading previous reviews but I wanted to stay at a hotel with a nice outdoor pool. I was really surprised by how clean and nice our suite was. Sure this place is old but everything was spotlessly clean...and I am very hard to please. Pool was very clean, pool towels were brought out regularly. Housekeeping staff was genuinely friendly. We stayed a Friday and Saturday night. Hotel was very crowded so didn't spend as much time by the pool as I wanted, but we did spend a day traveling to various nearby towns.
My only complaint was the sofa in the room was a bit "sinky" and the front desk staff was just in-different after the initial "hello" ok and the one bottle of water at ck in for two of us was really really cheap. We did have a great stay and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Garden area in "newer" part of hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
rlyakima, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am glad you gave us a try after reading the reviews about our hotel. Our associates take pride in our property and try hard to take care of our guests. I am sure many of our associates have already ready your nice comments.
Due to our two outdoor pools many people travel each year to spend time relaxing and just catching some sun rays by lounging around the pools.
There are mnay attractions close by and it sounds like you took advantage of some of the local events. I hope you had time to visit the Farmers Market on Sunday before you left.

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I rarely give five-star ratings but for a 3* hotel this one far exceeded my expectations. This is a very large and rambling conference center type hotel. The decor was slightly dated but outside of that everything was excellent. Wonderful front desk help, fastidious maintenance, great beds and bedding, nice towels, large rooms and bath. We stayed mid-week and it was quite quiet. Often times these conference centers show quite a bit of wear and tear but this was an exception.

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor facing the courtyard outside of the pool. Nice green space with table and ch...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
rlyakima, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you so much for the very nice comments. The employees take pride in our property. From the front desk, housekeeping and the maintenance crew everyone helps to make our property the best it can be. I will certainly pass your comments onto our entire team.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night, front desk was very helpful and friendly. Rooms were okay, a little over priced though. Could use an update. The lounge could also use an update but the bartender is amazing and chefs are great! The bartender had a fun bubbly personality and she was very attentive throughout my dinner. Pools are a plus, convenient having two especially with the heat!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your nice comments. I will share your comments with our entire staff and will make a special note to the Bubbly bartender, Stacey. We have secured some funding for updates later this year and for 2014.
Hoquiam, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Spent a Friday and Saturday night and found this to be and Excellent hotel with attentive and responsive desk staff. It would have gotten a 5 star rating except for the lousy service we received in the lounge dining room. Our 'waitress" was a manager but didn't seem to have ever waited table in her life. Brought my wife's salad and had to be asked for silverware. Later brought my dinner and then noticed that I didn't have any silverware either. Over 5 minutes after bringing my dinner she brought my wife's to her. The menu said her meal came with garlic bread which she loves. It came with a plain roll. The "waitress" said she could have the cook fix her some by we declined this offer as everything else seemed to take forever to get to us and we didn't want to wait. Other that this one area, it is a great hotel and the food is really excellent. We were there for a large organizational meeting and are looking forward to next years gathering at the Red Lion. WE WILL NOT BE VISITING THE LOUNGE, HOWEVER!

Room Tip: If you are older as we are, ask at checkin to have them try to keep you in an area where those with...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
rlyakima, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for your candid commments regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the service and food you received in out lounge on Friday night. I will work with our food and beverage team to make sure they have the tools and resources available to create a better experience for our guests going forward.
I was please to hear you did enjoy the other amenities our hotel had to offer.
I look forward to seeing you again next year.
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Used Priceline to get a great rate. Traveling with three small children; two queen beds and lots of room. Aircon was superb, considering it was 110 degrees.

Lots of places to eat near the hotel. Easy access to highway.

Room Tip: There are rooms where you enter from hallway and rooms where you enter from outside walkways, facing...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
rlyakima, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I certainly apprecaite your nice comments regarding your stay. Yes we are a little older style hotel and our employees take pride in what they do. We as noted we are located downtown next shops and places to dine. One of my favorit little shops in the Little Soapmaker. Maybe on your next visit you can ask me where they are located. Hope to see you again.
Spokane Valley, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

It had been over 20 years since I had stayed at this hotel and I was happy to see it still had some of the things I enjoyed as a frequent guest during my working years.
We had a room on the backside, with sliders to an inner courtyard. When we parked in front of the unit, we thought, oh, oh, this looks questionable. But, when we opened the door to find a beautifully decorated room and nice tiled bath with a huge shower, we were very pleased.
Loved the bed, pillows, linens, the comfy chair and the table and chairs out on our private patio in the courtyard. One wish though, the patio was filled with vegetative debris and cobwebs and the table and chairs very dusty, it would be nice to include this area in daily housekeeping. From the courtyard, it is an easy access to either of the two pools. Anyone that has visited Yakima in the summer knows that a great pool area is a big deal. Both of these were so well kept, lots of beautiful vegetation surrounding it and plenty of chairs and lounges. They even had an ADA assisted power lift into the pool.
I appreciated the refrigerator in the room as we had picked up some fruit to enjoy for breakfast and it kept our beverages nice and cold. Speaking of breakfast, we came down too late to partake of the Roaring Start breakfast, but the front desk clerk offered to see if they could put something together for us anyway. Nice touch.
The location of this property is very convenient not only for the adjoining convention center, but for walking through the downtown area, which has spiffed up considerably since my last visit.
This is an older hotel and I would imagine, as many sprawling, older properties like it, your experience will vary depending on which room you get. We couldn't have been happier with our Garden King room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at the Red Lion in Yakima for 2 nights during a wine tasting trip. I know it's not supposed to be 5 Star accommodations but there is no way it was even 3 stars!!
Both sides of the bathroom door looked like it had been in a flood with warped wood and paint peeling and chipping off. There was a 2' strip of wallpaper in the bedroom that had been peeled away. The breakfast buffet (which you pay for) wasn't able to accommodate the reservations that were made. We had to wait for food and the food service set up was ridiculous. No more than 1 person at a time could help themselves to the hot service items because the 3 main items were in a tiny 3 compartment server that you had to wait for.
We won't be back! We will go to the Holiday Inn Express where you get a more consistent experience and a FREE fantastic breakfast!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. We are very displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding the condition of your room and the breakfast buffet. I would like to assure you that these issue will be addressed accordingly with our staff.
Thank you for your feedback you are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you better service in the near future!

Been to Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center? Share your experiences!