“Nice surprise in Yakima!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #14 of 24 hotels in Yakima
Carnation, Washington
“Nice surprise in Yakima!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This road weary, tired, exhausted, business traveler just wanted a comfy place to rest and a glass of wine after a 3 hour sales call!
When I booked my stay however (in route to the hotel!) at the Howard Johnson in Downtown Yakima, I had no idea how nice my experience would be!
I noticed on my smart phone the rating was 3 stars, (better than the Red Lyon or Holiday Inn in the same vicinity) but what secured the 'deal' for me was thier mid-week value rate of only $55.00 per night!!
After checking in at the front desk with the very friendly staff..and securing a King room at this great rate..I headed for my room. When I opened the door, I said aloud to myself; "This is every bit as nice as the Hilton Garden Inn"! (where I last stayed when in town.) The room was large, freshly painted, new carpet, king size VERY comfy bed and pillows, "designer" bedding and furnishings...A VERY NICE SURPRISE!!
After putting down my things I went back down stairs; "did you say something about a bar"??!!
I then headed to a very nice intimate bar on the main floor for that glass of wine! (local wines from this 'wine country' area!) The bartender; Tammy could not have been more friendly..nor the other patrons more chatty and pleasant!
I slept very well in my quiet, dark, comfortable room...and will come back again and again when in the area for business. (or fun!)

Room Tip: I don't ever stay on a ground floor room when traveling alone..and I don't like to 'drag...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
hojoyakima, General Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Yakima/Near Convention Center, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
I am glad we exceeded your expectations; and we are thankful that you stayed with us during your stop in Yakima! I appreciate your comments and will pass on to the staff, especially Tammy; she is a great asset to us here! We look forward to welcoming you once again; safe travels to you!

231 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
CHUBBUCK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

What a surprise to find two king sized beds. It was great! Was traveling with friends and we had to share beds so this worked out very well. Breakfast the next morning was better than most free ones I have had. Would recommend this Howard Johnsons!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Been to Howard Johnson Plaza Yakima/Near Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Plaza Yakima/Near Convention Center

Address: 9 North 9th Street, Yakima, WA 98901
Location: United States > Washington > Yakima
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #14 of 24 hotels in Yakima
Hotel Class:3 star — Howard Johnson Plaza Yakima/Near Convention Center 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Wyndham, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Howard Johnson Plaza Yakima/Near Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Plaza Yakima Hotel Yakima
Howard Johnson Yakima
Yakima Howard Johnson

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Plaza Yakima/Near Convention Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.