“Big help” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Olympia, Washington, United States
“Big help”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Well to start off with I was at the DOT Conference with my wife Liz M and she was the IT tech for this event. Our room was 525. I came over because the wife had taken ill and at this point I needed to help her so she could do her job. That's where the staff comes in. I had to do a lot of running around to do to help my wife, so I let Juan know that the conference was going on and he provided me with great info and help to find what I needed to make through my day!

I was going in and out of my room 10 to 15 times in a day while I was there and the cleaning ladies were in my room and every time I came in they left so I could get the things I needed and they were very polite and they got the room done. At the end of the cleaning day I got a knock at the door and they asked if they had missed anything because of me being in and out so much. They had great patience with me and smiles from them nothing but good to say over all. Juan, Monica and Alicia gave me the best info and taken the time to suit my needs. I will be back for this is one of the best places I have stayed!! Thank you!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
AliciaDOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Hi Robert,

Thank you for your great review! It was our pleasure hosting your stay here. This is our second transportation conference in just a few months and we all love having the WSDOT conference attendees at our hotel. Everyone is always so great and easy to work with. We want to thank you for your kind words about all of our staff and I will definitely share the message with them. We definitely would love to host your next stay when you are in Yakima!

Thank you again and safe travels to you both,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Olympia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

We really enjoyed this hotel. The staff were friendly and very helpful. We were treated excellent by all of the staff especially Juan. The rooms are very spacious, beautiful, comfortable and the bed was awesome! The wi-fi was great. I am looking forward to going back to this hotel. I am going to recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Elizabeth M,

Thank you so much for your great review! I am very glad that you loved our hotel and will recommend it to others. I will also tell Juan about your review - I know he will enjoy that you wrote his name on TripAdvisor! We would love to see you again next time you are in Yakima.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn. The rooms were very spacious and clean (and comfy). The service was excellent, even when it was super crazy busy with them hosting tons of people for a tennis tournament. The gym is small, but hardly anyone goes in there, so there was plenty of equipment for my needs. The pool was small, but big enough for kids to have fun. We were sad to leave this hotel--will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
AliciaDOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Hello Nikki M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback - it is great to hear how our customers feel about our property and gives our management team honest feedack that we can use to make our hotel a better place for all of our future guests! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you will be returning in the future. The gym that was have here does have just basics. Next time you are at our hotel, please feel free to ask our front desk for a day-pass to our local YMCA. It is just a few blocks away and we offer a complimentary day-pass for all of our guests. They have a huge variety of workout equipment and swimming pool! Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to hosting your next stay in the beautiful Yakima Valley!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Weak Internet, great beds! We were disappointed that it didn't include breakfast, but it was a good value, right across from the Conference Center. We don't usually stay at Holiday Inns, but will start to give them a second look after staying at this one.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
AliciaDOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Hello ChristineNR,

I am sorry to hear that you didn't love your stay with us! If we have the opportunity to host your stay in the future, which I hope we do, please always ask our front desk if there are any issues with wifi! We have an excellent help service that we use at our hotel and our front desk agents often know little tricks with certain devices to make them work great on our wifi! Because Holiday Inn Brand Hotels are full-service hotels, we do not offer breakfast included in our standard rates, but we do have an excellent cook-to-order breakfast menu in our 8th Street Bistro. Holiday Inn Express Brand hotels do offer the deluxe breakfast buffet in the mornings. We very much appreciate your feedback, it is very important to us. We want to have a hotel that our guests love and we'd love for you to stay with us again.

Thank you again and safe travels to you,
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

this is not a review of the actual hotel but the cancellation policy. i booked a room a few weeks earlier and then needed to cancel a full week before the trip but apparently i bought a special rate that takes an automatic 1 night's stay non-refundable deposit. they were unwilling to make an exception and offer any refund. what a crock.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
AliciaDOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Hello vgriff,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear about this mix-up you had regarding the room that you reserved. On our website we have two different options for reserving rooms. We have an advanced deposit discount which states that it requires an advanced deposit and is non-refundable and it sounds like this is the type of reservation that you made. We also have our Best Flex Rates available which honors our 24-Hour cancellation policy. These reservations do not require an advanced deposit and are 100% refundable if cancelled at least 24 hours prior to check-in. We do hope to have the opportunity to host your stay in the future. We'd love to show you that we are a great hotel that our guests love!
Puyallup, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed here on our way to Couer D'Alene ID and I was pleased!! The hotel is clean and comfortable. Since it was a short stay I don't have a ton to report but the bed was so so so comfortable! The front desk girl wS courteous and efficient. I will definitely stay again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
AliciaDOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Hello Danielle C,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We very much appreciate you sharing your experience with our future guests! We value your feedback and are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are excited that you will be back next time you are in Yakima. Thank you again.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

It's nice that you can count on Holiday Inn to be fairly consistent across the country.

Holiday Inn in Yakima is good. Clean rooms, friendly staff.

The only downside is that the lounge closes at 9 pm. When you travel a long way to get here, it would be nice to have a nightcap.

Stayed July 2014
AliciaDOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Hello valued guest,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and our staff! We take pride in both at our Yakima property! We value your feedback and I will pass along your comment that we should keep our 8th Street Bistro to our management. Feedback is important to us and helps us to create a great hotel that all of our guests love.

We would love to have you back as our guest next time you are in Yakima!

Safe travels,

Been to Holiday Inn Yakima? Share your experiences!