“Holiday Inn Yakima” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 24 hotels in Yakima
Bend, OR
“Holiday Inn Yakima”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We have NJROTC competitions in Yakima and our hotel of choice is always the Holiday Inn. This Holiday Inn is one of the nicest I have stayed in, rooms are so nice, beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are roomy. the times I have stayed there has always been some sort of sporting event, so the hall ways can tend to be noisy at late hours, but that is my only complaint, overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Manager802, Manager at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear lisantrvl,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am delighted to hear that we are your hotel of choice when visiting the Yakima area. We appreciate you loyalty.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your guest room, your comfortable beds and the spacious bathrooms! I appreciate your feedback on the noise level in the hallways during sporting weekends. I will pass this information on to our staff, so that we can continue to monitor hallways during these times in an effort to ensure all of our guests can enjoy a quiet room.

Jenny J.

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family and I have stayed in a lot of hotels in the fifty dollar price range and this one is by far the nicest. It's comfort, cleanliness, and good service is more like those hotels that charge closer to one hundred dollars. We will definitely stay here again when we come back to Yakima and really hope they don't realize they are under charging. :)

Room Tip: We had two rooms, one on each side and both were good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manager802, Manager at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear jenjonesbc,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay, and that you found our hotel to be clean, comfortable, and our staff friendly!

These are all things our staff takes great pride in, and I will be sure to pass your kind words along to everyone.

Kirkland, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

His was my second stay for business and will continue to use this hotel. The staff is very professional and helpful. Ideal location with the Yakima Convention Center right across the street. Easy Internet access and nice work space in the room. Beds are firm but not hard and they give you a couple of choices of pillows to use. Don't miss the breakfast specials, good way to start the day!

Room Tip: I like the third and forth floors..........nice views!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jim F,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff professional and helpful! I will pass your kinds words along to them.

I am also happy that you found your room to be comfortable, including your pillow options and great Internet speed, and that you enjoyed the view of our beautiful valley.

You are right - our breakfast specials are a great way to start the day!

We look forward to having you here with us in the future!

Jenny J.
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

When I arrived at the Yakima Holiday Inn, after a dificult four-hour drive over the Cascades, the last thing I wanted to hear was, "We can't find your reservation." I had to hassle with the desk about the missing reservation, then found out they still had rooms available. I was not able to get it at the group rate (which I had originally booked) and had to hassle three more times before things were resolved.

Having said that, I still left the hotel two days later uncertain about whether or not I was going to be billed for a "no show" on the missing reservation.

The room was quiet, the bed was comfortable, the view of the sunrise over the eastern Yakima hills was spectacular, and the one breakfast I ate at the hotel restaurant was good. I just had this gnawing feeling the whole time I was there because of the desk hassles. The whole time I was wondering about the principle of "the customer is always right." If I had been met with an apology, and the attitude that he would take care of it, things could've been different.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear VolkertV,

Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay with us. It delights me you enjoyed the view of the Yakima hills from your quiet room. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm sorry your stay was negatively affected by the hotel front desk staff service and regret you encountered some issues with your reservation. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We are hospitality professionals and strive to be the best.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Was in Yakima on business and stayed at this hotel. Our conference was at the Convention Center, which is just "kiddy-corner" across the street so the location was great. This hotel is quite new and very nice. The restaurant/bar was good, prices were average for a hotel property. The rooms were set up smartly, with a great desk area (complete with plenty of places to plug in chargers and computers) and plenty of space around the beds, desk and seating areas. Also, very quiet. The beds themselves were quite nice, clean and comfortable! The bathroom area was fine, and they provided EXTRA shampoo, conditioner and soap, which is always nice! The fitness room was a bit small, but hardly anyone ever uses that (or so it seems when I travel) so I never had to wait for anything. The fitness center and pool/hot tub area were open 24 hours w/ your room key, and that was really great. Typically hotels close the pool from 10-10 so I never get to swim!

The location is great if you are doing anything in "downtown Yakima." We were able to walk to many different restaurants and bars.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Alisha H,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay, and that you found our location convenient to both the Yakima Convention Center and local area downtown attractions!

I am so glad you enjoyed our restaurant, the comfort of your room, and the 24-hour availability of our fitness center and pool area!

I will be sure to pass your kind words along to everyone on our team.

Des Moines, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We chose this hotel because it had the best reviews of all the pet-friendly hotels in Yakima. We don't have a pet, but my in-laws were bringing their dog. We have a 4 yr old, though, and the hotel was very accomodating giving us a large room with a pull-out bed for our child. They also provided plenty of ammenities and snacks as Priority Club members, which was nice. They also accomodated our request for a late check-out time. However, there was quite a bit of noise overnight from other guests, which disturbed some of us. One other complaint: the tile deck around the pool was WAY too slick when walking with wet feet. Definitely a hazard. Also the hot tub was way too hot for mere humans. Still, it was nice that the pool and excercise facilities are available 24 hours a day.

Dear JMacMom,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear you found our hotel to be accommodating of your 4-year-old, that you enjoyed your Priority Club Reward gift bag, and that we were able to offer you a late checkout!

I am sorry to hear you experienced some noise during your stay, and that you had some issues with our pool and hot tub area. I appreciate your feedback, and have addressed these concerns with our Director of Engineering for resolution.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments, and we look forward to having you here with us the next time you are in Yakima!

Midland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel was great it was clean friendly staff the housekeeping was spottless. The food there was awesome. So glad we stayed there and i would go back in a heartbeat. We felt very safe there close to some shops and expressway. Stay there you will like it.

Dear bmw3392,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay, and that you found our hotel to be clean, our food great, and our staff friendly!

These are all things our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback, and I will be sure to pass your kind words along to everyone.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Holiday Inn Yakima? Share your experiences!