“Home away from Home” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 24 hotels in Yakima
Washington State
“Home away from Home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

My daughters soccer team had a tournament in Yakima, WA and we all stayed at the Comfort Suites on Fruitvale Blvd. I was extremely impressed with this Hotel. The Front Desk Staff was the freindliest of any Hotel I have ever stayed in. They were exremely helpful, and went above and beyond being accomodating. Tammy you Rock! The rooms were very clean, and comfortable, everything worked properly from the alarm clock to the Air Conditioner! The continental breakfast was nothing fancy, but at the same time, it was better than most! Both days, there was a hot food item, fresh fruit, muffins, pastries, bagels, toast, yougurts, multiple juices, milk, coffee, and lets not forget the make it yourself waffles!! A big hit with my daughter! Although The Hotel is not located in the "DownTown" area of Yakima, there was plenty to do. Several Restaraunts including a Shari's, McDonalds, Taco Bell, and Subway were all within walking distance, there was a Fred Meyers just down the road. The only complaint I have about this hotel or our room is that there was a loose floor tile in the bathroom in front of the bathtub....that's it...that's all could find to complain about!!

• Stayed May 2009

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

I have stayed at this motel several times when visitng my family in Yakima. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The beds are comfortable with quality linens and pillows that you would expect in a luxury hotel. There are restaurants and groceries available within walking distance and the location is convenient to the freeway with easy access to any where in the Yakima Valley. On our most recent trip we needed a motel room at the last minute on a Friday night and the girl at the front desk was so friendly and helpful. This is always my choice when I visit Yakima.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

My stay at the comfort suites was great. At check in i was greeted by a very friendly desk clerk, and offered delicious cookies. After a long day drive i just wanted to eat dinner and go to bed. There are plenty of restaurants around so i walked to grab my dinner. The beds are AWESOME, they are by far the most comfortable beds i have stayed in. Overall this is a great hotel. All the desk clerks, and breakfast attendant make you feel so welcomed. I will absolutely stay here everytime i come into Yakima.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
George wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

My family and i had the best stay there at the comfort suites,the staff was great and my grandkids were in heaven with the pool. Shopping within walking distance was great.The breakfast was wonderful and filling.

wearytraveler882009
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2009

I travel quite often for business. I am always looking for hotels that are comfortable and in convenient locations.
First I was greeted by a very friendly desk staff. It took no time to check me in. She then told me the stuff they provide at the hotel like the 24hr fitness room and pool and hot tub. That is a great thing when you have sore muscles from driving. Then I went to my room. The room was plush and spacious. While doing my work on the free fast internet I smelled something DELICIOUS! Cookies...every evening...fresh baked!!! YUM!! The bed...WOW!! What can I say about the bed...I haven't slept that well on the road in a long time. It was a quiet hotel even though they were quite full. after a great nights sleep I went down for breakfast. They had everything a person could want. I love the waffles. It was so easy to get checked out. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants fresh baked cookies, comfortable beds, great breakfast, and friendly and knowledgeable staff.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Mukilteo, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2008

This hotel has become completely non-smoking, but they accept pets now. Our kids are allergic to dogs and cats, and when I made the reservation online, a "non-pet" room was not offered, so I had to call to request. If you want a room where no pets have been, you are limited to the ground floor; pets are allowed in all rooms on all upper floors. (This seemed odd to us -- are there really that many pets traveling with families? At any rate, shouldnt people be asked their preference, as we used to be with smoking?)

Our room was not cleaned well. When we arrived, the bedside lamps would not turn on; they had been unplugged. So I pulled back the lightweight table to plug them in, and found potato chips, sunflower seeds and a card key. (Would have taken 20 seconds for maid to do this and vacuum under there.) Found little scraps of paper on the floor and under bed. Bulb in bathroom burned out, black mold on wallpaper above shower.

Complimentary breakfast was okay; lots of starchy stuff. Room was quiet.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
cjaysus, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 27, 2009
We apoligize for any inconvenience to you.We do have rooms for pets and sometime other guest do not tell the staff at check in that they have a pet.We do had pet policies.Thank You for your responce.
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

Certainly Yakima has little to offer by way of tourism, and the hotel selection is meager to begin with. The relatively better reviewed hotels were booked on the night of my one-night stop, so settled in at Comfort Suites.

It was a serviceable hotel if you simply need a place to sleep. Clean room, polite staff, comfortable beds, and a few cable channels. There is a Fred Meyer and Starbucks a short walk away.

Otherwise wholly unremarkable, and rather a stretch from what serves as Yakima's hub of activity. Other hotels are better sited to the neighborhood where there are several restaurants, bars and so on.

It's the sort of place I find a little depressing, in its sterile standardized and cheap style, as well as its isolation. But, if you just need a place to sleep, you could do worse.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!