“Beware "Handicapped" Rooms - They're Not” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newberg, OR
“Beware "Handicapped" Rooms - They're Not”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place is quite dated and dowdy. Needs a redo. But the main issue for us was the inadequate handicapped room. It had a bathtub (!!!) not a walk or roll-in shower, there was not enough room to get a wheelchair around in the room etc. Only good thing is that it connected to another room where my father-in-law's caregiver stayed, so she could more easily help him out. If an accessible room is important to you, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your review. Your information is helpful. We did have your guest in a room with roll shower but it did not have connecting doors. You wanted connecting door instead of roll in shower. So i explained the difference to you. You and your guest went up to the rooms if it did not work for you we could have changed it back original roll in shower. Had we known there was a problem at the time.

Connie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2014

Looking for a hotel close to family. Very worn out and felt dirty. The water in the hot tub was so cloudy it couldn't have been safe. Breakfast was just ok but the best part was checking out and going home to take a shower. Wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
cjaysus, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 19, 2014
Thank you for your review.

Olympia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

Just a regular good hotel. Close to the freeway. Pool was open 24 hours but we didn't use it. The only think I found really disappointing was that breakfast only went until 9 which seems too early for a Saturday morning. It was very crowded still at 8:45. Also, I don't think their sausage gravy was up to food serving standards. (140 degrees for holding hot foods) It was in a crock pot on a very low setting. It was not hot at all and there was no microwave to heat it up.
Other than that our room was satisfactory, except we paid for a room with Queen size beds, but they were very tiny and couldn't possibly be classified as "Queen sized".

Stayed November 2014
cjaysus, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 19, 2014
Your on line review is much appreciated. And thank you for your stay. We value all guest reviews and find ways to make our guest stay enjoyable.

Cape Cod
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

We stayed at this Comfort Suites after having a last minute change of plans. We booked late so are assuming that is why we were given a handicap accessible room, which we did not need or request. Our particular room seemed a bit tired and worn although clean enough with a comfortable bed. The breakfast was good with plenty of variety and the staff did a great job servicing it. Nice staff.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
cjaysus, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 19, 2014
Thank you for your review of your stay on Trip Advisor. We hope that we can serve you in your future stays in Yakima.
Thank as well for staying with us.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

VERY well run property with ultra comfy beds (and my back is very, very picky). TONS of pillows - 5 on a king bed - some HARD and some SOFT so you can use whichever pillows work best for you. Right by freeway, so if that kind of thing bothers you, request a room facing away from freeway.

Suite has a sofa with small coffee table, a 2-person "dinette" table with a charging device loaded with: 3 gorunded outlets and 2 USB chargers, data port (not that anyone uses these anymore), telephone, small light. Everything is either newer, or kept up beautifully.

Breakfast was in a HUGE room with places to sit (and one spot to plug in your computer if you need to). Hot breakfast, with eggs, waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal, juices, etc. included with your stay.

This entire hotel is NON-SMOKING, as are all Comfort Suites. So if you smell smoke (per one previous reviewer) complain to front desk and they will move you and they will also charge the previous guest in that room a HUGE cleaning fee to remove smoke smell. Dana's review Oct 2014 was troubling, but we had absolutely NO problems, and the front desk staff was accommodating.

One disturbing event: in the breakfast room, the worker who was cleaning up was obviously sick, with running nose. She repeatedly wiped her nose with her hand, then used her bare hand (no gloves) to brush crumbs off of countertops etc. GROSS. I let the front desk know, and they were stunned and shocked, talked to the girl immediately.

Our room: 319. Lots of highway noise, but doesn't bother us, so we leave the quieter rooms for others who DO get bothered by road noise.

Shari's Restaurant across the street. Mexican restaurant next door.

Complaints: chairs at "desk/dinette" are uncomfortable for working for any length of time. I probably wouldn't stay here for an extended work stay, based on that alone. I'm spoiled by real desks and real office chairs at BW.

Room Tip: If road/highway noise bothers you, request a room away from highway. Trucks run all night.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 13, 2014
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.
Olympia, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2014

Checked in on business late October 2014. My room was smelly like cigarette smoke. My co-workers room was not. I thought I could handle it as I'm not typically a complainer but the next morning I had a horrible headache. When I mentioned it to the front desk, they just shrugged and said that ever since the fire, those rooms on that end smell like smoke. Well that wasn't true because the room next to me didn't smell like smoke and it was clearly cigarette smoke, not smoke from a fire. I went to work and came back at lunch and they informed me I could move to a new room. So I did. (They rented my old room the same day to someone else who also complained). Went back to work and when I arrived to my new room after work, I got my things settled as I was staying for a week, and went about my business. Went to bed looking forward to a great night sleep. No sooner had I turned the light off and snuggled in, I heard what was clearly a rodent chewing through carpeting in the corner! My co-worker came to investigate and we found the carpet in the corner of the room loose and when pushed down, a hole was behind.... Reported this to the front desk.... 10PM. I ended up sleeping in my co-workers room and checked out the next day. Went to the Ledgestone and stayed the rest of the time there. I was refunded the charge for the 2nd night but there is no way I would ever recommend anyone to stay there. Gross!

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Our guest’s comments and concerns are our biggest tools in helping us know how we might best serve our future guests. It is unfortunate that we were not able to meet your needs during your stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.
We had our pest control company inspect the room in question, they verified that there were no signs of any “rodent” in the room or has there been.
Sequim, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

Had a great stay here over Columbus Day weekend. Room was comfy and clean. Everything worked. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was plentiful. On a main road, Fruitvale Blvd, so convenient to eateries, hwys, etc. We had a ground floor room, right by an exterior door, making it easy for us to bring our bikes in at night. Next time we will remember our swimsuits as it would have been great to relax in the hot tub or pool after our bike rides on the Yakima Greenway trail. Will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 16, 2014
Great Place To Stay,

Thank for your review on Trip Advisor our staff greatly appreciate knowing that they helped make your stay a nice while you visited Yakima.So nice to hear you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to serving you in the future.

Connie

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!