“Above and beyond good service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Vancouver, Washington
“Above and beyond good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I had a very bad experience in booking our room by an outside source. When we arrived Assistant Manager Tracy called this outside source and straightened everything out even though it took an extra 1/2 hr. past her long shift. She went on beyond her duty and it was much appreciated as she saved us a considerable amount of money. We have stayed here for years and the rooms as well as the service is always excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank for your wounderful comment on Trip Advisor. Tracy was very excited about your comment as well,our staff take pride in costomer service.

Connie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bellevue, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

During the visit, received several knocks on the door while in the shower. Doing my best to identify who was at the door they did not answer, though assumed it was room-cleaning service and stated that not to come in and come back at a later time.

After several minutes, while still in the shower, knocking at the door again. At this point, I exclaimed to for those at the door to come back at a later time, only to hear the door open (note: my bathroom door was open). I immediately exclaimed that I was taking a shower and for the staff to leave. To my surprise, after hurriedly finishing my shower, the door to the room was ajar with staff peering in and talking.

I hastily wrapped a towel around myself and rushed to the door, only to see the GM demanding entry to replace a cable box, while also demanding that I get dressed so they could complete the task.

When I exclaimed that I was undressed and their behavior was inappropriate, I shut the door, only to hear something slam against the door (perhaps a kick or an object).

Completely unprofessional GM and unacceptable, aggressive behavior.

First time ever writing a review, and definitely calling on ownership go take accountability and reprimand errant, unprofessional behavior by management.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
I apologize for my any of my actions that made you less that comfortable.

Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We stay at this hotel at least a couple of times a year because of it's location. It is the only hotel on this end of town and my family lives near here. We visit several times a year and stay at the hotel when visiting. We joined their 'loyalty' program. However there seems to be NO loyalty provided. We just made a reservation for Mother's Day weekend. They require 14 DAYS cancellation and increased the price of the standard room we usually rent by almost 50%. We have no choice but to stay here. But it leaves a bad taste in our mouth.
It's clean the people are nice. The management ... let's just say I'd go elsewhere if I had a choice.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Loyalty
Thank you for your review,there is a 14 day cancel for large groups. I can assure you your regular cancelation applies to you. You are a valuable customer to us and we want to make staying with us enjoyable. Please contact me at the Comfort Suites so I can help with this reservation. Your loyalty is very important to us.

Newberg, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This room was reserved by the company I was working for at an event over the weekend. I was exhausted when I arrived after a VERY long day of work and probably not in the best of moods. When I walked in I was greeted by Dan. WONDERFUL customer service from this man! I stated who I was and he already had my room key ready to go!I had forgotten a lint brush and was in desperate need of one. I didn't really think that they would actually have one but, Dan was asked and instead of just saying no they didn't because he was unsure he asked me if I would mind waiting while he checked for me.....WOW! most people just say no and leave it at that but, not Dan....he went and double checked for me and to my surprise had one! The beds were VERY comfortable ,the rooms are nice, clean and very comfortable. The staff is A+++ and truly made you feel at home and welcomed. When I checked out early the next morning Dan had said " I hope you have a great day and don't work to hard" Thanks Dan!!I

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments about Dan. It is so good to hear that Dan make your check in as easy as possiable.And it is awesome that you would take your time to let us know how your stay was at Comfort Suites.
We look forward to serving you if your travel plans brings you our way again.

Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Pleasant reception staff, clean room with new mattress & topper. Wifi is average speed. Extra electrical outlets were provided at the room's desk, which was an unexpected surprise. Enjoyable one night stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Clean & Quiet

Thank you for taking your time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We like to know how we are doing with our service to our guest. We hope to serve you again when visiting Yakima.

Kirkland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Went for the weekend to watch a baseball game and the first time staying here. Upon arrival, everything was perfect: friendly and helpful front-desk personnel, spacious and exceedingly clean room, and the most comfortable bed. The hotel was quiet and I appreciated the extra effort the person checking me in did to see if I qualified for a AAA discount when I asked; I booked my room online and at time, this option was not mentioned. Well done, Comfort Suites!

Stayed March 2014
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
"I'll be back,

Thank you for taking time to respond about our staff and rooms. We appreciate all comments so much. It makes our staff very happy to read that our guest were pleased with their stay. We hope to serve you again on your next visit to Yakima.

Bellevue, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I used Trip Advisor's ratings to select this lodging in the first place, and found previous occupants' evaluations to be accurate: comfortable room with a very pleasant and useful seating area in addition, clean and updated facilities, and a pleasant, helpful staff. Although its breakfast offering was listed as "continental-style," to my wife and my pleasant surprise it also turned out to offer eggs and waffles in addition to cereal, yogurt, juices, milk, etc. This probably saved us $15-$20 for not having to go elsewhere for breakfast.

Recommended!

Room Tip: Occupancy did not seem to be a problem and, while it is located on a thoroughfare, it is not busy in...