“My Home Away From Home in Yakima” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 25 hotels in Yakima
Desert Hot Springs, California, United States
“My Home Away From Home in Yakima”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stay often at this particular Comfort Suites as my Company's home office is in Yakima and the office complex is actually in the very same parking lot!! This makes it very convenient. But even more important than the convenience are the PEOPLE who work there! I love them all but Shelley deserves special kudos!! Her face is always smiling, her disposition always pleasant, and she takes time to get to know her guests (if they give her the time!) Absolutely everyone I have encountered personally has been friendly yet professional. The rooms are clean and comfortable, though they could use better lighting for us workaholics who like to work at all hours of the day and night!! And occasionally the shower heads spray in a million different directions, but when I bring that issue to someone's attention, they find a way to tame the showerhead beast!! I will continue to consider this hotel my "home-away-from-home" whenever my travels take me to Yakima, whether for work or for play! Thanks Comfort Suites Yakima!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Let me start by thanking you for the review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our Comfort Suites in Yakima
We are thoroughly pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Also thank you for mentioning our staff that really means a lot to all of them seeing our guest noticed there service. We are very pleased that you have chosen Comfort Suites in Yakima for your home away from home.

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Pros: The front desk staff was friendly and the breakfast was plentiful.

Cons: The room was in need of a refresh--dirty carpet and tired decor. Not really a suite--more of a room with a saggy hideabed. And nobody cleaned our room. (Sorry, housekeeper--no tip for you.)

Not horrible, but it's possible to do better for the price.

• Stayed September 2013
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the feedback and I do apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. Please know that we have addressed the issues that you mentioned regarding your room.

Best Regards
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Many of our family members stayed at this hotel for a sad occasion, our mother's memorial service. It was like staying WITH family; the staff was warm, went out of their way to be accommodating, never without a smile. The family morning forays into the breakfast room were so pleasant; we could visit and munch at our leisure. Our room was also very nice with free WIFI, which was a plus. I wish I could take this hotel and especially its staff everywhere I need to stay somewhere away from home!!

Room Tip: The first floor may accommodate pets, so if you don't have one, stay on 2nd or 3rd!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for rating our hotel on TripAdvisor! It’s nice to hear that you were pleased not only with our hotel but the staff as well. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! It is a pleasure knowing that you were taken care of by our staff. Our employees take a lot of pride in their work and strive to make all our guests feel right at home!

Connie Webb G.M
lake stevens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We recently stayed at the Yakima, WA Comfort Suites and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Rooms were clean, continental breakfast was very good and the staff - the staff was the best I've seen. Friendly, helpful and went the extra mile. Kudos Yakima Comfort Suites staff!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hinmanro,lake stevens

Let me start by thanking you for awesome review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our Comfort Suites in Yakima
We are thoroughly pleased that you enjoyed your stay. It is our pleasure to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We strive daily to make sure all of our guests have a satisfying experience.
Again, thanks for taking the time and we look forward to seeing you again!

Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

After checking in, I immediately checked TA to make sure the reviewed property was where I stayed and it was. This property is in serious need of refurbishing and looks like a budget hotel. Upholstery on one chair was badly stained, light bulbs on an inexplicable sconce did not match, bathroom grout was cracked and missing, the sink was cracked, and the cheap furnishings had seen better days. Cleanliness was marginal. And a suite where the only place you could sit to watch TV was the bed? Breakfast was served in an unattractive room and of a quality not up to similar hotels. You can do better.

• Stayed September 2013
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate you staying with us, all though I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations! You brought up some good points, and let me assure you that your concerns will be forwarded on to our management company.

Sincerely

Connie Webb G.M
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was nervous seeking for a hotel for the first time in Yakima for a business trip. Clean and updated hotels are important to me. When I first arrived, the receptionist was very friendly. A good sign. Most of my time was spent out for work. I tried the complimentary breakfast the next day. It could be improved. I've had better at Best Western Plus. The location was great as it was close to work, but it was away from the downtown area. The price could be less for this place.

• Stayed August 2013
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you and we apperciate your stay with us.

Best Regards,

Kennewick, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The rooms are clean, the bed is comfortable. We travel a lot so I always ask for a room on the top floor. Being one side to the hotel is on a main street and a clear shot to the freeway, there is noise, so asked for the quiet side. They told me I could not have the quiet side because I had booked a king bed and all kings beds are on the noisy side ??? The hotel was not full, spending two to three months a year for pleasure or business travel, we have always been given a room if space was available, the next week I was given a room on the quiet side, much better, but I had to beg for it. The A/C is one that goes off and on all night so does not help, along with the loud little fridge doing the same. Next week, back to the noise. Breakfast was the usual, everyone is pleasant. BUT, if you want to sleep make sure you pay extra for the queen beds on the quiet side. I have a one year contract, not going back for this reason alone. If I had the queen beds I would be staying there and happy....oh well can't win them all.

Room Tip: Quiet side, but you then have to pay more for two queens, even if you are a single person. If you m...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 15, 2013

I want to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced at Comfort Suites. I have looked into this and have spoke with my staff concerning this.I apologize again and I do hope that we can servie you again

Connie

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!