“not quite there” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Yakima Valley Hotel and Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Yakima Valley Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Yakima Valley Hotel and Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1507 North First Street, Yakima, WA 98901 (Formerly Clarion Hotel & Conference Center)   |
Ranked #13 of 24 hotels in Yakima
Tenino, Washington
“not quite there”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

this hotel has the possibility of being an affordable destination hotel in Yakima. looks like some upgrading has been done, however the workmanship is horrific. Our air conditioning did not work in 107 temp. They fixed almost immediately with another ancient unit that worked. we were there for a conference so large amount of people eating at one time, they had DIFFICULTY keeping up. kitchen staff needs to be replaced. Food was low quality. Everything was standard or just below. Salad bar was bare bones. They are in an area that grows everything, but non was offered. In summation, this hotel has the possibilities to be a great place if there were a step up in quality.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Silverdale, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I was there with my son's baseball team. The free breakfast and dinner was perfect! All we wanted to think about was baseball, it was nice to have meals covered. Not gourmet but hearty enough to fill you up. Clean and spacious rooms, lots of TV channels, 2 clean pools, staff was friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

While the motel needs a lot of updating in areas, we found our room clean and comfortable. Staff were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was ok. If you expect a full meal it might be best to go somewhere else. As far as a free beakfast , its about the normal fare. Never ate supper there so unable to say. I would stay here again, if I were ever back in the area. Very acceptable room rates.

Room Tip: Stay in a ground floor wing room. Ours was very quiet.
Wallace, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel was excellent in terms of customer service, clean and friendly. Very helpful front desk and housekeeping. My only sideways comment is the use of plastic and paper in the coffee shop. I prefer the feel and texture of glass and stainless flatwares.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

THE GOOD: Easy check in. Lots of free parking. Nice breakfast. Convenient.
THE BAD: Filthy carpet-I kept my socks on the whole time. Terrible housekeeping- found the counters still sticky with some kind of red syrup; needs updating
Try the Best Western across the street. NOTE: if you've never been to Yakima, don't worry about getting around town. It's a small place and any hotel is only about 15 minutes from anywhere in town

Room Tip: None. All similar
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff was friendly and helpful and my room(s) clean. This establishment does not keep the air conditioning on and maintain a comfort level within the room. The day I checked in, it was 100+ in Yakima, and when I went in the room, it was very hot. I turned on the air conditioner and left to sit by the pool while the room cooled down. When I returned, I discovered the air conditioner was not working. I was given a second room and again, it was hot. Believe it or not, that air conditioner was also not working, so I had to move all my stuff yet again to a third room. It took until 1:00 am to get the room cooled down to 74 degrees, running the air conditioner at full blast. Needless to say, I did not have a good nights rest. However, the beds are comfortable. Dinner and breakfast buffets are offered, but if you are looking for healthy options, you won't find them here. Dinner consisted of frozen succotash, fried potatoes, fried chicken, and the salad bar not well stocked. The iceberg lettuce was brown, the spinach wilted and very few toppings. Breakfast options included cereal, eggs benedict (I think they were from the freezer section and heated up, but I didn't eat them so not sure), breakfast potatoes and sausage. All in all, my stay was a true disappointment and I won't return or recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
Watervliet, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First off let me say we are in week 3 of a 3 week vacation so we have stayed at a lot of motels. Incomparison the Yakima Valley Hotel does need some work. I'm going to list the pros and cons
Pros
Very spacious rooms
comfortable beds
free dinner and breakfast included in the room price which makes this a very reasonable place to stay.
walk out balcony on 2nd floor, and patio on 1st floor.
Nice pool
Rooms clean
Very pleasant staff

Cons
Needs to be updated. Rooms are dated.
It's a HUGE motel (this could also be a pro I suppose)
We had an issue with a few ants which we reported but I believe my husband gave them the wrong room number so we didn't see anything being done about them. It was not bad and it was not a deal breaker but I feel it must be mentioned. The young lady at the desk was very apologetic. I feel we were to blame for them not showing but it was not worth calling them again because it really was not that bad.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Yakima Valley Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!