“I will not stay again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Yakima Valley Hotel and Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Yakima Valley Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Yakima Valley Hotel and Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1507 North First Street, Yakima, WA 98901 (Formerly Clarion Hotel & Conference Center)   |
Ranked #13 of 24 hotels in Yakima
Seattle, Washington
“I will not stay again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The staff was friendly and helpful and my room(s) clean. This establishment does not keep the air conditioning on and maintain a comfort level within the room. The day I checked in, it was 100+ in Yakima, and when I went in the room, it was very hot. I turned on the air conditioner and left to sit by the pool while the room cooled down. When I returned, I discovered the air conditioner was not working. I was given a second room and again, it was hot. Believe it or not, that air conditioner was also not working, so I had to move all my stuff yet again to a third room. It took until 1:00 am to get the room cooled down to 74 degrees, running the air conditioner at full blast. Needless to say, I did not have a good nights rest. However, the beds are comfortable. Dinner and breakfast buffets are offered, but if you are looking for healthy options, you won't find them here. Dinner consisted of frozen succotash, fried potatoes, fried chicken, and the salad bar not well stocked. The iceberg lettuce was brown, the spinach wilted and very few toppings. Breakfast options included cereal, eggs benedict (I think they were from the freezer section and heated up, but I didn't eat them so not sure), breakfast potatoes and sausage. All in all, my stay was a true disappointment and I won't return or recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Watervliet, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

First off let me say we are in week 3 of a 3 week vacation so we have stayed at a lot of motels. Incomparison the Yakima Valley Hotel does need some work. I'm going to list the pros and cons
Pros
Very spacious rooms
comfortable beds
free dinner and breakfast included in the room price which makes this a very reasonable place to stay.
walk out balcony on 2nd floor, and patio on 1st floor.
Nice pool
Rooms clean
Very pleasant staff

Cons
Needs to be updated. Rooms are dated.
It's a HUGE motel (this could also be a pro I suppose)
We had an issue with a few ants which we reported but I believe my husband gave them the wrong room number so we didn't see anything being done about them. It was not bad and it was not a deal breaker but I feel it must be mentioned. The young lady at the desk was very apologetic. I feel we were to blame for them not showing but it was not worth calling them again because it really was not that bad.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Brinnon, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've stayed at this establishment for almost a week, once a year, for eight years. I have now decided never to stay there again as it has declined. Last year was bad but I decided to give it one more year since they, apparently, changed ownership. Specific reasons: 1) When I first arrived for my five night stay decided to take a shower - no body wash, no soap anywhere in the room. Period. That was unacceptable; 2) On day three, when things had slowed down in my life, I noticed small ants crawling all over the bathroom floor and crawling up the bathtub. This tipped the scale into totally unacceptable. I will now find another establishment for my weekly trip to Yakima. I'm sorry to make this decision because the staff themselves are very pleasant.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Nolan W, General Manager at Yakima Valley Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your patronage through the years. Its great to hear from someone who has stayed and stayed again. I would be very sorry to lose your business, please contact me personally to talk about your experience. Either you can email me at nolanwatte@hotmail.com or call 509-248-7850 and ask for Nolan.

Tri-Cities, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been staying with this hotel for three years and the staff and new management have always been so attentive and more than generous. Very clean and spacious rooms, AMAZING complimentary breakfast and dinner buffet included in everyone's rates. The fact that the new manager not only got both of the pools and the hot tub up this year, but completely renovated them is a huge bonus.. I asked the staff about the security patrol cars cruising by and they hired on 24 hour security for the comfort of there guests!! Besides having the best rates in town with by far the best customer service I have ever experienced.. and get this... they have a comedy club on Friday and Saturday nights now, with half off admission if you show your room key, could not be more perfect.

Room Tip: Try the Shasta Wing
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your review. Its wonderful to hear about your experience. Come back again soon and enjoy the comedy show, and our great rates.

Auburn, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First time staying here, and it didn't appear to be in a great part of the neighbor hood, but we were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and very friendly staff. The pool areas were great, I don't remember the last time we stayed at a hotel that had a NINE FOOT DEEP swimming pool that you could actually jump into. I would stay here again. Free breakfast/dinner wasn't GREAT, but it was exactly what I expected for free. AC in our room was OK for June, by July/August it may not work very well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Nolan W, General Manager at Yakima Valley Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for visiting us, and taking the time to leave a review. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your first visit to the Yakima Valley Hotel. That's a great photo of the main pool! We'll definitely look into the AC unit. For more information I would appreciate it if you could contact me at nolanwatte@hotmail.com. Please remember us next time you visit Yakima.

Yakima Valley Hotel & Conference Center
Lynden, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Being part of the Crossfire Club group, I believe we all enjoyed our stay. I was glad we found a place we could all stay. The room was comfortable and very clean. Your front desk people were very friendly and helpful . With your addition of the hot breakfast buffet and dinner buffet was a bonus. I'm staying again with you all next week. And look forward to our group staying with you next year for the Memorial Day weekend. Thanks for your hard work

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
What a pleasure it was to have the Crossfire stay here. I'm glad you enjoyed the food, and the clean room. We'll look forward to seeing you when your next in the area. Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review.

Edmonds, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Over the past seven or eight years I have made repeated business trips to Yakima where I have tried several other hotels but always returned to what is now the Yakima Valley Hotel and Conference Center. The entire staff has consistently been very friendly and always willing to assist in anything I need during my stays. Now that it has fallen under new management the treatment I have received has even improved beyond that which I lauded.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Nolan W, General Manager at Yakima Valley Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Sir,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. As a new business were trying hard to excel in making every experience a good one. Our staff really appreciates your recognition. Your input as someone who's seen the hotel change throughout the years is interesting. Thank you for your long time patronage. We'll look forward to your visit next time your in town.

Yakima Valley Hotel & Conference Center Management

Been to Yakima Valley Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!