“Convenient, clean, friendly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Yakima Valley Hotel and Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Yakima Valley Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Yakima Valley Hotel and Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1507 North First Street, Yakima, WA 98901 (Formerly Clarion Hotel & Conference Center)   |
Ranked #13 of 25 hotels in Yakima
“Convenient, clean, friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here when we came into Yakima for a family wedding in July 2013. I did not realize until today that I had never done a review. We were greeted well and I was quite pleased with this hotel that I have booked to stay here this coming weekend for another family event. The parking lot is large, It feels good. When last here, we had a lot of things to do for the wedding and we had alot of family in and out of our room. The room was large enough to accommodate the numbers. We even spent part of the day around the large pool. All in all a good experience. They have a nice coffee cart in the lobby available 24/7, which I appreciated. You cannot go wrong with this hotel whether for personal or business. Good wifi. I did not use the gym but it looked good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

7 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stayed here in the past when it was the old Clarion and I will say when I made the reservation I was a tad bit worried. Unknown name, you never know who has taken over.
I will HONESTLY tell you I'm so Impressed by the New Ownership!
They are making lots of changes! A tall man greeted me when I walked in the door and felt so welcome. Checked it and got the room style that I love. Front desk was very friendly. Then they offered me comp dinner.... Really? That was NEVER offered! How great was that! Looking forward to the Comp breakfast in the morning.
Then needed info on the town and walking directions and Alexis suggested so much info! Got back from what I needed to do and stopped back at the front desk where Alexis was still working and I think we chatted for an hour about who knows what! What a great personality, she belongs being in the hospitality industry!
Go to find out that the young gentleman that welcomed me was the owner! Are You kidding me?
Great Job to YOU Nolan Watte I give you all the respect and encouragement in the world to take on a property like this! I wish you ALL THE BEST! And just so you know I WILL be back because of your young business skills!
Last of all I want to thank Curtis the Engineer for coming to my room so late to change a light bulb in my bathroom. I couldn't even believe an Engineer was here this late so you know he cares about his job! Looking forward to coming back to the Yakima area on business.

Room Tip: something courtyard poolside if available would be great for families,
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Thankyou so much to the staff of the Yakima Valley Hotel and conference Center. Nothing but great service, even after we checked out and my kids left an iPod and a pair of shoes behind! Both were promptly
mailed to our home in Seattle. THANK YOU AGAIN!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here for work recently and the staff are amazing! They went out of their way to help! We used 3 conference rooms which were spacious/flexible for our needs. The staff were willing to be able to change things around when we needed something different and were around throughout the entire time. Decent breakfast for the conference and apparently they have complimentary breakfast & dinner for hotel customers.
The hotel rooms are older and show some wear...but the place is under new management that is currently doing upgrades. Rooms were clean!! and the bed was comfortable. Offered different pillow types (love that feature).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Visalia, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Friendly staff, the rooms were nice and clean! Great location as well! I would definitely stay here again if in the area! The buffets for both breakfast and dinner have a great variety. I wasn't really expecting a buffet to be that good!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Yakima, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed here for about 3 weeks, The staff is friendly and helpful. Its Nice for an older hotel. I love the fact that they provide a buffet dinner and breakfast, as well as a free laundry facility. Thats unheard of. I will be visiting again.

Room Tip: Rat covers breakfast dinner and free laundry.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Yakima, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed here while visiting family and chose this hotel because the price was reasonable and it's close to the hwy. We were told at check in that our room includes eating at the breakfast and dinner buffet which was unexpected. Does any other hotel in Yakima have dinner with your room for under a hundred a night? We asked for a room near the back to get away from the street noise and it had a nice sliding glass door with a patio. I just wish it was a little warmer outside so we could enjoy it. Not much of a view but the room was clean, the furniture was worn but not bad. Probably the best thing about the place was the customer service, everyone there was very friendly, always smiled and ask us how our day was. That kind of thing. Had a good stay, and will stay again next time were in town.

Room Tip: If you stay in a room towards the back of the building its farther away from traffic noise, and the...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Yakima Valley Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!